Poll: Testing for immunity to MMR before vaccination

Poll: Testing for immunity to MMR before vaccination

• Total voters

elohiym

Should adults get tested for immunity to MMR before they get vaccinated?

For example, if you are required to prove immunity to measles, mumps and rubella for your job, should you take a test to check your immunity before vaccinating or just get the MMR?

I had to have another MMR (measles, mumps, rubella) when blood work showed my immunity to rubella was gone.

The test is expensive. Why test? Why not just get the vaccine?

elohiym

I didn't know I was being tested, it was done with other blood work while I was in the hospital.

Interesting; the part about not knowing you were tested. Isn't it a good thing you were tested? Is that something you would recommend now for all adults so they don't put vulnerable people at risk? You voted no, so it seems you think people shouldn't get tested like you were.

Regarding your immunity, you may be what some researchers have called a "low responder." Here is a presentation by an immunologist where she argues that "low responders" may not benefit from boosters. It's worth watching when you have a chance, especially since your immunity wore off.

Thanks for responding, Anna. Here's the video:

Natural Immunity and Vaccination

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
I actually had the measles and mumps when i was little, i was required to get an MMR vaccine anyway when i attended college in order to attend since i couldn't prove that i had them already.

Didnt hurt me one bit (the reshot). Thankfully my children will never get those things - they were vaccinated.

I would have rather had shot though than to have gotten the mumps especially, that was miserable, and i got them 2 times, because i only got them on one side each time.

elohiym

...i was required to get an MMR vaccine anyway when i attended college in order to attend since i couldn't prove that i had them already.

There is an MMR titer test available, like the one given to Anna without her consent. That's what this thread is about. Good idea, bad idea? Vote.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
Money over safety. Got it.

From all ive read the shots only cause issue in people who would have most likely died if they got the actual diseases.

Weak children, the elderly, people with immune disorders.

Doctors should be testing those people first.

elohiym

From all ive read the shots only cause issue in people who would have most likely died if they got the actual diseases.

Weak children, the elderly, people with immune disorders.

I'd like to make sure we're not talking past each other. Anna didn't know her immunity wore off. She was a walking time-bomb according to vaccinators. Thank God she got tested without her knowledge or consent, right? Because she was tested, she was able to get the same protection you want for your children, right?

Here's a fair question: should testing be mandatory for adults? The many Anna's out there (people whose immunity has diminished) that are endangering the vulnerable could be discovered and could be "helped." I can't imagine why you would oppose the idea.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
I'd like to make sure we're not talking past each other. Anna didn't know her immunity wore off. She was a walking time-bomb according to vaccinators. Thank God she got tested without her knowledge or consent, right? Because she was tested, she was able to get the same protection you want for your children, right?

Here's a fair question: should testing be mandatory for adults? The many Anna's out there (people whose immunity has diminished) that are endangering the vulnerable could be discovered and could be "helped." I can't imagine why you would oppose the idea.

Mandatory, no. I couldnt tell you why her doctors decided she needed to be tested to check something she hadn't raised concern about.

Perhaps they thought she had the disease or a side effect of it? That would be the only reason i can think that they would order a test for it.

You know sometimes they test for things we wouldnt normally think of, based on symptoms we have, no way to know without talking to them and asking what they based it on.

Then in er situations or others, some doctors just milk a bill if you have insurance. People should be asking questions and stay informed on their own care, lot of people dont.

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
There is an MMR titer test available, like the one given to Anna without her consent. That's what this thread is about. Good idea, bad idea? Vote.

Anna probably thought the same thing until they told her she didn't have immunity to rubella.

Anna didn't know her immunity wore off. She was a walking time-bomb according to vaccinators. Thank God she got tested without her knowledge or consent, right?

I'd appreciate it if you'd refrain from further conjecture about me.

I was fully capable of signing general consent forms when I entered the hospital, and I'm glad I was tested so I could receive a booster before I went home. I was told about my lack of immunity while I was still in the hospital and I gave them my permission to administer a booster. In general, I'd recommend that adults keep track of their immunizations so they can make sure their medical records are up to date.

I'm not going to get into a long argument about vaccines. The only reason I commented at all was because I saw my name in the OP and wanted to clarify that I didn't specifically seek out a test, and I didn't expect you to shift the focus to conjecture about my supposed lack of consent.

I would definitely have gotten a booster without testing if it had been recommended to me during routine care. Vaccines have saved countless lives, and I'll continue to receive boosters as needed to protect both myself and others.

elohiym

Mandatory, no. I couldnt tell you why her doctors decided she needed to be tested to check something she hadn't raised concern about.

Perhaps they thought she had the disease or a side effect of it? That would be the only reason i can think that they would order a test for it.

You know sometimes they test for things we wouldnt normally think of, based on symptoms we have, no way to know without talking to them and asking what they based it on.

Then in er situations or others, some doctors just milk a bill if you have insurance. People should be asking questions and stay informed on their own care, lot of people dont.

I agree. Still, it seems prudent for adults to get tested if they believe in the vaccination ideology. Apparently their vaccinations can wear off. I can understand that some people might not think the risk of getting another vaccination is worth the cost of testing, but what sort of schedule are those people following? They are a danger to society based on vaccine ideology. If they are not getting tested, or alternatively vaccinated on some schedule, they are as much an alleged risk as non-vaccinated children (not claiming you consider non-vaccinated children a risk to others, but some do).

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
Non vaccinated children who contract a disease are a risk to others who are not vaccinated, to those who cant be vaccinated because of underlying health issues, or inability to be vaccinated (very young children not old enough to be vaccinated)

As well as anyone with a disease is a threat to those without immunity, thats a fact.

Its even more of an issue today because of world wide travel and less people vaccinating.

elohiym

I'd appreciate it if you'd refrain from further conjecture about me.

Okay.

...I'm glad I was tested so I could receive a booster before I went home.

Then why did you vote no? I'm glad you were tested, too, and that's why I voted yes.

....I didn't expect you to shift the focus to conjecture about my supposed lack of consent.

I haven't shifted the focus; but I do find it interesting you were tested without your knowledge or specific consent. Unlike you, I wouldn't be okay with that.

I would definitely have gotten a booster without testing if it had been recommended to me during routine care.

Why didn't your routine care include a means of detecting your vulnerability and the risk you presented to the most vulnerable in our population? That's not care but negligence.

Vaccines have saved countless lives, and I'll continue to receive boosters as needed to protect both myself and others.

Why do you oppose mandatory testing of adults so they remain vulnerable as you once were? Odd.

elohiym

Non vaccinated children who contract a disease are a risk to others who are not vaccinated...

What about vaccinated adults like Anna whose immunity has worn off? If it wasn't for a test given without her knowledge or consent, would she have know her immunity wore off? Her doctor was not routinely checking her vulnerability. No conjecture. Are you okay with that?

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
What about vaccinated adults like Anna whose immunity has worn off? If it wasn't for a test given without her knowledge or consent, would she have know her immunity wore off? Her doctor was not routinely checking her vulnerability. No conjecture. Are you okay with that?

Ive already responded that i cannot say for what reason they chose to do that - and can only guess that its because she possibly displayed symptoms that some test she needed provided that answer.

You dont know what her doctor was doing and neither do i. Yes, you are conjecturing.

1PeaceMaker

Yes, it is clearly a fact (not conjecture) that she was not routinely tested.

And yes, why not checkups for vax-believers to include routine tests like this?