Prisca's pick 05/2/2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

Prisca

Pain Killer
Super Moderator
I haven't had a POD for a while, but when I saw this post, I had to document it here:

There is a life of stewardship to live now and an eternity in a different realm/order. There will also be a new heaven and earth (the earth is not going away).

Using your mentality, there would be no progress in the Church/world for 2000 years. We live in society, the City of God on earth and in heaven. We are dual citizens with responsibility, pleasures/leisure, work, etc.

Our primary job is to be worshippers of God and ambassadors for Christ. There are no U-Hauls behind hearses so we labor to bring other people with us. The Great Commission/Commandment is our passion, but this does not preclude enjoying the beauty of earth and being good citizens in a culture that does not have room for God.

This is superior to atheistic views that have no future hope, but can still justify making the most of the world we find ourselves in.

Jesus was not pie in the sky and lived a full life on earth. He is now continuing in heaven, but will return to restore the rule of God. He comes to give abundant and eternal life. I am not sure why you think there is a problem.

Do you want to join us or continue living like a hairless ape or dog who will return to dust? There is a great destiny for believers (rule and reign with Christ in heaven/earth), and a dreadful damnation for those who reject Him and remain separated from Him forever.

There is a heaven to gain and a hell to shun. Don't fault us for wanting to plunder 'hell' to populate heaven (Bonnke).

Thanks, Godrulz!:first:

Status
Not open for further replies.