Outrage as Racist Protesters Burn Ferguson

musterion

broad negative characterizations

Which ones...broad negative characterizations of threats, trespassing, intimidation, looting, arson, assault, theft, lawlessness, mayhem, and at least one murder and burning of the corpse? Which broad negative characterizations could you possibly mean, Gooberpea?

kmoney

Hall of Fame
The DOJ isn't going to do anything with Wilson either. I wonder if anything will happen in Ferguson in response to that. Obama and Holder are letting them down! They must be racist! :sibbie: :mrt:

kmoney

Hall of Fame
Police here in the UK don't typically or routinely carry guns. Simply wearing a weapon is a liability, so perhaps the last thing a police officer wants to allow would be to have his or her gun taken from them and perhaps used against them or a colleague.
An empty gun at least is a safe gun so wouldn't it be likely that any cop in danger of losing theirs would prefer to empty it first by repeatedly pulling the trigger, if possible?

I read an article a couple days ago about possible changes to how police in some European countries arm themselves in response to the recent attacks and threats.

:Grizzly:

Morpheus

Because that officer was trained in the proper use of a firearm. You don't shoot then take a second to evaluate how effective that shot was. If you have to shoot someone you keep shooting till the guy flees, or drops or your magazine is empty.

Actually most federal law enforcement firearm training teaches control and accuracy, then firing in volleys of three, preserving ammunition. If necessary you can fire another volley of three, etc. depending on the threat. Emphasis is on control an accuracy, since any well trained shooter should be able to stop any unarmored assailant with a law enforcement caliber weapon with three rounds, especially if they are moving in line with the shooter. Firing over a dozen rounds at medium range, with only six hits, indicates extremely poor training, and probably either panic or rage. Small town to medium-sized cities are notorious for hiring unqualified officers. Some do better than others.

At this point it needs to be pointed out that the D.O.J. has a much higher bar to clear than state prosecutors do. Apples/oranges.

jgarden

BANNED
Banned

The protestors represent a large segment of American society that feels alienated and who are not going to quietly disappear into the night any time soon just because we disapprove of their actions.

We can either spend more and more on "quick fixes" like the police, the courts and prisons to "warehouse" this generation of problems or we can invest it in addressing the "hopelessness" that spawns successive generations who will only continue to engage in these kinds of outbursts!

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame

The protestors represent a large segment of American society that feels alienated and who are not going to quietly disappear into the night any time soon just because we disapprove of their actions.

We can either spend more and more on "quick fixes" like the police, the courts and prisons to "warehouse" this generation of problems or we can invest it in addressing the "hopelessness" that spawns successive generations who will only continue to engage in these kinds of outbursts!

There is no excuse for rioting and looting and burning businesses because you don't like something.

Those who act like that belong in jail, away from law abiding citizens.

There are a lot of things that i don't like and that disappoint me, there have been times where i feel i was treated unjustly, it doesnt give me the right to go and take it out on others who had nothing to do with it.

shagster01

There are a lot of things that i don't like and that disappoint me, there have been times where i feel i was treated unjustly, it doesnt give me the right to go and take it out on others who had nothing to do with it.

But have you? Have you ever had a bad day at work and taken out on your husband when you got home, or something of the like?

I think everyone has.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
But have you? Have you ever had a bad day at work and taken out on your husband when you got home, or something of the like?

I think everyone has.

Um no, ive never rioted at my house, burned his things, or anything of the like. Now keep pretending you dont know what the context is of what i said. Are you really that desperate, or are you stoned again?

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
The DOJ isn't going to do anything with Wilson either. I wonder if anything will happen in Ferguson in response to that. Obama and Holder are letting them down! They must be racist! :sibbie: :mrt:

Between the M4 and the 1911, I have 1500 rounds at the ready. And the SKS in back up, and it never fails.

shagster01

Um no, ive never rioted at my house, burned his things, or anything of the like. Now keep pretending you dont know what the context is of what i said. Are you really that desperate, or are you stoned again?

I made it personal. The riots are societal. Take my example and expand it to society and you have the same thing. Like a fist fight between people and a war between nations.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
I made it personal. The riots are societal. Take my example and expand it to society and you have the same thing. Like a fist fight between people and a war between nations.

yeah, because its personal that quick trip and the liquor store and the beauty supply store, had a *thing* to do with anger over lies.

Thanks for sharing what has happened in your brain with all that pot smoking.

jgarden

BANNED
Banned
There is no excuse for rioting and looting and burning businesses because you don't like something.

The New Colossus

Not like the brazen giant of Greek fame,

With conquering limbs astride from land to land;

Here at our sea-washed, sunset gates shall stand

A mighty woman with a torch, whose flame

Is the imprisoned lightning, and her name

Mother of Exiles. From her beacon-hand

Glows world-wide welcome; her mild eyes command

The air-bridged harbor that twin cities frame.

"Keep ancient lands, your storied pomp!" cries she

With silent lips. "Give me your tired, your poor,

Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,

The wretched refuse of your teeming shore.

Send these, the homeless, tempest-tost to me,

I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"

- Emma Lazarus (The Statue of Liberty)

"Angel4Truth" speaks like a "true believer" who subscribes to the mythology that America is a land of hope and opportunity - where even a boy from Indonesia/Kenya can grow up to become president.

Unfortunately, for a variety of reasons, there is an ever increasing segment in American society that doesn't feel this way and until we make a serious effort to address the source of the problems, this country will never be free from civil unrest!

The US has only 4% of the world's population, but accounts 25% of the world's prison population, so the "those who act like that belong in jail, away from law abiding citizens" approach that hasn't worked in the past will probably be no more successful in the future.

Morpheus

"Angel4Truth" speaks like a "true believer" who subscribes to the mythology that America is a land of hope and opportunity - where even a boy from Indonesia/Kenya can grow up to become president.

Unfortunately, for a variety of reasons, there is an ever increasing segment in American society that doesn't feel this way and until we make a serious effort to address the source of the problems, this country will never be free from civil unrest!

The US has only 4% of the world's population, but accounts 25% of the world's prison population, so the "those who act like that belong in jail, away from law abiding citizens" approach that hasn't worked in the past will probably be no more successful in the future.

We reached a tipping point twice before, where the wealth of the nation was siphoned off by the wealthy, leaving the general population feeling hopeless, with a sense of desperation. The first time those desperate masses threw off the tyrants who bled them dry in the Revolution. The second time came at the end of an era where industrialists and bankers twisted the economy to where workers could barely feed their families, so to make up for depressed wages they had to borrow from the same people who were cheating them out of an honest day's pay. Then when those industrialists and bankers gambled away what little savings any of the workers had the second revolution was imminent. That revolution threatened to replace capitalism. It was only prevented because about half of those businessmen and bankers agreed to get behind a "New Deal" to compromise with the revolutionary factions. I won't elaborate on the "Business Plot", a coup d'etat plot to overthrow the government and replace it with corporate-friendly fascism, undertaken by several of the dissenting businessmen (including Prescott Bush). And now we are at that tipping point again.

jgarden

BANNED
Banned
We reached a tipping point twice before, where the wealth of the nation was siphoned off by the wealthy, leaving the general population feeling hopeless, with a sense of desperation. The first time those desperate masses threw off the tyrants who bled them dry in the Revolution. The second time came at the end of an era where industrialists and bankers twisted the economy to where workers could barely feed their families, so to make up for depressed wages they had to borrow from the same people who were cheating them out of an honest day's pay. Then when those industrialists and bankers gambled away what little savings any of the workers had the second revolution was imminent. That revolution threatened to replace capitalism. It was only prevented because about half of those businessmen and bankers agreed to get behind a "New Deal" to compromise with the revolutionary factions. I won't elaborate on the "Business Plot", a coup d'etat plot to overthrow the government and replace it with corporate-friendly fascism, undertaken by several of the dissenting businessmen (including Prescott Bush). And now we are at that tipping point again.
There is probably a greater concentration of wealth and more financial inequality in the US today that there was in the 13 Colonies prior to the American Revolution!

quip

BANNED
Banned

It's not like they simply didn't get the extra pickles they ordered on their hamburger. :rolleyes:

Do you even care to understand the whys of the matter...or are you just having too much fun finger waving (from your couch)?