pedophilia not a crime. is this a true article??

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I think it probably has to do with the fact that we cannot convict people for their thoughts.

That doesn't, however, mean that we cannot voice *our* concerns, outrage, etc.

Sitamun

I think finding out possibly how or why this attraction occurs and if there is something we can do BEFORE people act on this is very important.

Sherman

I identify as a Christian
Staff member
Administrator
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Looks like a real article. I still think we should shoot them if they molest kids.

Sitamun

they're runnnig the same playbook that worked for homos

No one is saying child molester's are "innocent" what it says is that there is something that causes them to be attracted to prepubescent children. That isn't their fault, however if they act on those urges, THAT is a crime and should always be treated as such.

PureX

Three minutes in a dictionary would have cleared this all up.

"Pedophilia" is a mental disorder, and as such is not a crime.

The actions that result from surrendering to the inclinations inherent in this disorder, however, are criminal acts, as they involve sexual interactions with children.

"Pedophilia", the disease, is a mental disorder.

"Pedophilia", the sexual act, is a crime.

Same word, but different meanings: it happens all the time in the English language.

Sitamun

yep

they'll get the libs and bleeding hearts first

just like the homos did back in the seventies

they've already got the psychologists

Nice way to take out the rest of what I said. So you are in no way interested in seeing if we can find a way to remove the attraction and urges that make pedophiles attracted to children? I mean why should we possibly do that? How can trying to understand it possibly condone the awful actions that it can lead to.

resodko

BANNED
Banned

"Pedophilia" is a mental disorder

homosexuality was a mental disorder before 1973 when the apa was coerced into reclassifying it as a "variant of normal"

there's push to do the same now with pedophilia

like i said, they're running the playbook that worked for homos forty years ago

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

"Pedophilia" is a mental disorder, and as such is not a crime.

The actions that result from surrendering to the inclinations inherent in this disorder, however, are criminal acts, as they involve sexual interactions with children.

"Pedophilia", the disease, is mental disorder.

"Pedophilia", as a sexual activity, is criminal behavior.

Well of course .... it's not a crime. Acting on it, however, IS a crime. Now, if you have recommendations that would make sure children are not put at risk, fine.

The thing I would ask is would anyone honestly feel comfortable leaving their own child/grandchild/etc. with a known pedophile?

As for me ... not happening. That is a chance I wouldn't be willing to take.

PureX

Well of course .... it's not a crime. Acting on it, however, IS a crime. Now, if you have recommendations that would make sure children are not put at risk, fine.

The thing I would ask is would anyone honestly feel comfortable leaving their own child/grandchild/etc. with a known pedophile?

As for me ... not happening. That is a chance I wouldn't be willing to take.
A drunk, a drug addict, a rage-monger, someone with dementia/alzheimer's, a religious zealot, a sociopath, … we wouldn't leave our kids with anyone with any of these mental disorders, would we?

Does that mean that we should start setting up lists, on line, detailing DUIs, other brushes with the law, mental health histories, and other disorders so that we can make sure these people never come near our children?

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
A drunk, a drug addict, a rage-monger, someone with dementia/alzheimer's, a religious zealot, a sociopath, … we wouldn't leave our kids with anyone with any of these mental disorders, would we?

I wouldn't leave children with anyone who practices an activity that would likely put them in danger. Some are more obvious than others.

Does that mean that we should start setting up lists, on line, detailing DUIs, other brushes with the law, mental health histories, and other disorders so that we can make sure these people never come near our children?

Do you really wish make a mockery of the victims of SEXUAL ABUSE by comparing predators to those on your list?

PureX

Do you really wish make a mockery of the victims of SEXUAL ABUSE by comparing predators to those on your list?
No, I wish to inject a little realism into the conversation. Things are rarely so clear, or so easy to recognize and 'fix' as we imagine them to be when we're bloviating on the internet.

Also, keep in mind that people aren't 100% pedophiliac, or 100% not pedophiliac. What percentage makes 'the list'?

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
No, I wish to inject a little realism into the conversation. Things are rarely so clear, or so easy to recognize and 'fix' as we imagine them to be when we're bloviating on the internet.

Also, keep in mind that people aren't 100% pedophiliac, or 100% not pedophiliac. What percentage makes 'the list'?

The moment they *mention* they are attracted to a child, they are arisk. The realism in this discussion has to do with the realty that children's lives are destroyed or damaged by those you wish to "fix".

Sitamun

The moment they *mention* they are attracted to a child, they are arisk. The realism in this discussion has to do with the realty that children's lives are destroyed or damaged by those you wish to "fix".

No one is saying they AREN'T a risk. Just that all aren't automatically exactly the SAME risk, also there is no easy way determine who is the higher risk. We aren't saying ignore the risk. We are saying STUDY this disorder so that maybe, someday we will understand and there will be a way that they will no longer be a risk to any child anywhere.