pverty doesn't cause people to want to be terrorists... but

OCTOBER23

LIFE ITSELF IS A BLESSING

COUNT YOUR MANY BLESSINGS

Romans 6:23 For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God

is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
It's problematic to be sure. I tend to vote conservatively in our judiciary races and on local politics, mix it up at the state level, depending on the candidate. Nationally it's purely a candidate by candidate, issue by issue with me and my mixture of likes and dislikes has led me to support different candidates, depending. I was excited about Huntsman, who I thought would be a reasonable, thoughtful voice for conservative thought and principled negotiation.

When he packed it in there was no chance I would support Romney so I wrote in and resigned myself that the winner wasn't going to particularly impress me regardless.

You see the dilemma?

Mitt Romney, former Governor of Massachusetts? It would not be much concession, the dilemma dwindles; such linear politicians are easy to depict, yet he represents a small, but powerful minority.
What I find so apt, yet convoluted, is his ideal, so claimed embedded in that 'Utah doctrine' would never sell in Massachusetts, although the fact remains, it did.

Niece of Mitt Romney, who has her own chair.

Interesting:
It's a win for a family with a dozen state or nationwide general elections under its collective belt — more if you expand beyond Mitt's immediate family (his cousin, Vernon, was a Utah Attorney General from 1969 to 1977 and ran unsuccessfully for Utah governor in 1976).
Here's how the family has fared since 1962:
George Romney (Mitt's father)
W - 1962 Michigan gubernatorial election
W - 1964 Michigan gubernatorial election
W - 1966 Michigan gubernatorial election
L - 1968 presidential election
Lenore Romney (Mitt's mother)
L - 1970 Michigan U.S. Senate election
Ronna Romney (Mitt's sister-in-law)
L - 1994 Michigan U.S. Senate election
L - 1996 Michigan U.S. Senate election
Scott Romney (Mitt's brother)
L - 1998 Michigan Attorney General election
Mitt Romney
L - 1994 Massachusetts U.S. Senate election
W - 2002 Massachusetts gubernatorial election
L - 2008 presidential election
L - 2012 presidential election
The Romneys, overall, have a losing record, with 4 wins and 9 loses. George is the most successful with his three wins in Michigan, followed by [Mitt] Romney with his Massachusetts win.
Between McDaniel, Mitt and Ann's 23 grandchildren, and their son Josh, a Utah real estate developer who's said he hasn't ruled out running for office, though, there's still plenty of time for the family to improve its record. And you can bet there will be more Romneys on the ballot sometime soon.
Taken from the Washington Post

republicanchick

...the fact that you voted for obama in 2008 and argue forcefully for gay marriage and other liberal, politically correct issues

he votedfor O and yet denies he is a lib... figures

Even libs don't believe in liberalism...

(but that is not surprising.. since they are known for their chief character trait: liar)

+++

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
he votedfor O
Once, yes. And once no. Funny how people like you can't read past the first bit.

and yet denies he is a lib... figures
I worked for Huntsman's campaign and deny I am a conservative too.

Figures. I'm honest.

Even libs don't believe in liberalism...
It's a shame you don't appear to believe in rationalism..

(but that is not surprising.. since they are known for their chief character trait: liar)
At least you can spell character. That's a fine start. :plain:

Last edited:

republicanchick

Once, yes. And once no. Funny how people like you can't read past the first bit.

I worked for Huntsman's campaign and deny I am a conservative too. Figures. I'm honest.

It's a shame you don't appear to believe in rationalism or honest difference.

If you could spell character it would be a fine start. :plain:

um... like... whatever

+

resodko

BANNED
Banned
MjAxMi01NWM1ZmNiN2EwODIwNWRl.png

jgarden

BANNED
Banned
Child Poverty Rate

DEFINITION: Group-specific poverty rates are headcounts of how many people of a population group fall below the poverty line, in percentage of the total number in that population group.
The poverty line used here is 50% of the median household disposable income, adjusted for household size.
Children are persons with less than 18 years of age.

# COUNTRY AMOUNT DATE
1 Turkey 24.59% 2009
2 Mexico 22.16% 2009
3 Poland 21.5% 2009
4 United States 20.59% 2009
5 Spain 17.3% 2009
6 Portugal 16.55% 2009
7 Ireland 16.3% 2009
8 Germany 16.29% 2009
9 Italy 15.5% 2009
10 Canada 15.06% 2009
11 New Zealand 15% 2009
12 Japan 13.69% 2009
13 Greece 13.23% 2009
14 Luxembourg 12.39% 2009
15 Australia 11.79% 2009
16 Netherlands 11.53% 2009
17 Slovakia 10.93% 2009
18 Czech Republic 10.27% 2009
19 South Korea 10.2% 2009
20 United Kingdom 10.08% 2009
21 Belgium 9.97% 2009
22 Switzerland 9.43% 2009
23 Hungary 8.72% 2009
24 Iceland 8.25% 2009
25 France 7.64% 2009
26 Austria 6.17% 2009
27 Norway 4.6% 2009
28 Finland 4.17% 2009
29 Sweden 3.97% 2009
30 Denmark 2.74% 2009

http://www.nationmaster.com/country...usehold-characteristics/Poverty-rate/Children
poverty doesn't cause people to want to be terrorists... but

America had better hope that poverty doesn't lead to "terrorists" - given that 1 in every 5 children in the US falls below the poverty line (50% of the median household disposable income, adjusted for household size).

America's real problem isn't "terrorists," its what would happen if a charismatic leader were to come along, convince the poor that they deserve a better life - and not take no for an answer!

Most Americans will spend at least one year below the poverty line at some point between ages 25 and 75.

In November 2012 the U.S. Census Bureau said more than 16% of the population lived in poverty, including almost 20% of American children, up from 14.3% (approximately 43.6 million) in 2009 and to its highest level since 1993.

In 2008, 13.2% (39.8 million) Americans lived in poverty.

Starting in the 1980s, relative poverty rates have consistently exceeded those of other wealthy nations. California has a poverty rate of 23.5%, the highest of any state in the country.

In 2009 the number of people who were in poverty was approaching 1960s levels that led to the national War on Poverty.

In 2011 extreme poverty in the United States, meaning households living on less than $2 per day before government benefits, was double 1996 levels at 1.5 million households, including 2.8 million children.

This would be roughly 1.2% of the U.S. population in 2011, presuming a mean household size of 2.55 people. Recent census data shows that half the population qualifies as poor or low income, with one in five Millennials living in poverty.

In 2011, child poverty reached record high levels, with 16.7 million children living in food insecure households, about 35% more than 2007 levels.

A 2013 UNICEF report ranked the U.S. as having the second highest relative child poverty rates in the developed world.

There were about 643,000 sheltered and unsheltered homeless people nationwide in January 2009. Almost two-thirds stayed in an emergency shelter or transitional housing program and the other third were living on the street, in an abandoned building, or another place not meant for human habitation. About 1.56 million people, or about 0.5% of the U.S. population, used an emergency shelter or a transitional housing program between October 1, 2008 and September 30, 2009. Around 44% of homeless people are employed.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Poverty_in_the_United_States

Last edited:

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
yeh, we can't afford all those "idiots"
Still don't get the reference then...well, consider yourself one, after a fashion. You suffer from a poverty of understanding. :plain: That means you're more likely to steal someone else's ideas than come up with your own bootstraps.

Last edited: