Open Private Message (?) To Knight

Status
Not open for further replies.

docrob57

I checked to see if you had made a response to the final post on the one on one, and I see that you did. I will not respond since there is no point, and since I do not want to be involved here anymore. I hope and pray that no one who is not already deceived by the OV heresy is convinced by what you have to say.

I just have to point out that I am extremely disappointed in you and the other OVers. You say that you accept non-OVers as brothers in Christ, so why do you work so hard to "convert" them? You must be aware that there are many non-OVers who do not consider the doctrine you follow to be Christian. As I have said, and as numerous theologians (Calvinist and Arminian) that I have read in recent months have said, the god that you worship is not the God of the Bible. Regardless of whether or not you beleive that, I would think that you would have enough judgment to recognize that there is sufficient doubt concerning your views that you might not be trying so vigorously to spread them.

To all this you will say "what difference does it make if it is all predestined." And your point is correct, to a point. The main difference it makes is for you. This is especially true if there are degrees of punishment in hell. Each time you publicly mock God with your OV swill, you drive more nails in your coffin and sink yourself deeper into the pits. No one, not even a Calvinist, would say that you have no choice in this (as has been explained to you several times, and as you continually either deliberately or out of ignorance fail to acknowledge). And you will reap what you sow.

May God have mercy on you.
Robert Sims

Berean Todd

Ok, I'm usually on Doc's side, and I do find the OV to be detestable. However, his post above clearly seems to say that OVers are not saved, and I do not and will not go that far, and just ask that my OV brothers and sisters in Christ will not assume that all of we calvies feel the same way as he has expressed, because we do not.

Sozo

docrob57 said:
And you will reap what you sow.
In the Calvinist world, how is that possible?

How can the "God" who sows and reaps all things, according to His decree, suggest that "we reap what we sow".

Just asking.

drbrumley

Sozo said:

How can the "God" who sows and reaps all things, according to His decree, suggest that "we reap what we sow".

Just asking.
Such a simple question, yet so profound. :up:

elected4ever

Sozo said:

Just asking.
It is not God who sows the evil but the enemy of God and we are the fields (human race) and we produce according to the seed that is sown in us. That is why I reject the OV that is preached on this board. We have no choice but to produce according to the seed that has been sown. We are ether sinful or righteous according to the seed that has been sown. This idea that God's children are still sinners and not righteous is foreign to the scripture because each seed has its predestined end.

Sozo

elected4ever said:
It is not God who sows the evil but the enemy of God and we are the fields (human race) and we produce according to the seed that is sown in us. That is why I reject the OV that is preached on this board. We have no choice but to produce according to the seed that has been sown. We are ether sinful or righteous according to the seed that has been sown. This idea that God's children are still sinners and not righteous is foreign to the scripture because each seed has its predestined end.

I have no problem with the sowing of righteousness, and that only God can work in and through us according to His good pleasure, but Calvinism, does not stop there. We are predestined according to the seed sown in us, but that seed can be accepted or rejected by the ground.

cfisher

docrob57 said:
Each time you publicly mock God with your OV swill, you drive more nails in your coffin and sink yourself deeper into the pits.

The more I study Platonism, the more I see Calvinists mocking and slandering God. They equate him to the stone idols he hates. They say he cannot move. They say he cannot feel love. They say he rapes babies and slaughters Jews. They commit blasphemy a hundred times over and then project their pagan concept onto the rest of Christians as the only true way. It is sick.

elected4ever

Sozo said:
I have no problem with the sowing of righteousness, and that only God can work in and through us according to His good pleasure, but Calvinism, does not stop there. We are predestined according to the seed sown in us, but that seed can be accepted or rejected by the ground.
Well we know that one or the other will grow and produce fruit. If the good seed of righteousness is rejected then the bad seed of sin will grow. Not only that but the bad seed of sin will look a lot like the good seed of righteousness to us. We are predestined according to the seed we received and not the seed we have rejected. When we receive the good seed of righteousness we become predestined according to that seed. If we reject the good seed then the enemy sows the seed of sin and we are then predestined according to that seed.

The enemy throws bad seed into a field that has good seed planted and the good and the bad grow together. At harvest time the reapers know the difference and burn the bad and preserve the good. In any event the seed receives its predestined end.

There really is no choice until the seed is sown. We then have a choice as to be a cultivated field or remain an uncultivated one. In an uncultivated field no good seed is sown and in a cultivated field the ground is prepared that the good seed can be sown and produce a crop. Bad seed is also present in the cultivated field and grows among the crop and the bad and the good grow together.

When a field is prepared for planting the condition of the field it self, the weather and the workers in the field determines the yield.

JoyfulRook

We were obviously predestined to be heretics and believe in the OV.
You obviously chose the path of Calivinism, Predestination, and Platonism, of your own Free Will.

JoyfulRook

elected4ever said:
I almost made a joke about you being predestined to not have a brain but thought the better of it. I wouldn't want you to think that God predestined me to make such a meanspirited joke. :think: At least then you couldn't get mad at me about it. It would be God's fault...

elected4ever

Dread Helm said:
I almost made a joke about you being predestined to not have a brain but thought the better of it. I wouldn't want you to think that God predestined me to make such a meanspirited joke. :think: At least then you couldn't get mad at me about it. It would be God's fault...
:spam:

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
docrob57 said:
I checked to see if you had made a response to the final post on the one on one, and I see that you did. I will not respond since there is no point, and since I do not want to be involved here anymore. I hope and pray that no one who is not already deceived by the OV heresy is convinced by what you have to say.
Docrob, with all due respect... it was you who came back to TOL boldly proclaiming how you wanted to convert all of us OV'ers and it was you who asked me to debate you in the One on One thread, you should always be ready to give a defense for your beliefs. On the bright side... you didn't do poorly in our debate(s) because you are a bad debater, instead you did poorly in the debate because your theology doesn't make sense and it isn't biblical. The church you are attending is feeding you a bunch of garbage. What's worse is they have puffed you up and you are now boastful in your theology (which is flawed) when instead you should be boastful in only the cross of Jesus.

You continue...
I just have to point out that I am extremely disappointed in you and the other OVers. You say that you accept non-OVers as brothers in Christ, so why do you work so hard to "convert" them?
It is not my job to convert anyone that the future is open as I think that is self evident. I do however work hard to defend God's word which clearly supports the idea that the future is not meticulously settled in advance.

You continue...
You must be aware that there are many non-OVers who do not consider the doctrine you follow to be Christian. As I have said, and as numerous theologians (Calvinist and Arminian) that I have read in recent months have said, the god that you worship is not the God of the Bible. Regardless of whether or not you beleive that, I would think that you would have enough judgment to recognize that there is sufficient doubt concerning your views that you might not be trying so vigorously to spread them.
I really could care less what some theologian thinks. To me, there is nothing more important than God's word.

The Bible is my guide not some so called "scholar".

You continue...
To all this you will say "what difference does it make if it is all predestined." And your point is correct, to a point. The main difference it makes is for you. This is especially true if there are degrees of punishment in hell. Each time you publicly mock God with your OV swill, you drive more nails in your coffin and sink yourself deeper into the pits.
I have asked you several times to give a biblical defense for such a bizarre assertion and you have failed to give one shred of biblical evidence that a person who believes the future is not settled is going to hell. Apparently you have pulled this notion from the book of Docrob.

You continue...
No one, not even a Calvinist, would say that you have no choice in this (as has been explained to you several times, and as you continually either deliberately or out of ignorance fail to acknowledge). And you will reap what you sow.
According to you I don't "sow" anything!!! God sows, not men! Don't you remember?

Again Docrob you can't even accept your own theology! You preach a settled future but you cry out in every paragraph that you type that men have the ability to make choices. Until you can accept the consequences of your own theology how do you expect to convince anyone else?

You continue...
May God have mercy on you.
He already has! :thumb:

Status
Not open for further replies.