Punish all drug users!

marhig

My argument is about how demand and creates supply. The users create the demand, and I am not defending suppliers, as I have said they are immoral criminals, yet so are the users.

To end drug abuse we have to reduce and eventually end the demand. To do this we must realise that drug users are responsible for their own lives; few, if any, were forced to used illicit drugs, it was their choice be irresponsible.

There is no need to make any accusations towards me, just towards my position and rational regarding my argument.
Have you ever thought about what some of the people who take drugs have been through in their lives that make them start taking drugs in the first place?

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
Have you ever thought about what some of the people who take drugs have been through in their lives that make them start taking drugs in the first place?

See you doctor, yes.
Buy illicit dope on the street, that is a crime. Go ask anyone in law enforcement, buying drugs form a dealer is a crime, and they do not deserve pity, because THE FIRST TIME THEY DO IT, THEY ENGAGE IN A CRIMINAL ACT!

It is that simple!
The ignorant can be educated, but stupid lasts forever.

eider

See you doctor, yes.
Buy illicit dope on the street, that is a crime. Go ask anyone in law enforcement,......................

Law enforcement isn't the 'place' to go to question criminal offences. The Legislature is the place to go. Law enforcement enforces the legislation, but doesn't decide about it.

I think that law enforcement spends far too much money running around after drug enforcement, and if only the drug laws could be adjusted and repealed then this would leave many gangs with no drug purpose, bring in billions to our exchequers in drug taxation, increase police time on 'other duties', and provide a substantial % from taxation for the purposes of professional rehabilitation and counselling over drug misuse.

There will be drug deaths, as there are now, and drug misfortunes, but you don't seem to have much sympathy or empathy in these areas....... but other folks would welcome better services in these areas.

And the drug murders, drug desperation thefts and burglaries, drug robberies would reduce to a mere nothing by comparison with today.

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
Law enforcement isn't the 'place' to go to question criminal offences. The Legislature is the place to go. Law enforcement enforces the legislation, but doesn't decide about it.

I think that law enforcement spends far too much money running around after drug enforcement....
All I am saying is anyone in law enforcement KNOWS buying drugs, even prescription drugs off the street i a crime. My point i not should it be a crime, but, in fact, is a crime.

Law changed to leave drug users alone would save me on taxes; however, they will not simply do that!

genuineoriginal

war-on-drugs-comic-cartoon-rich-argument-criminals-crime-political.jpg

Stop blaming banned drugs for the devastation caused by prohibition

Prohibition doesn’t stop people using drugs; it just makes using drugs dangerous. Once drugs are pushed underground users have little idea of the content of their purchase. The drug could be much higher potency than they anticipated, it could be mixed with highly toxic ingredients, and if they get into difficulty they are less likely to seek help. Undoubtedly, one of the greatest risks is posed not by drugs, but by a drug conviction. A criminal record for a drug crime can result in insurmountable hurdles when seeking employment, education, housing, international travel, insurance and relationships.

But drug enforcement is selective and profoundly divisive. It invariably targets the poor, the indigenous, people of colour, and people from black and minority ethnic groups (BME), despite evidence that levels of drug use are similar across communities. This discriminatory drug enforcement has resulted in worrying disparities in terms of over-representation of indigenous people and people of colour in prison, particularly in New Zealand, Australia, the United Kingdom and USA.

The prohibition efforts to reduce drug supply have failed abysmally (UN report records levels of opium production in Afghanistan last year) but despite the failure of prohibition, the drug policy ratchet only ever leads to more punitive approaches. Research indicates that policing to remove dealers from stable supply chains actually increases violence in communities, while militarised responses to drug cartels have effectively resulted in violent ‘drug wars’ that have destabilised countries such as Mexico. The worrying growth of violent gangs and drug cartels are not inevitable by-products of ‘drugs’. They are the inevitable outcome of a brutally enforced system of drug prohibition, one that was also witnessed in the 1920s with alcohol prohibition.

The Horn

BANNED
Banned
In America, the war on drugs has been a dismal failure . It has wasted billions and billions of government dollars and has done nothing to prevent drug use or addiction . It has merely created an industry for illegal drugs and drug dealing .
It has put too many people in jail who should not even be there and ruined the lives of harmless people with no record of violent crime who were caught by the police with a small amount of marijuana . Because of this disastrous war , America has the highest percentage of people in jail in the world . No other country comes even remotely close . WE have only a small percentage of the world's people, but one quarter of the world's population of prisoners in America !
Colorado legalized marijuana not too long ago, and the murder rate there was quickly cut in half ! When something is illegal, it automatically creates a demand for it on the black market . Our idiot attorney general Jeff Sessions is adamantly opposed to making marijuana legal or decriminalizing it . And he also doesn't want to do this because he has invested in private for profit prisons . and if these are abolished , he stands to lose a lot of money .
These private prions SHOULD be abolished . They have caused numerous non-violent offenders to be put in jail because of th owners greed .

genuineoriginal

In America, the war on drugs has been a dismal failure . It has wasted billions and billions of government dollars and has done nothing to prevent drug use or addiction . It has merely created an industry for illegal drugs and drug dealing .
It has put too many people in jail who should not even be there and ruined the lives of harmless people with no record of violent crime who were caught by the police with a small amount of marijuana . Because of this disastrous war , America has the highest percentage of people in jail in the world . No other country comes even remotely close . WE have only a small percentage of the world's people, but one quarter of the world's population of prisoners in America !
Colorado legalized marijuana not too long ago, and the murder rate there was quickly cut in half ! When something is illegal, it automatically creates a demand for it on the black market . Our idiot attorney general Jeff Sessions is adamantly opposed to making marijuana legal or decriminalizing it . And he also doesn't want to do this because he has invested in private for profit prisons . and if these are abolished , he stands to lose a lot of money .
These private prions SHOULD be abolished . They have caused numerous non-violent offenders to be put in jail because of th owners greed .
:thumb:

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
In America, the war on drugs has been a dismal failure.

Agreed.

It has wasted billions and billions of government dollars and has done nothing to prevent drug use or addiction.

Agreed.

It has merely created an industry for illegal drugs and drug dealing.

Agreed.

It has put too many people in jail who should not even be there

Agreed.

and ruined the lives of harmless people with no record of violent crime who were caught by the police with a small amount of marijuana.

Criminals are not harmless. They harm others around them by committing a crime.

It is a crime (maybe not according to America's laws, but certainly by God's laws) to use drugs in order to get oneself high, because they put not only themselves in danger, but also those around them.

Because of this disastrous war, America has the highest percentage of people in jail in the world.

It's not just because of the war on drugs. No, it's because we have bad law, bad government, and prisons.

No other country comes even remotely close.

Agreed.

WE have only a small percentage of the world's people, but one quarter of the world's population of prisoners in America!

It's outrageous, I know.

Colorado legalized marijuana not too long ago, and the murder rate there was quickly cut in half!

Yeah, probably because they're too stoned busy damaging their DNA, losing IQ points, and becoming even more of a loser than they already are. (kgov.com/pot)

When something is illegal, it automatically creates a demand for it on the black market.

Not really. What creates a demand for crime is criminals who find it relatively easy to commit crime. In other words. It's the lack of appropriate punishment for crime that drives the demand for it up.

Our idiot attorney general Jeff Sessions is adamantly opposed to making marijuana legal or decriminalizing it.

Good for him. But I'd rather we not even HAVE an attorney general, or any attorney or lawyer for that matter.

And he also doesn't want to do this because he has invested in private for profit prisons.

All prisons should be shut down.

and if these are abolished, he stands to lose a lot of money.

Couldn't happen to a nicer guy.

These private prisons SHOULD be abolished.

All prisons, private and government controlled, should be abolished. They don't work.

They have caused numerous non-violent offenders to be put in jail because of the owners greed.

Which is why ALL prison systems should be abolished. Or what, you think the government prisons don't cause numerous non-violent "criminals" to be put in jail because of the government's greed?

marhig

See you doctor, yes.
Buy illicit dope on the street, that is a crime. Go ask anyone in law enforcement, buying drugs form a dealer is a crime, and they do not deserve pity, because THE FIRST TIME THEY DO IT, THEY ENGAGE IN A CRIMINAL ACT!

It is that simple!
The ignorant can be educated, but stupid lasts forever.
And there are many in law inforcement that are more corrupt than some who take drugs! And there are many high up in society that take cocaine etc! And there are many poor who don't. You can't judge book by it's cover. Many drug addicts have been through hell.

I just can't believe your blanket statement of ALL drug addicts should be punished. Some have been through hell. Abused, abandoned, ending up on the street whilst still a child, family problems, and some soldiers who can't cope with what they've been through in their lives. It's easy to sit there and judge them all, but not all of them are bad people. They have just been in bad situations and many haven't had the support of family etc. to guide and help them in their lives.

I'm not saying it's right to take illegal drugs, I believe it's wrong to do so. But each person is different, many don't know God and they won't have the strength to handle things in their their lives like those who belong to God do.

I've been through things in my life, and it's only my faith and family that have helped me pull through. If i didn't have faith and i didn't know God, then i may have done some things myself. I thank God for his grace and I thank him always for helping me daily in my life.

Many aren't as blessed as me, and I have empathy for them because I know that I could have been in that situation without God. Jesus would have cared and been among the drug addicts bringing the gospel to them hoping to heal their hearts, after all it was the sinners he came for! And those who belong to him should have that heart too!

eider

It is a crime (maybe not according to America's laws, but certainly by God's laws to use drugs in order to get oneself high, because they put not only themselves in danger, but also those around them.

I can't remember reading anything about this in the Laws of Moses......... is this a Pauline Law?

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Well that's s shame then! Because those who belong to God should care for everyone including drug addicts!
Whoosh!
I can't remember reading anything about this in the Laws of Moses......... is this a Pauline Law?
It's called not losing control of your faculties. It's why God allows drinking (Jesus himself drank, wine, and Paul told Timothy to have a little wine for his stomach) but not drunkenness (for example, Noah). With most if not all recreational drugs, there is an immediate high, and that is when you lose control of yourself, and you put yourself and others at risk of harm. Society doesn't have to tolerate such activity. Therefore it's a crime to be high or drunk.

Jonahdog

BANNED
Banned
Hmm, taking this argument to the extreme, if you smoke and get lung cancer you should not get any medical treatment. After all your disease is your own fault.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Hmm, taking this argument to the extreme, if you smoke and get lung cancer you should not get any medical treatment. After all your disease is your own fault.
Why anyone would want to willingly damage their lungs is beyond me, but then again, people smoke pot, which is far worse in that it not only damages your lungs but also damages other things too, so I dont know...

genuineoriginal

God allows drinking (Jesus himself drank, wine, and Paul told Timothy to have a little wine for his stomach) but not drunkenness (for example, Noah).
You seem to be claiming that Jesus made a mistake in turning the water into wine after most of the guests of the wedding were already drunk.

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame

That's silly! I never said they should not receive treatment, but they should receive it by force if caught using and the programs should be rehab work oriented, thus they pay for their treatment, by working it off.

Your smoking argument is immaterial because smoking is not illegal and if you fail to see the difference, then you have no respect for the law.

glorydaz

Oh, I'm sure Kat has never given that a second thought. What would she ever do without people like you to suggest she do that? :rolleyes:

Well that's s shame then! Because those who belong to God should care for everyone including drug addicts!

The real shame is your inability to understand anything but a kindergarten level of reading. :rolleyes:

Why do these things always go over your head?