Poll question: True or false?

Poll question: True or false?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

musterion

"To him that works not, but believes on Him that justifies the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness" (Romans 4:5)
"Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to His mercy He saved us, by the washing of regeneration and renewing of the Holy Ghost" (Titus 3:5)
Feel free to vote without commenting. You may comment, but not without voting first. If you comment without voting, I will ask a mod to remove your post.

Last edited:

Caino

BANNED
Banned
I have children, I love them without any works or condition. My children don't have to keep earning being my children, they just are. If one went astray, rebelled against my reasonable rules and went off the reservation and left home, I would grieve but still love them. I would hope so much that they came back. If they had a change of heart later and decided to come back home, I would be overjoyed, want to start with a clean slate, no judgment.......but, my rules and leadership would still abide.

Salvation is by simple faith.....and the responsibility that comes with it.

Last edited:

musterion

I have children, I love them without any works or condition. My children don't have to keep earning being my children, they just are. If one went astray, rebelled against my reasonable rules and went off the reservation and left home, I would grieve but still love them. If they had a change of heart later and decided to come back home I would be overjoyed, want to start with a clean slate, no judgment.......but, my rules and leadership would still abide.

Salvation is by simple faith.....and the responsibility that comes with it.

Your caveat refutes everything that came before it and makes your vote a lie.

6days

Its easy to love those who return our love. But Christ loved me...going to Calvary for me when I did not love Him.
Amazing love...How can it be...
That thou my God would die for me?
My 'works' have nothing to do with me becoming righteous.

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
did adam stop loving God when he disobeyed Him?

if we defy God's commandments, shouldn't we expect the same treatment adam received?

musterion

did adam stop loving God when he disobeyed Him?

It doesn't look like it.

if we defy God's commandments, shouldn't we expect the same treatment adam received?

I don't have a garden to walk around in nude, so I don't have one I can be kicked out of, so I'm not sure where you're going with this.

musterion

Wow. We have our first positive False. Very bold and honest of you Turbo, it's exactly what some of us pegged you for back when you first arrived.

Caino

BANNED
Banned
Your caveat refutes everything that came before it and makes your vote a lie.

No, you are just an angry person who doesn't understand love. Or maybe you confuse love as being conditional with doing your choirs around the farm.

God's desire for his children to grow up is not a condition for his love.

The Poll questions seemed narrow to me. We are indeed made right with God by repentance. But the cost of staying right with God is the dedication to doing his will.

ok doser

It doesn't look like it.

I don't have a garden to walk around in nude, so I don't have one I can be kicked out of, so I'm not sure where you're going with this.

don't have time to fully develop this, but adam and eve didn't just get kicked out of the garden, they were removed from God's presence

musterion

don't have time to fully develop this, but adam and eve didn't just get kicked out of the garden, they were removed from God's presence

Okay, I think I see where you were heading. So when you wrote,

you meant that believers can be removed from God's presence? If so, then you could not be more wrong. If you do believe that, you have either believed a false gospel or have grossly misunderstood the true Gospel.

ok doser

i don't believe it (and i'm really pressed for time) but it seems a natural consequence given the a&e experience

sorry to be so brief, i'll try to come back to this

may be a few days

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
i don't believe it (and i'm really pressed for time) but it seems a natural consequence given the a&e experience

sorry to be so brief, i'll try to come back to this

may be a few days

you sound stressed out, calm down. get another new battery and have a spare. quit your jobs and responsibilities and post all day & night like i do

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Jesus said, "Behold, I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears My voice and opens the door, I will come in to him and dine with him and he with Me." (Revelation 3:20 NKJV)

We must respond to God's call, we must open the door.

Caino

BANNED
Banned
Too bad. All I did was quote Paul on the matter but you added the work of obedience for salvation on top of what he wrote. That's your problem, not mine.

For one who is lost returning to the kingdom is free, the cost of remaining is dedication to the Fathers will. For one to reject the Fathers will and return to being a bondservant to sin, he ain't likely to remain in the fathers house. :guitar:

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
Romans 4:5 But to him who does not work but believes on Him who justifies the ungodly, his faith is accounted for righteousness,