ECT Offensive spiritual warfare

Iakabos

We are all aware of the armor of God (which includes a sword). We have been told to rebuke evil when it comes into our space. What i want to know is whether anyone practices offensive spiritual warfare?

Is it a spiritual gift?

Do Christians only have the ability to defend? Can one actively seek out strongholds and gathering places of the enemy to attack? How does that work?

I know it isn't normally discussed but if the devil has permission to actively pursue destruction for humans then why can't we actively attack, bind, scatter, send to the abyss etc.

There are biblical accounts of saints and apostles finding evil and dealing with it but these days we are only told to wait for it to come to us and then either resist it or say something to make it go away.

It just strikes me as silly considering how aggressively the enemy comes at us. I mean you'll never have anyone more worth fighting, then the being who seeks to eternally destroy you and everybody you love! You just gonna stand there while he commits these crimes!! I mean why wait until he is at our doorstep? Do we turn the other cheek to demons too?

In war you don't wait for the enemy to advance on your position. You preemptively strike them first. Are we really so helpless?

edit:
I think an important question is whether or not the authority we have as Christians extends beyond our immediate vicinity. If we can impact the spirits dwelling in another state or country, on a small or large scale, that's offensive spiritual warfare! whether you disrupt, bind, cast into the abyss, etc. In honesty i do not have a full understanding of the power behind Christ's authority, what it can actually do to them. whatever it is, it has to be a whole lot better than doing nothing!

If anyone has more information about things of this nature please PM me if you feel God leads you to.

Last edited:

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
:patrol:
We are all aware of the armor of God. We have been told to rebuke evil when it comes into our space. What i want to know is whether anyone practices offensive spiritual warfare?

Is it a spiritual gift?

Do Christians only have the ability to defend? Can one actively seek out strongholds and gathering places of the enemy to attack? How does that work?

I know it isn't normally discussed but if the devil has permission to actively pursue destruction for humans then why can't we actively attack, bind, scatter, send to the abyss etc.

There are biblical accounts of saints and apostles finding evil and dealing with it but these days we are only told to wait for it to come to us and then either resist it or say something to make it go away.

It just strikes me as silly considering how aggressively the enemy comes at us. I mean why wait until he is at our doorstep? Do we turn the other cheek to demons too?

In war you don't wait for the enemy to advance on your position. You preemptively strike them first. Are we really so helpless?

yes, spiritual warfare is ongoing, within and without. the enemy thrives on it, and employs it in countless ways. i think we all try, some more than others. so many factors. many members have been addressing this lately - God Bless - :patrol:

andyc

We are all aware of the armor of God. We have been told to rebuke evil when it comes into our space. What i want to know is whether anyone practices offensive spiritual warfare?

Is it a spiritual gift?

It just strikes me as silly considering how aggressively the enemy comes at us. I mean why wait until he is at our doorstep? Do we turn the other cheek to demons too?

When you walk in the Spirit and in faith you will meet opposition. Our duty is to be witnesses, not devil hunters. Satan is a stumbling block, but his kingdom is already defeated. We have authority over all the power of the devil, and he'll get a taste of it if we use our authority, but we do not have authority over peoples minds, and their will, and so the devil uses this to counter us. Paul had problems in his ministry when people stired up opposition. The devil was behind it of course, but the will of man can prevail In situations.

Iakabos

:patrol:

yes, spiritual warfare is ongoing, within and without. the enemy thrives on it, and employs it in countless ways. i think we all try, some more than others. so many factors. many members have been addressing this lately - God Bless - :patrol:

Well i certainly hope so, there's never gonna be a bigger reason to take up arms and fight for the souls of this world. If we have the ability or potential to launch air strikes at the enemy we shouldn't hesitate!!!

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER

Is it a spiritual gift?

It just strikes me as silly considering how aggressively the enemy comes at us. I mean you'll never have anyone more worth fighting, then the being who seeks to eternally destroy you and everybody you love! You just gonna stand there while he commits these crimes!! I mean why wait until he is at our doorstep? Do we turn the other cheek to demons too?

The saints speak the truth and the satanists attack the saints person rather than argue the case.

Although some do argue their case intermingled with personal attacks which they think might make others think they are right.

They post to be seen of men.

They are idolaters who do that.

LA

Iakabos

When you walk in the Spirit and in faith you will meet opposition. Our duty is to be witnesses, not devil hunters. Satan is a stumbling block, but his kingdom is already defeated. We have authority over all the power of the devil, and he'll get a taste of it if we use our authority, but we do not have authority over peoples minds, and their will, and so the devil uses this to counter us. Paul had problems in his ministry when people stired up opposition. The devil was behind it of course, but the will of man can prevail In situations.

I know he's defeated but that doesn't seem to be slowing down the casualty rate he racks up. I mean c'mon why can't we have a few "devil hunters" in the world? I'd imagine satan uses every follower to be his "soul hunters". I'm really not trying to make it sound so fantastical but it can't be helped, the idea of angels fighting demons is just that. If we could see into spirit, as some have, perhaps we would realize just how much is going on and whether or not we can impact any outcomes.

A heightened spiritual awareness would make it a lot easier, maybe that's something to pray for.

Iakabos

The saints speak the truth and the satanists attack the saints person rather than argue the case.

Although some do argue their case intermingled with personal attacks which they think might make others think they are right.

They post to be seen of men.

They are idolaters who do that.

LA

I'm not talking about attacking people, i'm talking about attacking principalities and powers.

Iakabos

aggressive spiritual warfare is done by Christ.

Apparently angels also, are you saying this is an exclusive allowance/ability given only to them? Don't we operate under Christ's authority? If we are a temple to the Holy Spirit, can't He use us for battle?

Not trying to be contentious bro, i just think this is an important topic.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Well i certainly hope so, there's never gonna be a bigger reason to take up arms and fight for the souls of this world. If we have the ability or potential to launch air strikes at the enemy we shouldn't hesitate!!!

YOU can take up arms - if you're not a felon - :patrol:

oatmeal

We are all aware of the armor of God (which includes a sword). We have been told to rebuke evil when it comes into our space. What i want to know is whether anyone practices offensive spiritual warfare?

Is it a spiritual gift?

edit:
I think an important question is whether or not the authority we have as Christians extends beyond our immediate vicinity. If we can impact the spirits dwelling in another state or country, on a small or large scale, that's offensive spiritual warfare! whether you disrupt, bind, cast into the abyss, etc. In honesty i do not have a full understanding of the power behind Christ's authority, what it can actually do to them. whatever it is, it has to be a whole lot better than doing nothing!

If anyone has more information about things of this nature please PM me if you feel God leads you to.

The sword of the spirit is the word of God.

Ephesians 4:17

Hebrews 4:12

Ephesians 4:15 is the crux of a worthy lifestyle.

Speaking the truth in love is the best way to introduce light into a situation or life

JosephR

When The Lord Christ Jesus spoke to the demons they said" have you come to torment us before the appointed time " The Lord then exorcised the woman but the demons went free...

And for those looking to be devil hunters, your speaking to Him now and don't even know it.

This Charming Manc

You think you can improve on what Christ has done ?

Apparently angels also, are you saying this is an exclusive allowance/ability given only to them? Don't we operate under Christ's authority? If we are a temple to the Holy Spirit, can't He use us for battle?

Not trying to be contentious bro, i just think this is an important topic.

PureX

I'm very curious as to exactly what "offensive spiritual warfare" would actually entail. Would it be praying for those you believe are possessed or inclined to 'satan'? Is it performing some sort of long-distance exorcism? What?

And the followup question would be how do you determine who or where or what these evil "demons and principalities" are, that you wish then to attack?

andyc

I know he's defeated but that doesn't seem to be slowing down the casualty rate he racks up. I mean c'mon why can't we have a few "devil hunters" in the world? I'd imagine satan uses every follower to be his "soul hunters". I'm really not trying to make it sound so fantastical but it can't be helped, the idea of angels fighting demons is just that. If we could see into spirit, as some have, perhaps we would realize just how much is going on and whether or not we can impact any outcomes.

A heightened spiritual awareness would make it a lot easier, maybe that's something to pray for.

Are you talking about prayer intercession? Fighting the demonic strongholds over certain areas? Homosexual stronghold over San Francisco? that sort of thing?
I tend to ignore all that stuff, because it's through the foolishness of preaching that people will see the light and change their ways.

Levolor

Yes. The sword, being the word of God, goes forth and accomplishes that which it was sent for. His word does not return to Him void. (Isaiah 55:11)

Most of the spiritual warfare that people talk about is in reference to themselves being attacked. If a person were full of the love of God, this particular activity would not be necessary. (1 John 5:18)

Is it a spiritual gift?

Yes and no. Love being one of the characteristics of the fruit of the Spirit is something we grow, but it is in the seed that Christ sows in us when He first baptizes us with the Holy Spirit. We need to take care of that seed. Love, true solid agape love, cannot be penetrated by darkness.

Now, the ability to see the spirits of the dark side would be an ability that is given; though, I suppose some seek to develop this ability. Dangerous thing to do though.

15 And the evil spirit answered and said, “Jesus I know, and Paul I know; but who are you?”

16 Then the man in whom the evil spirit was leaped on them, overpowered[a] them, and prevailed against them, so that they fled out of that house naked and wounded.
Acts 19:15, 16

Do Christians only have the ability to defend?

No.

Can one actively seek out strongholds and gathering places of the enemy to attack? How does that work?

Light dispels darkness. You can pray those with the light into those areas. You can send angels into those areas. You, yourself can go to those areas and claim them for God.

We can.

One of the devices we are not to be ignorant of (2 Corinthians 2:11) is to accept the idea that we are powerless.

Jesus left us with His power and authority. Then He called His twelve disciples together and gave them power and authority over all demons, and to cure diseases. Luke 9:1

AND, let's not overlook our being given 'all' power over the enemy: Behold, I give unto you power to tread on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy: and nothing shall by any means hurt you. Luke 10:19

This is as good a place as any, with the next verse after Luke 10:19, that it could be very unwise to engage in this activity unless: 20 Notwithstanding in this rejoice not, that the spirits are subject unto you; but rather rejoice, because your names are written in heaven. (This is for the benefit of those reading who may not be Christian.) If we are not known by God, a person can be hurt.

Not if we know better.

It seems to me that most may be afraid of the tremendous power that they/we do have. It also means that responsibility has to be taken. The status of 'victim' is so appealing and that appearance of weakness is not given up easily due to wanting to be dependent.

edit:

Yes. We can affect situations at a distance. Those who are born of the Spirit can go there:

The wind bloweth where it listeth, and thou hearest the sound thereof, but canst not tell whence it cometh, and whither it goeth: so is every one that is born of the Spirit. John 3:8

There is no time or distance in spirit and so prayers are effective too. Especially those of a righteous person. (James 5:16)

The Catholics can be a great resource on this particular topic.

Let me know how things go, as you engage yourself in this, if you do.

God Bless.

Levolor

When you walk in the Spirit and in faith you will meet opposition. Our duty is to be witnesses, not devil hunters.

I believe that we don't have to hunt it at all. It, when confronted with it, assaults all our senses. We know them by their fruit. No need to hunt, as you say.

Be a witness to it. What, pray tell, does that involve? Oh... maybe speaking the Gospel, ok. And if that, or you, is denigrated?

Satan is a stumbling block, but his kingdom is already defeated.

True. Doesn't mean that he still doesn't try... continually. What then?

The fact that his kingdom is defeated doesn't mean he won't continue to gain it back as it was in the days before Christ Jesus took back man's lawful authority if we also do not continue to claim it.

To me, we still give up authority, with the devil as victor, if we don't exercise our God-given authority.

We have authority over all the power of the devil, and he'll get a taste of it if we use our authority, but we do not have authority over peoples minds, and their will, and so the devil uses this to counter us.

That's correct. Nevertheless, the light hurts them. And, they will leave if enough light is around. Let us also never forget the power of the Word.

When the devil counters us, they do try to lower our actions, reactions and words to their level with the effect that the devil becomes stronger. Those with the light must steel themselves against their ploys and pray the Lord help them.

Paul had problems in his ministry when people stired up opposition. The devil was behind it of course, but the will of man can prevail In situations.

Not sure I understand you here. "The will of man can prevail in situations", but yet you also said "we do not have authority over peoples minds, and their will". Thank you for explaining this.

For me, what prevails is God's will. Always.. if, that is, there is a person willing to ask for it and have it be done. Not only in other lives but our own too.