__

Greg Jennings

yeh, O'Reilly nailed it...

said essentialy that the reason for this

is

lack of morals.. lack of religion

how ironic it was those who had religion that this nut job killed

__
I disagree. Based on the murderer's own words regarding the South Carolina shooting of the female reporter and her cameraman I'd say that the reason for this attack and many others is the promise of infamy. If you commit mass murder you get your face plastered on every tv screen in the country, your name is on the lips of every person in the country, and you will never be forgotten like the vast majority of people will after they're gone. You can, sadly, achieve immortality through infamy

glorydaz

I disagree. Based on the murderer's own words regarding the South Carolina shooting of the female reporter and her cameraman I'd say that the reason for this attack and many others is the promise of infamy. If you commit mass murder you get your face plastered on every tv screen in the country, your name is on the lips of every person in the country, and you will never be forgotten like the vast majority of people will after they're gone. You can, sadly, achieve immortality through infamy

A lot of good that's going to do them if they're dead.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned

i disagree with you, infamy is not achieved by these insane killers. i can remember very few names of mass shooters, only the locations and victims and families and friends. this guy or anybody that commits these acts are spit on and hated by the world, they get no infamy

Greg Jennings

A lot of good that's going to do them if they're dead.

In their minds they never really die because they'll be infamous forever. As opposed to just living a normal life and being forgotten after their grandkids die. It's a warped way of thinking about life and that's why crazy people are normally the ones who engage in these mass murders

Greg Jennings

i disagree with you, infamy is not achieved by these insane killers. i can remember very few names of mass shooters, only the locations and victims and families and friends. this guy or anybody that commits these acts are spit on and hated by the world, they get no infamy

The bold above is the definition of infamy. And to counter your argument think about Columbine or Sandy Hook or Charles Manson or Dzokhar Tsarnaev. Even if you can't remember their names they still made a lasting impact (a hugely negative one) that will put them down in history. By being remembered as insane killers they achieve infamy.

Remember that fame and infamy are not the same thing

PJ, I can't figure out how to reply to your pm. Sorry if you thought I'm ignoring you. I'm not. I'm just clueless

Last edited:

republicanchick

wow... my op point seemed to just go over your head llike a Boeing 777 @ optimal speed

HELLLLOOOOOO

a desire for fame by itself does NOT

FORCE

or compel someone to KILL

and of course, I should not have said merely Religion... but the RIGHT religion

What is wrong with just about every religion in the world save Catholicism is this:

no one fears Hell... yet we are told in the Word that those who do not do God's will GO THERE.

the jihadists think they are going to avoid hell... what a joke.. As Bobby Jindal said, they are going straight to Hell after their "martyrdom"

Jindal speaks the truth... about a lot of things... too bad the liberal media (and sometimes conservative media can be pretty "liberal")

don't give him the time he should get... and so we the people are given fewer choices... and nothing changes

same old same old

ho hum

+

Tyrathca

The reason for the shooting is guns. Countries with less guns have less gun violence and homicides in general, countries with more guns have more.

Lack of religion has nothing to do with it, it's comical to even suggest it. Which developed western nation do you think is the most overtly Christian? Which developed western nation has the most obvious problem with gun violence? Why is the answer to both those questions the same country?

Greg Jennings

wow... my op point seemed to just go over your head llike a Boeing 777 @ optimal speed

HELLLLOOOOOO

a desire for fame by itself does NOT

FORCE

or compel someone to KILL

and of course, I should not have said merely Religion... but the RIGHT religion

What is wrong with just about every religion in the world save Catholicism is this:

no one fears Hell... yet we are told in the Word that those who do not do God's will GO THERE.

the jihadists think they are going to avoid hell... what a joke.. As Bobby Jindal said, they are going straight to Hell after their "martyrdom"

Jindal speaks the truth... about a lot of things... too bad the liberal media (and sometimes conservative media can be pretty "liberal")

don't give him the time he should get... and so we the people are given fewer choices... and nothing changes

same old same old

ho hum

+

I don't think anything went over my head republicanchick. In fact, after I made my post I was watching a re-run of The Kelly File on Fox News and Miss Megyn repeated my sentiments almost verbatim. In her opinion the promise of infamy (exact word she used) could possibly fuel these kinds of attacks. Why do you think the Roseburg sheriff refused to give out the killer's name? Fortunately we know exactly why he did this because he told us, and the reason was "to not give this person the notoriety he was looking for."

With respect republicanchick, pretending that Catholicism has a nonviolent history is a little like pretending that the Earth isn't round.

Last edited:

republicanchick

He sexually harasses women.

another say nothing post

b/c few ever define "sexual harassment"

some think just saying a woman is attractive or her hair looks nice today is in that category

so again.. you say nothing

and also again: If we have to wait until we are "no longer human" (sinful) b4 we evangelize... (you know the rest... but then you wouldn't mind if there was no evangelizing of the Christian message)

__

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
another say nothing post

b/c few ever define "sexual harassment"

some think just saying a woman is attractive or her hair looks nice today is in that category

so again.. you say nothing

and also again: If we have to wait until we are "no longer human" (sinful) b4 we evangelize... (you know the rest... but then you wouldn't mind if there was no evangelizing of the Christian message)

__

I think many folks here feel like they know you (in a good way) because you post a lot and start threads. You are usually open and believe in what you say; you don't lack confidence ! I just wanted to tell ya, even though we never talk, I feel like I know you a bit. :chuckle:

republicanchick

I think many folks here feel like they know you (in a good way) because you post a lot and start threads. You are usually open and believe in what you say; you don't lack confidence ! I just wanted to tell ya, even though we never talk, I feel like I know you a bit. :chuckle:

well... it's a scary thing..

:chuckle: