ECT Paul was a pentecostal Christian.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Paul was a Pentecostal Christian, a member of the church of Acts ch.2, saved by the same gospel.

So you think that Jesus will marry HIS OWN BODY?

Jesus will marry the body of Christ, which is His Bride, which is His Church.

According to your version you are not a member of His Bride and will not be in the wedding.

I guess that you have no idea what a SIMILE is? Look it up.

Mat 25:1 "Then the kingdom of heaven shall be likened to ten virgins who took their lamps and went out to meet the bridegroom.
Mat 25:2 Now five of them were wise, and five were foolish.

Mat 25:10 And while they went to buy, the bridegroom came, and those who were ready went in with him to the wedding; and the door was shut.
Mat 25:11 "Afterward the other virgins came also, saying, 'Lord, Lord, open to us!'
Mat 25:12 But he answered and said, 'Assuredly, I say to you, I do not know you.'

What in the world are you talking about? Paul persecuted and murdered (or at least consented to their murder) those Pentecostal believers. He as not ONE OF THEM.

Ananias was a Pentecostal.

Act 9:10 Now there was a certain disciple at Damascus named Ananias; and to him the Lord said in a vision, "Ananias." And he said, "Here I am, Lord."
Act 9:11 So the Lord said to him, "Arise and go to the street called Straight, and inquire at the house of Judas for one called Saul of Tarsus, for behold, he is praying.
Act 9:12 And in a vision he has seen a man named Ananias coming in and putting his hand on him, so that he might receive his sight."

Paul obeyed water baptism washing away his sins calling upon the Lord. (as Acts 2:38)

Act 22:16 And now why are you waiting? Arise and be baptized, and wash away your sins, calling on the name of the Lord.'

Have you??

Act 9:10 Now there was a certain disciple at Damascus named Ananias; and to him the Lord said in a vision, "Ananias." And he said, "Here I am, Lord."
Act 9:11 So the Lord said to him, "Arise and go to the street called Straight, and inquire at the house of Judas for one called Saul of Tarsus, for behold, he is praying.
Act 9:12 And in a vision he has seen a man named Ananias coming in and putting his hand on him, so that he might receive his sight."

This was a Pentecostal believer?

Paul became one--

1Co 14:5 I wish you all spoke with tongues, but even more that you prophesied; for he who prophesies is greater than he who speaks with tongues, unless indeed he interprets, that the church may receive edification.
1Co 14:6 But now, brethren, if I come to you speaking with tongues, what shall I profit you unless I speak to you either by revelation, by knowledge, by prophesying, or by teaching?

1Co 14:18 I thank my God I speak with tongues more than you all;

Paul learnt these thing in the assembly he was bought up in, which was Pentecostal, all being related to the church of Acts ch 2.

Gal 1:23 But they were hearing only, "He who formerly persecuted us now preaches the faith which he once tried to destroy."

Paul preached the same gospel to both Jew and Gentile--

Act 26:17 I will deliver you from the Jewish people, as well as from the Gentiles, to whom I now send you,
Act 26:18 to open their eyes, in order to turn them from darkness to light, and from the power of Satan to God, that they may receive forgiveness of sins and an inheritance among those who are sanctified by faith in Me.'

Act 26:19 "Therefore, King Agrippa, I was not disobedient to the heavenly vision,
Act 26:20 but declared first to those in Damascus and in Jerusalem, and throughout all the region of Judea, and then to the Gentiles, that they should repent, turn to God, and do works befitting repentance.

MAD claims Pauls message to the gentiles required no works.

Obviously a gross error.

LA

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Paul was a Pentecostal Christian, a member of the church of Acts ch.2, saved by the same gospel.

According to your version you are not a member of His Bride and will not be in the wedding.

Mat 25:1 "Then the kingdom of heaven shall be likened to ten virgins who took their lamps and went out to meet the bridegroom.
Mat 25:2 Now five of them were wise, and five were foolish.

Mat 25:10 And while they went to buy, the bridegroom came, and those who were ready went in with him to the wedding; and the door was shut.
Mat 25:11 "Afterward the other virgins came also, saying, 'Lord, Lord, open to us!'
Mat 25:12 But he answered and said, 'Assuredly, I say to you, I do not know you.'

Ananias was a Pentecostal.

Paul obeyed water baptism washing away his sins calling upon the Lord. (as Acts 2:38)

Act 22:16 And now why are you waiting? Arise and be baptized, and wash away your sins, calling on the name of the Lord.'

Have you??

Paul became one--

1Co 14:5 I wish you all spoke with tongues, but even more that you prophesied; for he who prophesies is greater than he who speaks with tongues, unless indeed he interprets, that the church may receive edification.
1Co 14:6 But now, brethren, if I come to you speaking with tongues, what shall I profit you unless I speak to you either by revelation, by knowledge, by prophesying, or by teaching?

1Co 14:18 I thank my God I speak with tongues more than you all;

Paul learnt these thing in the assembly he was bought up in, which was Pentecostal, all being related to the church of Acts ch 2.

Gal 1:23 But they were hearing only, "He who formerly persecuted us now preaches the faith which he once tried to destroy."

Paul preached the same gospel to both Jew and Gentile--

Act 26:17 I will deliver you from the Jewish people, as well as from the Gentiles, to whom I now send you,
Act 26:18 to open their eyes, in order to turn them from darkness to light, and from the power of Satan to God, that they may receive forgiveness of sins and an inheritance among those who are sanctified by faith in Me.'

Act 26:19 "Therefore, King Agrippa, I was not disobedient to the heavenly vision,
Act 26:20 but declared first to those in Damascus and in Jerusalem, and throughout all the region of Judea, and then to the Gentiles, that they should repent, turn to God, and do works befitting repentance.

MAD claims Pauls message to the gentiles required no works.

Obviously a gross error.

LA

The only "gross error" is, allowing you to spread false doctrine!

heir

TOL Subscriber
Impossible! First of all, Paul could not have been forgiven under the kingdom program (Matthew 12:31-32 KJV, 1 Timothy 1:13 KJV).

Secondly, those at Pentecost were not saved! They received remission of sins looking forward to the second coming for the blotting out of sins (Acts 3:19-21 KJV) and that contingent upon their enduring to the end to be saved (Matthew 10:22 KJV)!

This is why we see language concerning them like, "such as should be saved" (Acts 2:47 KJV).

Cross Reference

Gee! I wonder if Paul knew all that before He laid his hands on anyone for the Baptism with the Holy Ghost ___ and they spoke in tongues?

TulipBee

BANNED
Banned
Pentecostalism a “house divided.”

It is disturbing enough to read that 17 million Oneness believers
are following a theology that rejects the biblical doctrine of the trinity.

Trinitarian scholar and ex-Oneness follower Gregory Boyd is quoted as
saying, “If you deny the eternality of the three personal
ways God is God, you undermine the very essence of Christianity.”

Oneness Pentecostals have drifted dangerously toward spiritual elitism
and heresy.” Indeed, the Oneness view of baptism is lethally flawed.

oatmeal

There is no question that Paul spoke in tongues, I Corinthians 14:18

As stupidly as some Pentecostals behave, even though they do speak in tongues, I would rather not be lumped in with Pentecostals.

God had Paul write I Corinthians 12-14 to correct the kind of stupidity that many of today's Pentecostals exhibit

Those Pentecostals, although they speak in tongues, end up mocking God and the incredible manifestation of the gift of holy spirit that speaking in tongues is.

There is no question that Paul spoke in tongues, I Corinthians 14:18

And it clear that the apostles, including Paul, expected people to speak in tongues.

Cross Reference

The Pentecostal life Paul exampled was NOT "Oneness-ism"/"Jesus only" cult persuasion.. Get that through your head to learn there is a Pentecostalism, steeped in the Trinity, you need to embrace because the whole of the understanding the NT depends upon you and yours recognizing that fact.

Personally, I don't believe you will accept that and have other issues keeping you in the dark.

oatmeal

As is your modus operandi, you offer opinion, not scripture.

There fore it is no wonder that people fall for the trinity error.

and neglect that gift of holy spirit that is God's will that we use.

Acts 2:22

I Corinthians 14:5

TulipBee

BANNED
Banned
The Pentecostal life Paul exampled was NOT "Oneness-ism"/"Jesus only" cult persuasion.. Get that through your head to learn there is a Pentecostalism, steeped in the Trinity, you need to embrace because the whole of the understanding the NT depends upon you and yours recognizing that fact.

Personally, I don't believe you will accept that and have other issues keeping you in the dark.

Oh gosh! More multi charismatic denominations each not knowing the Bible.

More denominations are created due to each fighting among each other.

TulipBee

BANNED
Banned
th

In Acts 2 tongues, clearly, were known human languages (that is, known to the ones who heard). The "other tongues" (heterais glossais) of verse 4 are explained to be the languages of the Parthians, Medes, Elamites, Mesopotamians, etc., in verses 9-11. In verse 6 those who heard the disciples preach heard them in their "own language." The Greek term for "language" in this verse (and in verse 8) is dialektos, from which comes the English word "dialect"; it can only mean language, never gibberish. Furthermore, it is clear that in Acts 2 tongues were designed to be a method of effective communication to those visiting Jerusalem for the feast of Pentecost. In other words, the tongues of Pentecost broke down the language barrier; it did not set up a language barrier. This rules out the possibility of gibberish.

TulipBee

BANNED
Banned
1Corinthians.jpg

In I Corinthians 14:4 Paul states that the one speaking in a tongue edifies himself. It is evident, then, that he understood what he was saying, for edification would be impossible apart from understanding (which point Paul proceeds to establish in the following verses). Incidentally, it is also evident from this that the true gift of tongues was not a purely emotional experience but one in which the mind was active. Paul's implication is that the one speaking in a tongue understood what he was saying and so was edified. His point in the following verses is that what is not understood cannot edify. The gift of tongues is often characterized, today, as though it were a holy trance of some kind, speaking things unknown even to the speaker himself! This is clearly excluded by Paul's implication here. The assumption is that the speaker, in complete control of his mental faculties, knows what he wants to say and is able, supernaturally, to say it in another language. Like all other gifts, tongues were exercised intelligently.

oatmeal

1Corinthians.jpg

In I Corinthians 14:4 Paul states that the one speaking in a tongue edifies himself. It is evident, then, that he understood what he was saying, for edification would be impossible apart from understanding (which point Paul proceeds to establish in the following verses). Incidentally, it is also evident from this that the true gift of tongues was not a purely emotional experience but one in which the mind was active. Paul's implication is that the one speaking in a tongue understood what he was saying and so was edified. His point in the following verses is that what is not understood cannot edify. The gift of tongues is often characterized, today, as though it were a holy trance of some kind, speaking things unknown even to the speaker himself! This is clearly excluded by Paul's implication here. The assumption is that the speaker, in complete control of his mental faculties, knows what he wants to say and is able, supernaturally, to say it in another language. Like all other gifts, tongues were exercised intelligently.

I Corinthians 14:4

Edification - oikodome

building

You can build up your mind by what you think

You can build up your muscles by exercising them. Muscles are muscle tissue, not brain tissue.

Speaking in tongues is an action based on utilizing the gift of holy spirit.

Decision is the basis for all actions of the will.

When a person speaks in tongues they are not speaking in a language that the speaker understands, it is unknown to the speaker, hence it does not build up the mind, (nor the muscle) but it builds up one spiritually.

I Corinthians 14:14-15

praying spiritually is speaking in tongues and since it is God, the Holy Spirit that gives the utterance, Acts 2:4,it is simple to conclude that speaking in tongues is perfect prayer.

TulipBee

BANNED
Banned
th

In I Corinthians 14:22 Paul says that tongues were "for a sign." They were so spectacular that they would arouse attention. Only human language could be effective as a sign. Ecstatic speech was well known from as far back as the eleventh century, BC, especially as a part of the Greek mystery religions; it would have served only to associate the Christians of Corinth with their pagan background. What made the Christian gift of tongues different and significant was the fact that those so gifted were able to speak in previously unlearned languages; mere gibberish, ecstatic speech, would have meant nothing and so could not have served as a sign.

Cross Reference

What would the greater miracle when tongues or "stammering lips" per Isaiah, were uttered, ___ the speaking of them, by the Holy Spirit or the understanding of them, by the Holy Spirit?

Why I ask: When in heaven, what language will be spoken __ one or many?

TulipBee

BANNED
Banned
What would the greater miracle when tongues or "stammering lips" per Isaiah, were uttered, ___ the speaking of them, by the Holy Spirit or the understanding of them, by the Holy Spirit?

Why I ask: When in heaven, what language will be spoken __ one or many?

Heaven will be spaceless and timeless. Where will the sound waves go?

Mind reading? Instant communication simitanously beyond the universes?

Gibberishers are so old fashion like cubans still driving 57 Chevys.

Pick up a book when you have a chance.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Impossible! First of all, Paul could not have been forgiven under the kingdom program (Matthew 12:31-32 KJV, 1 Timothy 1:13 KJV).

What is the "kingdom" program and why did Paul preach it to the end?

And Paul dwelt two whole years in his own hired house and received all that came in unto him, preaching the kingdom of God and teaching those things which concern the Lord Jesus Christ with all confidence, no man forbidding him. (Acts 28:30-31)

DAN P

Gal 3:28 , says that in the Body of Christ , there are NEITHER Male or Female , let me catch my breath , LOLLLLL !!:bang::bang:

DAN P

heir

TOL Subscriber
What is the "kingdom" program and why did Paul preach it to the end?

And Paul dwelt two whole years in his own hired house and received all that came in unto him, preaching the kingdom of God and teaching those things which concern the Lord Jesus Christ with all confidence, no man forbidding him. (Acts 28:30-31)
The kingdom program (for lack of a better term) is the gospel of the kingdom and the doctrine they had to obey ("keep My commandments") including endure to the end.. Paul could not have been forgiven under it (Matthew 12:31-32 KJV). That's how we know God would reveal something different through Paul (1 Timothy 1:13-16 KJV).

The kingdom of heaven preached in M, M, L and J is in the kingdom of God. The kingdom of God is not in the kingdom of heaven.

We, in the Body, are translated into the kingdom of His dear Son (Colossians 1:12-13 KJV). Our inheritance: heavenly places (Ephesians 2:6 KJV), not the kingdom of heaven which will come down from God out of heaven (Revelation 21:2 KJV).

Paul preaching the kingdom of God would be that part of the kingdom of God that pertained to the church, which is His (Christ's) Body. We know this, because Paul filled up that which was behind of the afflictions of Christ in his flesh for His (Christ's) body's sake, which is the church, was given a dispensation of God to fulfil the word of God, even the mystery (Colossians 1:24-27 KJV).

oatmeal

th

In I Corinthians 14:22 Paul says that tongues were "for a sign." They were so spectacular that they would arouse attention. Only human language could be effective as a sign. Ecstatic speech was well known from as far back as the eleventh century, BC, especially as a part of the Greek mystery religions; it would have served only to associate the Christians of Corinth with their pagan background. What made the Christian gift of tongues different and significant was the fact that those so gifted were able to speak in previously unlearned languages; mere gibberish, ecstatic speech, would have meant nothing and so could not have served as a sign.

Only human language could be effective as a sign.

Really? chapter and verse, please?

I Corinthians 13:1

Speaking in the tongues of angels would be rather noteworthy, in my humble opinion