Purging Islam is from the 70s

Interplanner

A CNN doc on the 70s dwells on the types and emergence of terrorism in that decade, both secular and religious. I thought the last segment was going to be on the Iranian Revolution, however, it turned out to be an event I don't recall (I was engaged and went to Germany that year--so I have an excuse!). The Grand Mosque of Mecca was stormed by radical Muslims who wanted to purge Islam because it was being corrupted. Several hundred attacked the 15000 attending Ramadan or whatsit.

This was intriguing to me because both al Qaeda and ISIS view themselves as purging movements, feared as much by moderates as by the rest of us.

Interplanner

The purging theme was expressed as recently as the Paris attacks when one reporter was trying to define the frustration of Muslims in France. It was not economic. It was the frustration of being taught authoritarian theocracy at every meeting, and then going out and seeing secular women who were uncovered. So now there are suburbs in France where non-Muslim women are not safe if they are uncovered.

Truster

Do a search and study on Biblical terror. Apply the scriptures that you read to the certainty of first cause and then.....

Interplanner

Do a search and study on Biblical terror. Apply the scriptures that you read to the certainty of first cause and then.....

Could you define your terms? If I looked up Biblical terror, it would be about God's wrath.

I started this thread so people could realize that, if there is a reform movement within this religion, it does not bode well for the rest of us. It needs a reform movement that will accept pluralism and practice that.

Truster

Could you define your terms? If I looked up Biblical terror, it would be about God's wrath.

I started this thread so people could realize that, if there is a reform movement within this religion, it does not bode well for the rest of us. It needs a reform movement that will accept pluralism and practice that.

''If'' means you haven't done it and so I won't waste time on this.

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
A CNN doc on the 70s dwells on the types and emergence of terrorism in that decade, both secular and religious. I thought the last segment was going to be on the Iranian Revolution, however, it turned out to be an event I don't recall (I was engaged and went to Germany that year--so I have an excuse!). The Grand Mosque of Mecca was stormed by radical Muslims who wanted to purge Islam because it was being corrupted. Several hundred attacked the 15000 attending Ramadan or whatsit.

This was intriguing to me because both al Qaeda and ISIS view themselves as purging movements, feared as much by moderates as by the rest of us.

Thank you for pointing this out.