Preaching the Gospel !

Status
Not open for further replies.

zzub

BANNED
Banned
I know most of what they teach, but I prefer to spend my time reading God's word.
Good. Me too.

Thus, when I see someone more concerned with what others teach, while teaching an error themselves, I feel the need to respond. ESPECIALLY, when it's something as critical as whether believers have assurance of salvation or not.
Not seeing humility hear but let that pass. Not what others teach but MISS-REPRESENTING WHAT THE BIBLE ACTUALLY SAYS. That is why I am compelled to respond.

You, great axe grinder, preach error, and you cherry pick verses to do so. Clean your own house first.
Load of tosh. I do not preach. I do not cherry pick - which is why I emphasised "WHOLE BIBLE". You keep forgetting that. Bad

glorydaz

BTW - I quoted Scripture in abundance for each point.

You tell pork pies. I have not once used the word 'proof. And no, not a few verses, but a heck of a lot. As anyone reading this thread can see. Naughty you.

Ah, since you did not use the exact word "proof", you think you can slide by ....using the letter of the law.

You IMPLIED they were proof of "conditional salvation", but if you want to play games, that's on you. :yawn:

zzub

BANNED
Banned
Ah, since you did not use the exact word "proof", you think you can slide by ....using the letter of the law.
Geez man, oops - lady. You now claim to know what I think!. AMAZING

You IMPLIED they were proof of "conditional salvation", but if you want to play games, that's on you. :yawn:
I implied nothing. I made no mention of conditional salvation (as any viewer of this thread can verify)
And no, wrong again, I have no intention of playing games. You are not having a good night. maybe you need a nap!

glorydaz

Good. Me too.

Not seeing humility hear but let that pass. Not what others teach but MISS-REPRESENTING WHAT THE BIBLE ACTUALLY SAYS. That is why I am compelled to respond.

Load of tosh. I do not preach. I do not cherry pick - which is why I emphasised "WHOLE BIBLE". You keep forgetting that. Bad

Denying you do something isn't going to fly.

You did not quote the "whole Bible", you picked out verses you thought claimed we could lose our salvation. That's no different than what the Calvinists do to claim Total Depravity. I call them out, too, don't feel so picked on.

glorydaz

No. Is this Okay?

So, who are you going to trust ? Christ, or calvinism ?

PS: It should be a no-brainer.

It's a dumb question. Everyone will say "Christ"....even the Calvinists.

Try and respond to the fact that you seem to be saying believers can lose their salvation.

That is what you should be concerned about. It's nothing but a lack of faith.

zzub

BANNED
Banned
Denying you do something isn't going to fly.

You did not quote the "whole Bible", you picked out verses you thought claimed we could lose our salvation. That's no different than what the Calvinists do to claim Total Depravity. I call them out, too, don't feel so picked on.

Okay. I am real confused. Are you a calvy or not? By the way, I do not feel picked on. RatherI love the opportunity to put forth what the Bible actually says. You are right in that I did not quote 30.000 odd verses. Thought that might bog things down a bit.

zzub

BANNED
Banned
It's a dumb question. Everyone will say "Christ"....even the Calvinists.

Try and respond to the fact that you seem to be saying believers can lose their salvation.

That is what you should be concerned about. It's nothing but a lack of faith.

Going back to OSAS. I quoted a book by David Pawson who denies it. I said I do not know if his view is correct our not. I said I do not think it is a strait 'standard Arminian' or 'standard Calvinist' position. Please go back and see what I actually said.

As for "Everyone will say "Christ"....even the Calvinists."

NO - that is THE BIG ISSUE. Calvinist do not say this. I quoted Spurgeon on what the standard calvy position is i.e "The Holy Ghost cannot say what he means". Please google and read Spurgeon's Sermon 1516 and read it. It is EXCELLENT - and not just because it shoots calvinist dogma in both feet.

glorydaz

Okay. I am real confused. Are you a calvy or not?

No, I'm not, but at least they have assurance of salvation.
Which is more than I can say for you.

By the way, I do not feel picked on.

Then why do you yell, and lie about what I say?
That's usually a sign of someone getting their "feelings" hurt....feeling picked on.

RatherI love the opportunity to put forth what the Bible actually says.

Then stop claiming the saved can ever lose their salvation. The Bible does not say that.

You are right in that I did not quote 30.000 odd verses. Thought that might bog things down a bit.

The few you did quote, do not say what you claim, so I am confident there aren't 30,000 that do say what you claim.

zzub

BANNED
Banned
Since I admitted nothing of the kind, I'm forced to call you a Deceiver.

How quickly such things come out for all to see. :sigh:

Nonsense. You said I use the words 'proof text' then later posted that I did "not use the actual words proof text"! Bizarre.

glorydaz

Going back to OSAS. I quoted a book by David Pawson who denies it. I said I do not know if his view is correct our not. I said I do not think it is a strait 'standard Arminian' or 'standard Calvinist' position. Please go back and see what I actually said.

As for "Everyone will say "Christ"....even the Calvinists."

NO - that is THE BIG ISSUE. Calvinist do not say this. I quoted Spurgeon on what the standard calvy position is i.e "The Holy Ghost cannot say what he means". Please google and read Spurgeon's Sermon 1516 and read it. It is EXCELLENT - and not just because it shoots calvinist dogma in both feet.

What another man says about OSAS. Seriously? :nono:

You'd do well to stop reading about the doctrine of others, and seek the truth for yourself.

I've heard that Calvinists say a lot of things, and then I read what some of them say on here, and I see they aren't saying what was claimed at all.

Read the Bible itself. Now that is an EXCELLENT book, and the only one worth reading.

zzub

BANNED
Banned
I am in red

No, I'm not, but at least they have assurance of salvation.
Which is more than I can say for you. I said "I do not know - I think it is not a stat stand view"

Then why do you yell, and lie about what I say? I don't yell! I only posted in Bold "Christ or Calvin!
That's usually a sign of someone getting their "feelings" hurt....feeling picked on.
No. bring it on. I love putting Christ first, and above all man made dogmas.

Then stop claiming the saved can ever lose their salvation. The Bible does not say that.

Go back a bit, this is a repeat.

The few you did quote, do not say what you claim, so I am confident there aren't 30,000 that do say what you claim.

I said I did not quote 30,000 odd verses (that repudiate calvinism) as it would bog things down a bit. I did not say there were 30,000 odd vespers on OSAS or NOT OSAS. As any viewer of this thread can verify

You say you are not a Calvinist- FANTASTIC - neither was Christ. Nor the Apostles. Nor any Early Church fathers. However, the skeptic in me suspects that you are and having lost your argument are now side streaming this thread.

Calvinism was invented in 385BC by a big shot named Augustine. It mostly is derived from Plato (an ancient Greek Philosopher)and imbibes a lot of Gnostic philosophy into the Christian faith. Even Augustines own supporters disagreed with him (and also a chap named Pelegius - a side show).

The Orthodox faith was never troubled by the import of this stuff as it was based on Greek Biblical manuscripts. Augy could neither speak nor rad Greek and relied on Latin translations. Most of this stuff died out witching Catholicism but was re-invented in the Reformation. Nt that reformers could agree with themselves. Calvin and Luther never did agree.

glorydaz

Oh, and thanks for admitting your porky. I guess that is humility.

Nonsense. You said I use the words 'proof text' then later posted that I did "not use the actual words proof text"! Bizarre.

You said I admitted being porky.

That was made totally of whole cloth. :rolleyes:

At least mine was exactly what you were implying (without actually using the word "proof").

I'm about to deem you a total waste of time. :yawn:

zzub

BANNED
Banned
Read the Bible itself. Now that is an EXCELLENT book, and the only one worth reading.

EXACTLY - No puppet. no robots. AGAIN 1 Tim 2:4 ALL means ALL, The Holy Spirit is literate.
2 Peter 3:9 "Not willing that any should perish"

Amen

zzub

BANNED
Banned
You said I admitted being porky.

That was made totally of whole cloth. :rolleyes:

At least mine was exactly what you were implying (without actually using the word "proof").

I'm about to deem you a total waste of time. :yawn:

No worries. you seem confused and need a nap. Maybe some vitamin C to perk you up.

BUT

Thanks for the opportunity you have amply provided.

who are you ( the reader,not just glorydaz) going to trust ? Christ, or calvinism

zzub

BANNED
Banned
Hmmm

I here a rumbling, a flash of light in the sky. Is this the rapture ? Glory be.

Will this be the last word,

by a mere male species;

Glorydaz?:singer:

Status
Not open for further replies.