ECT Offensive spiritual warfare

Levolor

If we could see into spirit, as some have, perhaps we would realize just how much is going on and whether or not we can impact any outcomes.

We can. There are those who do impact outcomes. It is great that you are joining in.

A heightened spiritual awareness would make it a lot easier, maybe that's something to pray for.

Yes. We are always given what we need. Not for entertainment or to impress, but to serve God.

There's a story about Arch Angel Micheal asking God for power. When asked by the other angels why he had asked for power, his response was: To better serve God.

Levolor

I'm not talking about attacking people, i'm talking about attacking principalities and powers.

People are influenced by principalities and powers. That's for sure, but your response is great because: we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places. Ephesians 6:12

It's not the person, who is made in the image of God, but that which influences them that is battled against. And devils can only be conquered by the power of God... His love, His word, His servants, friends and family wherein His love, power and word resides.

Levolor

I think disarming a demon does a lot more good than any fleshy warfare lol

For some reason this morning I was thinking something about the enemies of God, and it just occurred to me that, that thought is no doubt for this thread. :)

I thought: it is wonderful how God destroys His enemies.... by making them His friends.

Levolor

Are you talking about prayer intercession? Fighting the demonic strongholds over certain areas? Homosexual stronghold over San Francisco? that sort of thing?
I tend to ignore all that stuff, because it's through the foolishness of preaching that people will see the light and change their ways.

How will they hear that preaching if no preacher is sent to them?

God has given us dominion over this world, and if we see areas that are bereft of God's love and influence are we to stand by and say: Oh someone or God will do something. Someone else will take care of that for us.

No.

We are given dominion over this planet and God is a gentleman, He will not interfere unless we ask Him to.

So many people, atheists and atheist wanna be's, ask: why doesn't God do something about the starving in Africa? No one answers with: It's our responsibility. Why aren't we doing something about it?

andyc

I believe that we don't have to hunt it at all. It, when confronted with it, assaults all our senses. We know them by their fruit. No need to hunt, as you say.

Be a witness to it. What, pray tell, does that involve? Oh... maybe speaking the Gospel, ok. And if that, or you, is denigrated?

Yes the gospel is meant to set captives free. Turn people from darkness to light, from the power of the devil to God.

True. Doesn't mean that he still doesn't try... continually. What then?

If he prevails over peoples hearts and minds, we can only continue pray that the eyes of their inner man will be open to his deception. The whole world is under the sway of the evil one.

The fact that his kingdom is defeated doesn't mean he won't continue to gain it back as it was in the days before Christ Jesus took back man's lawful authority if we also do not continue to claim it.

To me, we still give up authority, with the devil as victor, if we don't exercise our God-given authority.

Yes he must continue to be resisted, but ultimately we can only have the final say involving ourselves. He will flee from us.

That's correct. Nevertheless, the light hurts them. And, they will leave if enough light is around. Let us also never forget the power of the Word.

Yes the word is our authority. Jesus always used the word when dealing with him.

When the devil counters us, they do try to lower our actions, reactions and words to their level with the effect that the devil becomes stronger. Those with the light must steel themselves against their ploys and pray the Lord help them.

Yes. Paul mentioned in his letters for people to pray for him, that when he preached................

2Thes 3:1-5
Finally, brethren, pray for us, that the word of the Lord may run swiftly and be glorified, just as it is with you, and that we may be delivered from unreasonable and wicked men; for not all have faith. But the Lord is faithful, who will establish you and guard you from the evil one.

Eph 6:18-20
praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, being watchful to this end with all perseverance and supplication for all the saints—— and for me, that utterance may be given to me, that I may open my mouth boldly to make known the mystery of the gospel, for which I am an ambassador in chains; that in it I may speak boldly, as I ought to speak.

Not sure I understand you here. "The will of man can prevail in situations", but yet you also said "we do not have authority over peoples minds, and their will". Thank you for explaining this.

For me, what prevails is God's will. Always.. if, that is, there is a person willing to ask for it and have it be done. Not only in other lives but our own too.

God's will does not always prevail. Man's will prevails often. Jesus wanted to gather Jerusalem as a hen gathers her chicks, but they were not willing.

andyc

How will they hear that preaching if no preacher is sent to them?

God has given us dominion over this world, and if we see areas that are bereft of God's love and influence are we to stand by and say: Oh someone or God will do something. Someone else will take care of that for us.

No.

We are given dominion over this planet and God is a gentleman, He will not interfere unless we ask Him to.

So many people, atheists and atheist wanna be's, ask: why doesn't God do something about the starving in Africa? No one answers with: It's our responsibility. Why aren't we doing something about it?

I don't think that binding demons and coming against the devil is going to bring change in this regard.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
I'm very curious as to exactly what "offensive spiritual warfare" would actually entail. Would it be praying for those you believe are possessed or inclined to 'satan'? Is it performing some sort of long-distance exorcism? What?

Sometimes people pray in order to bind the spirit which blinds those they want to preach to.

But binding that spirit is not what men are held bound by, for it is their self life which binds them, which is called the "flesh" in the Bible.

and it is only some of those who call on God to deliver them from that bondage who will accept the word concerning Jesus and His requirements of entering into His Kingdom.

for those who love their flesh more than Jesus, will turn back as shows the parable of the sower.

And the followup question would be how do you determine who or where or what these evil "demons and principalities" are, that you wish then to attack?

The principalities and powers of satan are among men, and it is folly to try to free men from them if they do not want to be set free, but in speaking the truth publically the seed will always fall on all kinds of ground.

Which is why privately speaking to individuals one is sent to is less of a problem but some men are sent to speak to many at one time which is good that large meetings are arranged for this rather than in the park.

If God does some great miracle then all the satanists will turn up and that is not good or necessary for the preaching of the gospel to those who God does draw to come.

For men are so prone to follow the miracles or some great preacher rather than give their life to Christ AFTER they believe as did Abraham, the father of the faithful.

LA

Levolor

Hey Andyc,

I need to leave soon and do not at present have the time to reply to your posts. I'll be home, Lord willing, in 6 or 7 hours and may have the time (and energy) to give you reply then.

God bless.

Aimiel

Praying prophetically is 'offensive' spiritual warfare. We call things that are not as though they are. God is moved by our faith. We speak what He lays upon our hearts and He sees to the victory. One can actually travel through time and space and stand at the end of the age at The Right Hand of God and prophesy back through time to the present, prophesying God's Will into any situation. He makes His Power available by grace, through faith in His victory over hell, death and the grave.

Intercessory prayer can be offensive, giving God the problem and then trusting He will take care of the situation, however He decides to solve the problem and asking if there is anything more that can be done on our end to further the faith of those involved. I've found entrances to share the Gospel with people in tough situations this way, by following His Instructions. The very best of prayer takes place in God's War Room.