purgatory

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
purgatory

Consider this pure conjecture. I think I am in purgatory which means I am already saved and I just need a little more time here to get purified. According to Daniel 12:10 NABRE, "Many shall be refined, purified, and tested". So I passed the test but am not considered a saint. BTW you won't find the word "test" in some bibles.
This is about reincarnation which is against Church teaching. I get the fact that they don't want you to believe you get another chance. If you plan on another chance, that is your problem and not mine. I decided to not title this thread "reincarnation" to reduce the number of crazies that I will have to deal with.
How I came to believe this is a long story. I don't like long posts so you will get the real short one.
Somewhere I read or heard that there are more people alive today than have ever died. This has been refuted by questionable estimates that maybe 100 billion have already died. Just the same I started to wonder if it was possible that everyone who has ever lived could be alive with the second coming. This of course would require reincarnation. There are many passages in the bible that suggest this but I will only consider one here. Matthew 24:14 which suggests the end will come when everyone has received the good news. Is it fair to save or damn anyone who has not received it?
The current population of the world consists of three kinds of people: those who are in hell, those who are in purgatory, and those who have not received the gospel.
Think about that.

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
I do not believe in "eternal suffering".
This is either a bad translation or an error in interpretation.
I do believe in the second death which means those who are not saved will be destroyed completely at the final judgement.

clefty

I do not believe in "eternal suffering".
This is either a bad translation or an error in interpretation.
I do believe in the second death which means those who are not saved will be destroyed completely at the final judgement.

Wait wut? I mean halleluYah!

but that is certainly not catholic teaching...they made a lot of fortune from eternal torment hell’s construct and are loathe to give it up...

curious as to what brought you to this understanding...that I might adapt it for others still blinded...

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
Wait wut? I mean halleluYah!

but that is certainly not catholic teaching...they made a lot of fortune from eternal torment hell’s construct and are loathe to give it up...

curious as to what brought you to this understanding...that I might adapt it for others still blinded...

Thank you for asking

1. the promise of eternal life is meaningless if there is eternal suffering
2. second death is the death of the soul
3. either God wants you suffer eternally or He can do nothing about it, pick one if you can

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
The current population of the world consists of three kinds of people: those who are in hell, those who are in purgatory, and those who have not received the gospel.
Think about that.

Am I understanding you correctly, that you think some portion of the world's population is living in hell or purgatory while they're alive on earth?

Reactions: Lon

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
So anyone who's living: what if they have heard the gospel? If they haven't lived their life out yet they haven't been judged, so what state are they in before they're judged?

They can't be judged until they have heard the gospel and have died.
What you do after hearing the gospel will determine whether or not you will be saved.

Idolater

"Foundation of the World" Dispensationalist χρ
purgatory

Consider this pure conjecture. I think I am in purgatory which means I am already saved
Purification in this life is an explicit distinct possibility in Pope St. John Paul II's Catechism. Some Saints have died and immediately are in Heaven because they were purified on the earth.