Peace.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spitfire

I was torn between the pie and pearls when I first arrived here.

I went with the pearls. And was throwing them before swine pretty much right away. :p

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
In South Africa a similarly spelt word has a similar meaning.

Kinda like calling a black man in the States a word beginning with 'n'.

Are you sure you want to keep this as a user name?

kafir

Many words are similar to words in other languages. It is not my intention to be disrespectful to anyone's race. :e4e:

kafir

Changing the subject somewhat, and please don't take this the wrong way. I'm not trying to start an argument, I'm just curious:

Why is this place called "Theology Online"? It is run by Christians, and I keep hearing about this "truthsmacking" as if the purpose of the forum was to convert someone to Christianity. So why not "Christianity Online"?

It's like going to a forum called "Biology Online" and it turns out to be run by entomologists whose main focus is to get everyone interested in insects.

Stripe

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Many words are similar to words in other languages. It is not my intention to be disrespectful to anyone's race. :e4e:
:squint: Did you look at the link you provided and read any of the definitions?

kafir

:squint: Did you look at the link you provided and read any of the definitions?

Yes, I read most of the ones on the first page. They're all about unbelievers in Islam - which is the point of my username. Does your Google show something different?

The Berean

What kind of pie are you offering, kafir? I am partial to cherry pie. Oh, and welcome to TOL by the way. :e4e:

kafir

Thanks Berean!

It's hard to tell from the generic b/w avatar, but in my mind I imagine it is cherry. My favorite too... with a lattice crust on top, piping hot, and a big scoop of real vanilla ice cream!

Stripe

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Yes, I read most of the ones on the first page. They're all about unbelievers in Islam - which is the point of my username. Does your Google show something different?
Uh .. yeah. It's a degrading term, you know?

Forget about it .. clearly it isn't an issue outside of a few rugby playing nations...

Just realise that you will not be very popular in certain parts of the world. In fact you might well get yourself into some trouble with ignorant use of this term.

Status
Not open for further replies.