Questions for Christian Liberty

shagster01

Wouldn't it be better if people could opt in or out of paying into various government programs? Make it clear that once you opt out, you can never receive government assistance and you'd be surprised how many people continue to pay into programs like social security. I wouldn't change anything about what I pay in. I don't think most people would outside of some.... ummm... particularly self oriented individuals... That's the main problem with this country, no spirit of compromise. It's wrong for the majority (of a relatively small group of politically active people) to force everyone to do what they deem fiscally responsible. As an afterthought, it would be good if those people didn't gain unilateral power in our current government, they'd do away with the programs completely. So by compromising, we fix some issues.

Yes, I agree with you. I want this system too.

But we don't have it now. Our option is a package deal. If you want to be a part of this society you must buy the package. It's not stealing, it's the current price of this society which we are buying into by choice.

Of course we could just demand no taxes if we all wanted to. But we don't. That's why we vote for the same people every time.

Christian Liberty

Yes, I agree with you. I want this system too.

But we don't have it now. Our option is a package deal. If you want to be a part of this society you must buy the package. It's not stealing, it's the current price of this society which we are buying into by choice.

Of course we could just demand no taxes if we all wanted to. But we don't. That's why we vote for the same people every time.

I'm not buying by choice. I am being coerced.

shagster01

I'm not buying by choice. I am being coerced.

There are plenty of people not paying taxes. About a quarter of my income is tax free. There are ways. If you are paying taxes it is because you are choosing a taxable lifestyle.

My question for you is, how would you set up a society void of coercion?

resodko

BANNED
Banned
Yes, this is a great idea. Some government programs would likely continue to be funded in voluntary fashion...

if I choose, voluntarily, to donate to a "government program", can I exclude from its use those who have not contributed?

or do I have to let them steal from me?

Christian Liberty

Let her be accursed.

I think its funny that you scream in horror at the thought of a perfectly righteous God creating some people for Hell to fulfill his justice, and yet you, a sinner, think you have the right to wish Hell on people?

You're repulsive. I do not agree with Meshak's views and I don't think she's my sister in Christ at the present time, but at least she isn't downright hateful and vile.