Public School Worker Retires, Calls BEL

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
Public School Worker Retires, Calls BEL

This is the show from Wednesday, June 6th 2012

SUMMARY:

* Bob Interviews Emily Walk, 11-Year Indianapolis Classroom Assistant: Two weeks ago Emily retired from working in the Indianapolis public schools. Today she talks with Bob Enyart about the importance of parents pulling their kids out of the public school system. [Programming note: Emily was a bit nervous on-air and naturally became more comfortable as we continued talking after the program ended, so with her permission we then inserted a couple of her later comments back into the program. We'd say, "Enjoy," but the sad topic doesn't lend itself to enjoyment; but please, listen carefully, and then get Bruce Shortt's important book!]

* The Harsh Truth About Public Schools: To accompany today's program, Bob Enyart recommends Bruce Shortt's vital book about the devastating consequences of a Christian (or anyone) sending his child to any one of America's public schools, which are all godless. Precious kids are destroyed by the thousands by the sophisticated indoctrination that gradually turns them against their parents and against Jesus Christ. After the influence of their public school education, millions of "Christian" young people reject the existence of moral truth, and blaspheme Jesus Christ by their belief that He sinned while on earth. Please pull your kids out of public school.

* Creation Meeting June 8th: You're invited to attend the Rocky Mtn. Creation Fellowship meeting at 7 p.m. tomorrow night, Friday, June 8th at the Bethlehem Lutheran Chapel at Wadsworth and 21st.

* Will Retiring Neal Boortz Keep His Word to BEL: During the Boortz/Enyart Debate on a National Sales Tax, Neal Boortz promised the audience that he would put a link to that debate on his own homepage for a week. Neal has yet to do that. Any suggestions on how to get Neal to keep his word on this?

* Planned Parenthood and Mitt Romney: The abortion chain and the Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney are longtime partners although they are also partisan competitors. So get informed! Be an educated voter! Avoid hell! Avoid hell on earth! Pray that Romney will avoid hell in hell. Read the Romney Pro-life Profile!

Today's Resource: Have you seen the Government Department at our KGOV Store? Today we are featuring Bruce Shortt's vitally-important book, The Harsh Truth about Public Schools. And check out the classic God's Criminal Justice System seminar, God and the Death Penalty, Live from Las Vegas, and Bob on Drugs DVDs, and our powerhouse Focus on the Strategy resources!

CabinetMaker

Member of the 10 year club on TOL!!
Hall of Fame
I have a high school age kid and a middle school age kid. They have been in public schools since kindergarten. The kindergarten teacher took my daughter aside one day and prayed with her IN THE CLASSROOM for her mother who was going through cancer treatments at the time.

Every parent teacher conference I have ever been too I have been met with teachers pleased to see parents involved in their kids education and a real interest in my kids.

My kids have not turned against me and while one is struggling with her faith, it is not because of something that happened in school.

I hear about all the evils of public schools but I have never encountered anything even remotely resembling them in our schools.

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
The kindergarten teacher took my daughter aside one day and prayed with her IN THE CLASSROOM for her mother who was going through cancer treatments at the time.
She had a Christian teacher in Kindergarten? Whoa!

:rolleyes:

Anecdotes mean nothing, CM. You know that.

Every parent teacher conference I have ever been too I have been met with teachers pleased to see parents involved in their kids education...
Because it's a rarity.

My kids have not turned against me and while one is struggling with her faith, it is not because of something that happened in school.
You say this but your testimony is useless without evidence. And while school may not have been the instigation it will not help, and will most likely exacerbate the problem. Especially the children around your children.

I hear about all the evils of public schools but I have never encountered anything even remotely resembling them in our schools.
Again, anecdotal evidence.

Granite

Hall of Fame
This is paranoia, plain and simple. Christians seem terrified of the chance that their kids might actually ever wander outside the bubble. If your faith is so effective, it should be able to withstand an education.

CabinetMaker

Member of the 10 year club on TOL!!
Hall of Fame
She had a Christian teacher in Kindergarten? Whoa!

:rolleyes:

Anecdotes mean nothing, CM. You know that.

Because it's a rarity.

You say this but your testimony is useless without evidence. And while school may not have been the instigation it will not help, and will most likely exacerbate the problem. Especially the children around your children.

Again, anecdotal evidence.
Its no more anecdotal then the interview (which I did listen to) or your statements. It is my experience. It was her experience.

What I find interesting is that many of the problems she was discussing were problems with parents. Bob attempted to lay bad parenting at the doors of the school as well. My parents went to public school. My mom was a public school teacher. They were firm parents and had specific expectations for us. If we misbehaved at school, we faced Mom and Dad.

It is still my contention that the biggest problem with public schools is the parents. There wasn't anything in her examples of bad behavior that could not be traced directly back to bad and indifferent parents.

keypurr

Some folks and Pastors are easily fooled. Any a pastor who blames the schools for the woes of this country is just looking for a scapegoat. The churches are trying to cover up their own failure to teach the word of God. Parents are doing the same thing. If your dissatisfied with the schools get congress to Get rid of those laws that keep God out of the classrooms.

Frayed Knot

If your dissatisfied with the schools get congress to Get rid of those laws that keep God out of the classrooms.

It'll take more than that. You'd have to repeal the First Amendment, or convince the Supreme Court that it doesn't violate the Constitution for a government-run school to endorse your religion.

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
Its no more anecdotal then the interview (which I did listen to) or your statements. It is my experience. It was her experience.

What I find interesting is that many of the problems she was discussing were problems with parents. Bob attempted to lay bad parenting at the doors of the school as well. My parents went to public school. My mom was a public school teacher. They were firm parents and had specific expectations for us. If we misbehaved at school, we faced Mom and Dad.

It is still my contention that the biggest problem with public schools is the parents. There wasn't anything in her examples of bad behavior that could not be traced directly back to bad and indifferent parents.
Bob, and Mrs. Walk, were discussing the deteriorating state of government schools. They are getting worse.

And Bob was being a bit sarcastic because he was responding to the argument proponents of public schools make stating that the parents are the problem; that they are bad parents. So the question must be asked, where did these bad parents learn to be bad parents?

And as it stands, many kids in public elementary school these days are the children of people who were in public high school just over a decade ago. Some less than a decade ago. And even a few in high school whose parents were in high school ten years ago.

And just because your children have not experienced such things [of course you could just be unaware for a variety of reasons] doesn't mean they never will. And the odds are high that they will, if they stay. You know these things happen to other kids. Are you of the mindset that it won't happen to yours? Are you going to wait until it does to pull them out?

Some folks and Pastors are easily fooled. Any a pastor who blames the schools for the woes of this country is just looking for a scapegoat. The churches are trying to cover up their own failure to teach the word of God. Parents are doing the same thing. If your dissatisfied with the schools get congress to Get rid of those laws that keep God out of the classrooms.
Bob isn't ignorant of the failure of most churches these days to preach the word of God. And Bob tells his congregation that they should no send their children to public school. And the best solution is to get rid of the things.

And who do you think is to blame for the woes of this country? Do you not believe it is the government who happens to be educating our children who are supposed to be the future government and people who vote, etc.?