Pope now says it's okay to be gay.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
From today's LA Times....

Pope Francis has reportedly told a gay man that "God made you that way and loves you as you are," apparently pushing the pontiff's acceptance of homosexuality to a new level.

Francis made the comments to Juan Carlos Cruz, a Chilean victim of priestly sexual abuse who recently spent days with the pope at the Vatican to discuss his ordeal as the pontiff moves to tackle decades of coverups and ostracism of victims in the Chilean church, according to the Spanish newspaper El Pais.

Cruz was quoted as having discussed his homosexuality with Francis. "He told me: 'Juan Carlos, I don't care about you being gay. God made you that way and loves you as you are and I don't mind. The pope loves you as you are, you have to be happy with who you are.' "

A spokesman at the Vatican on Sunday declined to confirm or deny Francis' comments, stating, "We don't normally comment on the pope's private conversations."

In 2013, Francis famously said, "If someone is gay and seeks the Lord with goodwill, who am I to judge?" when asked for his views on homosexuality, signaling a sea change in Catholic views on sexual orientation.

That year he also told an interviewer, "A person once asked me, in a provocative manner, if I approved of homosexuality," adding, "I replied with another question: 'Tell me: When God looks at a gay person, does he endorse the existence of this person with love, or reject and condemn this person?' "

READ FULL ARTICLE

Is this another case of the Pope being misrepresented by the media? Hey Catholics... is the Pope infallible or not?

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned

Pope Francis has reportedly told a gay man that "God made you that way and loves you as you are," apparently pushing the pontiff's acceptance of homosexuality to a new level.

Francis made the comments to Juan Carlos Cruz, a Chilean victim of priestly sexual abuse who recently spent days with the pope at the Vatican to discuss his ordeal as the pontiff moves to tackle decades of coverups and ostracism of victims in the Chilean church, according to the Spanish newspaper El Pais.

Cruz was quoted as having discussed his homosexuality with Francis. "He told me: 'Juan Carlos, I don't care about you being gay. God made you that way and loves you as you are and I don't mind. The pope loves you as you are, you have to be happy with who you are.' "

A spokesman at the Vatican on Sunday declined to confirm or deny Francis' comments, stating, "We don't normally comment on the pope's private conversations."

In 2013, Francis famously said, "If someone is gay and seeks the Lord with goodwill, who am I to judge?" when asked for his views on homosexuality, signaling a sea change in Catholic views on sexual orientation.

That year he also told an interviewer, "A person once asked me, in a provocative manner, if I approved of homosexuality," adding, "I replied with another question: 'Tell me: When God looks at a gay person, does he endorse the existence of this person with love, or reject and condemn this person?' "

READ FULL ARTICLE

Is this another case of the Pope being misrepresented by the media? Hey Catholics... is the Pope infallible or not?

I said
I heard one time that the antichrist was going to be the last Pope. I don't have any proof of it. But I am just wondering if anyone else has more information on it.

CabinetMaker

Member of the 10 year club on TOL!!
Hall of Fame
I have not read the Pope's entire statement. But, I don't think being gay is inherently sinful. As with any sexual sin, it is not the inclination that is bad, it is what you do with it that counts. For instance, as a straight man, I find woman to be very attractive. But, fornication and adultery are as forbidden to me as gay sex is to homosexuals. Its a choice between loving God more than loving sex.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Its A sin.
HOMOSEXUAL

1 Cor 5:9-13
9 I wrote to you in my epistle not to keep company with sexually immoral people.
10 Yet I certainly did not mean with the sexually immoral people of this world, or with the covetous, or extortioners, or idolaters, since then you would need to go out of the world.
11 But now I have written to you not to keep company with anyone named a brother, who is sexually immoral, or covetous, or an idolater, or a reviler, or a drunkard, or an extortioner-- not even to eat with such a person.
12 For what have I to do with judging those also who are outside? Do you not judge those who are inside?
13 But those who are outside God judges. Therefore "put away from yourselves the evil person."
James 1:13-16
13 Let no one say when he is tempted, "I am tempted by God"; for God cannot be tempted by evil, nor does He Himself tempt anyone.
14 But each one is tempted when he is drawn away by his own desires and enticed.
15 Then, when desire has conceived, it gives birth to sin; and sin, when it is full-grown, brings forth death.
16 Do not be deceived, my beloved brethren.
Gal 5:17
17 For the flesh lusts against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh; and these are contrary to one another, so that you do not do the things that you wish.
Gal 5:19
19 Now the works of the flesh are evident, which are: adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lewdness,
Gal 5:24
24 And those who are Christ's have crucified the flesh with its passions and desires.
1 Pet 2:19
19 For this is commendable, if because of conscience toward God one endures grief, suffering wrongfully.
1 Pet 2:21-22
21 For to this you were called, because Christ also suffered for us, leaving us an example, that you should follow His steps:
22 "Who committed no sin, nor was deceit found in His mouth";
James 4:5
5 Or do you think that the Scripture says in vain, "The Spirit who dwells in us yearns jealously"?
James 4:7-8
7 Therefore submit to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.
8 Draw near to God and He will draw near to you. Cleanse your hands, you sinners; and purify your hearts, you double-minded.
1 Cor 6:9-11
9 Do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived. Neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor homosexuals, nor sodomites,
10 nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners will inherit the kingdom of God.
11 And such were some of you. But you were washed, but you were sanctified, but you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus and by the Spirit of our God.
1 Tim 1:8-10
8 But we know that the law is good if one uses it lawfully,
9 knowing this: that the law is not made for a righteous person, but for the lawless and insubordinate, for the ungodly and for sinners, for the unholy and profane, for murderers of fathers and murderers of mothers, for manslayers,
10 for fornicators, for sodomites, for kidnappers, for liars, for perjurers, and if there is any other thing that is contrary to sound doctrine,
Luke 17:28-30
28 "Likewise as it was also in the days of Lot: They ate, they drank, they bought, they sold, they planted, they built;
29 "but on the day that Lot went out of Sodom it rained fire and brimstone from heaven and destroyed them all.
30 "Even so will it be in the day when the Son of Man is revealed.
Titus 1:10-11
10 For there are many insubordinate, both idle talkers and deceivers, especially those of the circumcision,
11 whose mouths must be stopped, who subvert whole households, teaching things which they ought not, for the sake of dishonest gain.
2 Pet 2:3
3 By covetousness they will exploit you with deceptive words; for a long time their judgment has not been idle, and their destruction does not slumber.
Rev 22:18-19
18 For I testify to everyone who hears the words of the prophecy of this book: If anyone adds to these things, God will add to him the plagues that are written in this book;
19 and if anyone takes away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part from the Book of Life, from the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book.
(NKJ)

xxxxThis is a revelation I received from the Holy Spirit. Like it or not this is what the bible says. You can look up every verse. Whether your a homosexual or not if you approve of it you could condemn yourself. Homosexuality is a sin.

Rom 14:22
22 Do you have faith? Have it to yourself before God. Happy is he who does not condemn himself in what he approves.
(NKJ)

James 2:26
26 For as the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without works is dead also.
(NKJ)

2 Pet 3:9-13
9 The Lord is not slack concerning His promise, as some count slackness, but is longsuffering toward us, not willing that any should perish but that all should come to repentance.
10 But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night, in which the heavens will pass away with a great noise, and the elements will melt with fervent heat; both the earth and the works that are in it will be burned up.
11 Therefore, since all these things will be dissolved, what manner of persons ought you to be in holy conduct and godliness,
12 looking for and hastening the coming of the day of God, because of which the heavens will be dissolved, being on fire, and the elements will melt with fervent heat?
13 Nevertheless we, according to His promise, look for new heavens and a new earth in which righteousness dwells.
(NKJ)

Rom 1:22-32
22 Professing to be wise, they became fools,
23 and changed the glory of the incorruptible God into an image made like corruptible man-- and birds and four-footed animals and creeping things.
24 Therefore God also gave them up to uncleanness, in the lusts of their hearts, to dishonor their bodies among themselves,
25 who exchanged the truth of God for the lie, and worshiped and served the creature rather than the Creator, who is blessed forever. Amen.
26 For this reason God gave them up to vile passions. For even their women exchanged the natural use for what is against nature.
27 Likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust for one another, men with men committing what is shameful, and receiving in themselves the penalty of their error which was due.
28 And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a debased mind, to do those things which are not fitting;
29 being filled with all unrighteousness, sexual immorality, wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder, strife, deceit, evil-mindedness; they are whisperers,
30 backbiters, haters of God, violent, proud, boasters, inventors of evil things, disobedient to parents,
31 undiscerning, untrustworthy, unloving, unforgiving, unmerciful;
32 who, knowing the righteous judgment of God, that those who practice such things are worthy of death, not only do the same but also approve of those who practice them.
(NKJ)

2 Pet 2:12-22
12 But these, like natural brute beasts made to be caught and destroyed, speak evil of the things they do not understand, and will utterly perish in their own corruption,
13 and will receive the wages of unrighteousness, as those who count it pleasure to carouse in the daytime. They are spots and blemishes, carousing in their own deceptions while they feast with you,
14 having eyes full of adultery and that cannot cease from sin, beguiling unstable souls. They have a heart trained in covetous practices, and are accursed children.
15 They have forsaken the right way and gone astray, following the way of Balaam the son of Beor, who loved the wages of unrighteousness;
16 but he was rebuked for his iniquity: a dumb donkey speaking with a man's voice restrained the madness of the prophet.
17 These are wells without water, clouds carried by a tempest, for whom is reserved the blackness of darkness forever.
18 For when they speak great swelling words of emptiness, they allure through the lusts of the flesh, through lewdness, the ones who have actually escaped from those who live in error.
19 While they promise them liberty, they themselves are slaves of corruption; for by whom a person is overcome, by him also he is brought into bondage.
20 For if, after they have escaped the pollutions of the world through the knowledge of the Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, they are again entangled in them and overcome, the latter end is worse for them than the beginning.
21 For it would have been better for them not to have known the way of righteousness, than having known it, to turn from the holy commandment delivered to them.
22 But it has happened to them according to the true proverb: "A dog returns to his own vomit," and, "a sow, having washed, to her wallowing in the mire."
(NKJ)

keypurr

I have not read the Pope's entire statement. But, I don't think being gay is inherently sinful. As with any sexual sin, it is not the inclination that is bad, it is what you do with it that counts. For instance, as a straight man, I find woman to be very attractive. But, fornication and adultery are as forbidden to me as gay sex is to homosexuals. Its a choice between loving God more than loving sex.

Your wiser than most.

keypurr

Its A sin.
HOMOSEXUAL

1 Cor 5:9-13
9 I wrote to you in my epistle not to keep company with sexually immoral people.
10 Yet I certainly did not mean with the sexually immoral people of this world, or with the covetous, or extortioners, or idolaters, since then you would need to go out of the world.
11 But now I have written to you not to keep company with anyone named a brother, who is sexually immoral, or covetous, or an idolater, or a reviler, or a drunkard, or an extortioner-- not even to eat with such a person.
12 For what have I to do with judging those also who are outside? Do you not judge those who are inside?
13 But those who are outside God judges. Therefore "put away from yourselves the evil person."
James 1:13-16
13 Let no one say when he is tempted, "I am tempted by God"; for God cannot be tempted by evil, nor does He Himself tempt anyone.
14 But each one is tempted when he is drawn away by his own desires and enticed.
15 Then, when desire has conceived, it gives birth to sin; and sin, when it is full-grown, brings forth death.
16 Do not be deceived, my beloved brethren.
Gal 5:17
17 For the flesh lusts against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh; and these are contrary to one another, so that you do not do the things that you wish.
Gal 5:19
19 Now the works of the flesh are evident, which are: adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lewdness,
Gal 5:24
24 And those who are Christ's have crucified the flesh with its passions and desires.
1 Pet 2:19
19 For this is commendable, if because of conscience toward God one endures grief, suffering wrongfully.
1 Pet 2:21-22
21 For to this you were called, because Christ also suffered for us, leaving us an example, that you should follow His steps:
22 "Who committed no sin, nor was deceit found in His mouth";
James 4:5
5 Or do you think that the Scripture says in vain, "The Spirit who dwells in us yearns jealously"?
James 4:7-8
7 Therefore submit to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.
8 Draw near to God and He will draw near to you. Cleanse your hands, you sinners; and purify your hearts, you double-minded.
1 Cor 6:9-11
9 Do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived. Neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor homosexuals, nor sodomites,
10 nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners will inherit the kingdom of God.
11 And such were some of you. But you were washed, but you were sanctified, but you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus and by the Spirit of our God.
1 Tim 1:8-10
8 But we know that the law is good if one uses it lawfully,
9 knowing this: that the law is not made for a righteous person, but for the lawless and insubordinate, for the ungodly and for sinners, for the unholy and profane, for murderers of fathers and murderers of mothers, for manslayers,
10 for fornicators, for sodomites, for kidnappers, for liars, for perjurers, and if there is any other thing that is contrary to sound doctrine,
Luke 17:28-30
28 "Likewise as it was also in the days of Lot: They ate, they drank, they bought, they sold, they planted, they built;
29 "but on the day that Lot went out of Sodom it rained fire and brimstone from heaven and destroyed them all.
30 "Even so will it be in the day when the Son of Man is revealed.
Titus 1:10-11
10 For there are many insubordinate, both idle talkers and deceivers, especially those of the circumcision,
11 whose mouths must be stopped, who subvert whole households, teaching things which they ought not, for the sake of dishonest gain.
2 Pet 2:3
3 By covetousness they will exploit you with deceptive words; for a long time their judgment has not been idle, and their destruction does not slumber.
Rev 22:18-19
18 For I testify to everyone who hears the words of the prophecy of this book: If anyone adds to these things, God will add to him the plagues that are written in this book;
19 and if anyone takes away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part from the Book of Life, from the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book.
(NKJ)

xxxxThis is a revelation I received from the Holy Spirit. Like it or not this is what the bible says. You can look up every verse. Whether your a homosexual or not if you approve of it you could condemn yourself. Homosexuality is a sin.

Rom 14:22
22 Do you have faith? Have it to yourself before God. Happy is he who does not condemn himself in what he approves.
(NKJ)

James 2:26
26 For as the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without works is dead also.
(NKJ)

2 Pet 3:9-13
9 The Lord is not slack concerning His promise, as some count slackness, but is longsuffering toward us, not willing that any should perish but that all should come to repentance.
10 But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night, in which the heavens will pass away with a great noise, and the elements will melt with fervent heat; both the earth and the works that are in it will be burned up.
11 Therefore, since all these things will be dissolved, what manner of persons ought you to be in holy conduct and godliness,
12 looking for and hastening the coming of the day of God, because of which the heavens will be dissolved, being on fire, and the elements will melt with fervent heat?
13 Nevertheless we, according to His promise, look for new heavens and a new earth in which righteousness dwells.
(NKJ)

Rom 1:22-32
22 Professing to be wise, they became fools,
23 and changed the glory of the incorruptible God into an image made like corruptible man-- and birds and four-footed animals and creeping things.
24 Therefore God also gave them up to uncleanness, in the lusts of their hearts, to dishonor their bodies among themselves,
25 who exchanged the truth of God for the lie, and worshiped and served the creature rather than the Creator, who is blessed forever. Amen.
26 For this reason God gave them up to vile passions. For even their women exchanged the natural use for what is against nature.
27 Likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust for one another, men with men committing what is shameful, and receiving in themselves the penalty of their error which was due.
28 And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a debased mind, to do those things which are not fitting;
29 being filled with all unrighteousness, sexual immorality, wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder, strife, deceit, evil-mindedness; they are whisperers,
30 backbiters, haters of God, violent, proud, boasters, inventors of evil things, disobedient to parents,
31 undiscerning, untrustworthy, unloving, unforgiving, unmerciful;
32 who, knowing the righteous judgment of God, that those who practice such things are worthy of death, not only do the same but also approve of those who practice them.
(NKJ)

2 Pet 2:12-22
12 But these, like natural brute beasts made to be caught and destroyed, speak evil of the things they do not understand, and will utterly perish in their own corruption,
13 and will receive the wages of unrighteousness, as those who count it pleasure to carouse in the daytime. They are spots and blemishes, carousing in their own deceptions while they feast with you,
14 having eyes full of adultery and that cannot cease from sin, beguiling unstable souls. They have a heart trained in covetous practices, and are accursed children.
15 They have forsaken the right way and gone astray, following the way of Balaam the son of Beor, who loved the wages of unrighteousness;
16 but he was rebuked for his iniquity: a dumb donkey speaking with a man's voice restrained the madness of the prophet.
17 These are wells without water, clouds carried by a tempest, for whom is reserved the blackness of darkness forever.
18 For when they speak great swelling words of emptiness, they allure through the lusts of the flesh, through lewdness, the ones who have actually escaped from those who live in error.
19 While they promise them liberty, they themselves are slaves of corruption; for by whom a person is overcome, by him also he is brought into bondage.
20 For if, after they have escaped the pollutions of the world through the knowledge of the Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, they are again entangled in them and overcome, the latter end is worse for them than the beginning.
21 For it would have been better for them not to have known the way of righteousness, than having known it, to turn from the holy commandment delivered to them.
22 But it has happened to them according to the true proverb: "A dog returns to his own vomit," and, "a sow, having washed, to her wallowing in the mire."
(NKJ)

Do you think everyone can win the battle against sin friend?

We humans are in a constant war with the evil one.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned

I said
No but the one thing everyone can do is repent when they sin. And try not to condemn themselves in what they approve of. If one cant over come their sin, they shouldn't turn around and start justifying it. That is just evil. We all have a sin we cant overcome its what keeps us humble. Its called a thorn in the flesh. They can always just give up sex. I'm 71 years old and I gave it up in 1989. By the grace of God.

[Rom 14:22
22 Do you have faith? Have [it] to yourself before God. Happy [is] he who does not condemn himself in what he approves.

Last edited:

6days

... Pope Francis has reportedly told a gay man that "God made you that way and loves you as you are," apparently pushing the pontiff's acceptance of homosexuality to a new level.
Well, if... IF the quote is accurate, it could still possibly be Biblically correct, but poorly worded. We could say to a Down Syndrome person that God made them, and loves them as they are. Of course, God does not love sin in the Down Syndrome persons life..... just as God does not love sin (lust etc) in the life of a homosexual person. It is not sin to have same sex attraction. It is sin to lust, or have sex outside of a marriage relationship between one man and one woman.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned

I said
All I can tell you for sure is what God has done with me. He delivered me from dope, cursing, alcohol, smoking, and sex. I gave up sex in 1989. I know from experience He can and will deliver anyone from these.
I was 27 years old before I ever opened a bible. The first year He delivered me from dope, the second year He delivered me from cursing, the third year He delivered me from alcohol. The fifth year He delivered me from smoking. The seventh year He delivered me from womanizing. And the fourteenth year He delivered me from sex. And I will be 71 next month.

keypurr

I said
All I can tell you for sure is what God has done with me. He delivered me from dope, cursing, alcohol, smoking, and sex. I gave up sex in 1989. I know from experience He can and will deliver anyone from these.
I was 27 years old before I ever opened a bible. The first year He delivered me from dope, the second year He delivered me from cursing, the third year He delivered me from alcohol. The fifth year He delivered me from smoking. The seventh year He delivered me from womanizing. And the fourteenth year He delivered me from sex. And I will be 71 next month.

With the love in our hearts for YHWH and his son we can keep the intent of his commandments.

marhig

Sorry I don't agree, gay sex is an abomination before the living God, God created a man to be with a woman, and it's not just about committing the act, once we belong to God, we shouldn't be lusting after others in the heart either, dwelling on wrong thoughts and lusting after sexual desires within, whether it be gay or straight. Our thoughts should be godly. Not looking at different men and women in a lustful way and thinking it's ok as long we don't commit the act, especially for married men and women.

Matthew 5

Ye have heard that it was said by them of old time, Thou shalt not commit adultery: But I say unto you, That whosoever looketh on a woman to lust after her hath committed adultery with her already in his heart

And God didn't make anybody gay, the Pope is wrong, God made a man to be with a woman. He made it for a man to leave his mother and father and cleave to his wife and become one flesh, not to cleave to another another man nor for a woman to be with another woman.

I love my husband, and I don't look at other men like that now that I know God, whether they're attractive ot not means nothing to me. I would rather that they know God.

marhig

I said
He's delivered me from many things too squeaky, and he has helped me to overcome them through Christ. I had a real wild side before I knew God but that side of me is gone and his has changed my heart.

I'm not perfect by any means, but God is certainly helping me day by day to fight the flesh. I couldn't do it without him, and we have Jesus as our example to follow :)

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
He's delivered me from many things too squeaky, and he has helped me to overcome them through Christ. I had a real wild side before I knew God but that side of me is gone and his has changed my heart.

I'm not perfect by any means, but God is certainly helping me day by day to fight the flesh. I couldn't do it without him, and we have Jesus as our example to follow :)

I said
That is true, and we must crucify the flesh with its emotions and feelings. To be born again. Those who ARE Christs(have made it to Christ) Have crucified their emotions and feelings.

[Gal 5:24
24 And those [who are] Christ's have crucified the flesh with its passions and desires.

Right Divider

Body part
You're confusing some things here. Finding a woman attractive is not a sin, but lusting after her... even in your mind... is a sin. Jesus explained that sort of thing here:

Matt 5:27-32 (AKJV/PCE)
(5:27) ¶ Ye have heard that it was said by them of old time, Thou shalt not commit adultery: (5:28) But I say unto you, That whosoever looketh on a woman to lust after her hath committed adultery with her already in his heart. (5:29) And if thy right eye offend thee, pluck it out, and cast [it] from thee: for it is profitable for thee that one of thy members should perish, and not [that] thy whole body should be cast into hell. (5:30) And if thy right hand offend thee, cut it off, and cast [it] from thee: for it is profitable for thee that one of thy members should perish, and not [that] thy whole body should be cast into hell. (5:31) It hath been said, Whosoever shall put away his wife, let him give her a writing of divorcement: (5:32) But I say unto you, That whosoever shall put away his wife, saving for the cause of fornication, causeth her to commit adultery: and whosoever shall marry her that is divorced committeth adultery.

clefty

READ FULL ARTICLE

Even “real” catholics dont think this pope is catholic...but that the seat is empty...

CabinetMaker

Hall of Fame
You're confusing some things here. Finding a woman attractive is not a sin, but lusting after her... even in your mind... is a sin. Jesus explained that sort of thing here:

Matt 5:27-32 (AKJV/PCE)
(5:27) ¶ Ye have heard that it was said by them of old time, Thou shalt not commit adultery: (5:28) But I say unto you, That whosoever looketh on a woman to lust after her hath committed adultery with her already in his heart. (5:29) And if thy right eye offend thee, pluck it out, and cast [it] from thee: for it is profitable for thee that one of thy members should perish, and not [that] thy whole body should be cast into hell. (5:30) And if thy right hand offend thee, cut it off, and cast [it] from thee: for it is profitable for thee that one of thy members should perish, and not [that] thy whole body should be cast into hell. (5:31) It hath been said, Whosoever shall put away his wife, let him give her a writing of divorcement: (5:32) But I say unto you, That whosoever shall put away his wife, saving for the cause of fornication, causeth her to commit adultery: and whosoever shall marry her that is divorced committeth adultery.

I have never viewed this verse as Jesus defining lust as a sin but rather a profound teaching as to why we need a savior. Jesus was explaining that in God's eye's, lust is the sin where as men had always believed that it was the actual act that was a sin. God's standard is higher. We always fall far short of that standard but Jesus has us covered. I believe that as humans it is not uncommon for us to feel a pang of lust when we see somebody particularly attractive. I think that what we do with those feelings is more important. Do you feed those feelings of lust or do you recognize them and deal with them by focusing on Godly things instead.

Right Divider

Body part
I have never viewed this verse as Jesus defining lust as a sin but rather a profound teaching as to why we need a savior.
That's just ridiculous.... read the text.

Matt 5:28 (AKJV/PCE)
(5:28) But I say unto you, That whosoever looketh on a woman to lust after her hath committed adultery with her already in his heart.

Jesus was explaining that in God's eye's, lust is the sin where as men had always believed that it was the actual act that was a sin.
Yes, but that contradicts what you said above.

God's standard is higher. We always fall far short of that standard but Jesus has us covered.
Indeed, but this does not change the fact that lusting in your heart is a sin.

I believe that as humans it is not uncommon for us to feel a pang of lust when we see somebody particularly attractive.
Man's sinfulness does not change the previous facts.

I think that what we do with those feelings is more important. Do you feed those feelings of lust or do you recognize them and deal with them by focusing on Godly things instead.
Again, that is after the fact.

CabinetMaker

Hall of Fame
That's just ridiculous.... read the text.

Matt 5:28 (AKJV/PCE)
(5:28) But I say unto you, That whosoever looketh on a woman to lust after her hath committed adultery with her already in his heart.

Yes, but that contradicts what you said above.

Indeed, but this does not change the fact that lusting in your heart is a sin.

Man's sinfulness does not change the previous facts.

Again, that is after the fact.
I'm sorry you don't believe that Christ's death was actually able to forgive sin. Really.
I do believe that His death on the cross paid the price for All sin for all people for all time. Never to be remembered. As far as the east is from the west. Even Paul said that NOTHING is forbidden to me now. But he also said that not all things are beneficial. Lusting after women is not beneficial to me so I don't do it.

Right Divider

Body part
I'm sorry you don't believe that Christ's death was actually able to forgive sin.
Knock it off with the FALSE accusations!

Really.I do believe that His death on the cross paid the price for All sin for all people for all time. Never to be remembered. As far as the east is from the west. Even Paul said that NOTHING is forbidden to me now.
So you're one of those that actually thinks that grace IS a license to sin?

But he also said that not all things are beneficial. Lusting after women is not beneficial to me so I don't do it.
It's all about you.