Questioning godrulz...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sozo

godrulz, let's get to the root of our disagreements, with a few questions, shall we?

1. Why are all men condemned as sinners?

merove

BANNED
Banned
I don’t expect him to reply either. But you do raise a very good question, one that I have asked for years and have yet to get an answer from any Christian I ask. Or at least a direct answer.

Think of it like this:

God creates a race of creatures. He intentionally makes them with one leg shorter then the other. Then, when looking back on His creation decides that because those little creatures have a short leg, He’s going to send them to hell. Then He only saves some of those short legged creatures.

Does that make sense to any one?

:confused:

Poly

Blessed beyond measure
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Originally posted by merove

I don’t expect him to reply either. But you do raise a very good question, one that I have asked for years and have yet to get an answer from any Christian I ask. Or at least a direct answer.

Think of it like this:

God creates a race of creatures. He intentionally makes them with one leg shorter then the other. Then, when looking back on His creation decides that because those little creatures have a short leg, He’s going to send them to hell. Then He only saves some of those short legged creatures.

No it makes absolutely no sense.

It might be better for you to ask these kinds of questions in a more appropriate forum, maybe one dealing with predestination or you could start a thread yourself. :)

merove

BANNED
Banned
I wasnt trying to do that, simply make a point, that point being that most people that i have talked to dance around the issues. Thanks though.

Just touching on the point that Sozo made.

:)

Sozo

I was hoping that godrulz would respond to the question, but I seriously doubt that he has a mind of his own to do so.

Sozo

i guess some people just dont like to be called on the carpet.

:think:
I'm not sure that it is as much that, or that they don't like having me call them. Stick around, and I'm sure you'll get your chance. :chuckle:

godrulz

Hall of Fame
1855 hours MST March 16, 2005

I became aware of this thread by an email from another member who appreciates my thoughts. Why accuse me of being unlikely to respond when I am not even aware of this topic?

Last time sozo did this, the thread fizzled.

I have responded thoughtfully, to the best of my ability, to hundreds of his posts. I have counterresponded to clarify issues.

His ad hominem attacks, name-calling, and misrepresentations have lost him a right to be heard or engage me in a mature, reasonable manner. He does not believe I am a believer and has little credibility in my eyes.

No offense; no defense.

However, I benefit from dialogue and will be happy to risk response, when I feel like it:p

Sozo

Originally posted by godrulz

However, I benefit from dialogue and will be happy to risk response, when I feel like it:p

Translation: "As soon as I have time to search through my theology books and see what someone else thinks."

godrulz

Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Sozo

Translation: "As soon as I have time to search through my theology books and see what someone else thinks."

This is why I am not thrilled to waste time dealing with blockhead.

I am at work and do not have the time or energy to look through dead men's brains (books). My intent will be to answer specific questions off the top of my head. Hopefully the opinions will be based on years of biblical thought. I likely cannot systematically do justice in small posts, but sozo's mind is made up so I would not want to confuse him with the facts.

I try to exegete and think through issues on my own. I am not too proud or arrogant (unlike you know who) to recognize that I can learn from other giants of the faith with more expertise in original languages, etc. A little knowledge is a dangerous thing. Sozo does not realize how myopic his views are or how much they have been influenced by his own readings. What is good for the goose is good for the gander. One should not call the kettle black.

Grasshopper, a riddle:

Who were Adrian's turtles in the Rocky movies?

These are my new nicknames for s0z0-lighthouse;)

godrulz

Hall of Fame
Re: Questioning godrulz...

Originally posted by Sozo

godrulz, let's get to the root of our disagreements, with a few questions, shall we?

1. Why are all men condemned as sinners?

See Romans 1-3:)

Or, for your level....why not?

godrulz

Hall of Fame
Originally posted by lighthouse

For some reason, I don't expect him to answer.

Why not? I do not run and hide or put people on ignore when my feelings get hurt.

I did not answer within minutes because someone just told me about the topic. Why should I engage this? Last thread like this backfired for sozo.

godrulz

Hall of Fame

Think of it like this:

Huh? Is this a parable of Calvinism?

Why would you not expect me to answer, rookie? Have you read my 5000+ posts or sozo's track record of insulting posts?

godrulz

Hall of Fame
Thx sozo for the free advertising and starting a post (or is it roast?) to honor me. Much appreciated:rolleyes:

logos_x

Think of it like this:

No..it doesn't make any sense.

Try HERE

Sozo

My intent will be to answer specific questions off the top of my head. Hopefully the opinions will be based on years of biblical thought.

Sozo asks: godrulz, let's get to the root of our disagreements, with a few questions, shall we?

Why are all men condemned as sinners?

godrulz responds: See Romans 1-3

WOW!!! :noway:

That must have taken "years of biblical thought"!

You must have all sorts of knowledge on "top of your head"!

:chuckle:

godrulz

Hall of Fame
You do not respect my views, so why cast pearls before swine?
Why do you want to waste your time with my subjective views?

You limit me to not use any ideas that may be found in a book somewhere on the planet (even though you can use Bob George's 'Classic Christianity'...hypocrite). Thus, I pointed you to a passage that will give you a definitive answer to your question. You can argue with Paul if you disagree with the answer:cool:

Would you like my subjective answer to your question off the top of my head as fuel and fodder for foisting frivolous insults at my furrow? I would be willing to give you basic hints on my pontifications. Sorry I do not have time to give you a treatise to blast with your bazooka.

Repeat the question (give me time to retain a lawyer):help:

Why the "Back Alley"? I want front page coverage in the New York Times:cool:

Sozo

Why do you want to waste your time with my subjective views?
Because you are a loud mouth egotist who spreads dissension in the body of Christ with your doctrines of demons.

As long as you continue to treat the gospel with disrespect, then I will make it my life's goal to make sure that everyone, exposed to your lies, has ample evidence.

The fact remains that everytime you are confronted with a direct question you make up lame excuses for not answering.

I see your Romans 1-3 and call you with a Romans 4-8 :p

Status
Not open for further replies.