Questions for Christian Liberty

meshak

BANNED
Banned
Hey CL,

Are you preparing to be a president?

I don't think you get to be elected since you are not pro military.

You know that don't you?

True Jesus' followers will not be political because His teachings are not popular to the majority.

Above all, Jesus says His followers are not of the world. Politics are of the world. You seem to ignore this simple and basic principle of Christianity.

You are too political. You need to reevaluate your faith, young man.

drbrumley

Hey CL,

You know that don't you?

True Jesus' followers will not be political because His teachings are not popular to the majority.

Above all, Jesus says His followers are not of the world. Politics are of the world. You seem to ignore this simple and basic principle of Christianity.

:rotfl:

Christian Liberty

Bump for Christian Liberty.

Hi. Its been awhile, so can you please repost any questions you have that I haven't answered? You can quote them if you like. it may take me time since I'm also vacationing and stuff but I'll try to get to everything.

Hi Meshak:)

No. This nation rejected Ron Paul and he isn't as radical as me, nor quite as harsh in terms of rhetoric. They wouldn't accept me.

And really, I don't want to be President. I want to get rid of the office.

I may decide to run for local office one day, but even if I did it would be purely an educational measure, and while its a possibility I am not really planning for it.

I just post my stuff in hopes that a few people will start thinking along the same lines as me. Most people don't take me seriously but a few do.

You know that don't you?

Yes, of course I do.

You think what I say here is popular with the majority? You think I expect to be popular with the majority? Not a chance.

I don't think that participating in the political process is nearly the kind of sacrosanct and wonderful thing that democrats (small d, supporters of democratic government) say it is. I wish the political process didn't exist at all, actually. I am anti-archism.

But I don't think that participating in the political sphere with the purpose of reducing the role of government violence in our lives is a bad or ungodly thing. I am not saying everyone is called to it, but I think its a godly thing to do.

Christian Liberty

1. Ever and always, without exception?

Assuming we're using the same definitions yes. If by "tax" we mean a fee that is collected by force without the person's consent (which is different than a user fee which is agreed to by the user in exchange for a service) than yes, I would say that is ever and always wrong, without exception.

2. Does that make paying taxes, if only to comply with the rule of law, wrong?

No. I don't mean this answer to sound disrespectful, so don't take it that way, but that's like asking "Is it wrong to comply with armed robbers to avoid getting shot?" in response to a man who asserts that armed robbery is always immoral.

Does that at least make sense? I can clarify more if you want, but I don't see the logical problem with saying that paying taxes is morally OK but collecting them isn't.

Christian Liberty

What's so funny?

I am very concerned of CL. He seems to be trying to be true to Jesus which if very rare in trinity believer.

Do you really think that non-trinity believers are consistently better on these issues? Even on this website we have several non-trinity believers who disagree with you strongly on this issue.

Plus, the issue of Christ's divinity is way more important than this other stuff. So, without disrespect intended, I'm concerned for you too. I don't think there are saved people who do not understand who Jesus Christ is as a person. And I want you to be my sister in Christ.

The Berean

Hi. Its been awhile, so can you please repost any questions you have that I haven't answered? You can quote them if you like. it may take me time since I'm also vacationing and stuff but I'll try to get to everything.

Perhaps you can post some links to articles that detail your core views then I could ask more questions. I think you answered my initial questions on page 1 of this thread.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
Do you really think that non-trinity believers are consistently better on these issues? Even on this website we have several non-trinity believers who disagree with you strongly on this issue.

Plus, the issue of Christ's divinity is way more important than this other stuff. So, without disrespect intended, I'm concerned for you too. I don't think there are saved people who do not understand who Jesus Christ is as a person. And I want you to be my sister in Christ.

Non-trins in the forums are no different from the trinity believers as far as violent faith is concerned.

Most if not all non-trins in this site are pro-military which is so disappointing. I am rejected by them mainly because of my anti-military position.

BTW,I am your sister in Christ because I am Jesus' follower. Why don't you accept this simple fact?

Calling Jesus God will not make anyone faithful to Jesus. Following His teachings makes us His brethren.

Christian Liberty

Non-trins in the forums are no different from the trinity believers as far as violent faith is concerned.

Most if not all non-trins in this site are pro-military which is so disappointing. I am rejected by them mainly because of my anti-military position.

BTW,I am your sister in Christ because I am Jesus' follower. Why don't you accept this simple fact?

Calling Jesus God will not make anyone faithful to Jesus. Following His teachings makes us His brethren.

I cannot accept it because a Jesus who is not God is a false Jesus who cannot save. I don't want to insult you by saying that, but I believe it is true, and per Matthew 28:19-20 I am obligated to tell you so.

Works cannot save. Only grace, received through faith, can save.

Perhaps you can post some links to articles that detail your core views then I could ask more questions. I think you answered my initial questions on page 1 of this thread.

I hate to say "read anything by C Jay Engel" but you should really read anything by C Jay Engel, because he's brilliant and I agree with him like 99% of the time.

I'll try to find some specific articles by the end of the day. No promises, though.

drbrumley

Show me a person that has never used any service of the government, and I will show you someone who shouldn't have to help pay to support it.

I oppose the social security tax. That law was written in the 30's. I wasn't here to say yes or no. Now tell me why I am obligated to pay that tax?

Quincy

Show me a person that has never used any service of the government, and I will show you someone who shouldn't have to help pay to support it.

Wouldn't it be better if people could opt in or out of paying into various government programs? Make it clear that once you opt out, you can never receive government assistance and you'd be surprised how many people continue to pay into programs like social security. I wouldn't change anything about what I pay in. I don't think most people would outside of some.... ummm... particularly self oriented individuals... That's the main problem with this country, no spirit of compromise. It's wrong for the majority (of a relatively small group of politically active people) to force everyone to do what they deem fiscally responsible. As an afterthought, it would be good if those people didn't gain unilateral power in our current government, they'd do away with the programs completely. So by compromising, we fix some issues.

Christian Liberty

Wouldn't it be better if people could opt in or out of paying into various government programs? Make it clear that once you opt out, you can never receive government assistance and you'd be surprised how many people continue to pay into programs like social security. I wouldn't change anything about what I pay in. I don't think most people would outside of some.... ummm... particularly self oriented individuals... That's the main problem with this country, no spirit of compromise. It's wrong for the majority (of a relatively small group of politically active people) to force everyone to do what they deem fiscally responsible. As an afterthought, it would be good if those people didn't gain unilateral power in our current government, they'd do away with the programs completely.

Yes, this is a great idea. Some government programs would likely continue to be funded in voluntary fashion, but others likely would not be because private alternatives would work better.

If the programs would be "done away with completely" but people nonetheless wanted them, a non-government entity could form the programs because there would be a demand for them and people would be willing to pay. That said, if the funding is voluntary, then it wouldn't be a problem because it wouldn't be coercive.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
I cannot accept it because a Jesus who is not God is a false Jesus who cannot save. I don't want to insult you by saying that, but I believe it is true, and per Matthew 28:19-20 I am obligated to tell you so.

Works cannot save. Only grace, received through faith, can save.

Jesus says that "if you love Me, keep My commands". Without loving Jesus there is no salvation, period.

You need to come out of wicked church teachings.

Christian Liberty

mehack hates churches. they are all wicked to her. sad

There is a certain kernel of truth to what she says. Most American churches have an idolatrous view of the State and its military. Most American churches scoff at libertarianism because they, knowingly or not, like to steal from their neighbors and kidnap them when they refuse to comply with their arbitrary dictates. Even with the mitigating factors that come with ignorance, these are still great evils.

But these are not problems with the church as an INSTITUTION, rather, it is the product of an idolatrous, self-loving society.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
There is a certain kernel of truth to what she says. Most American churches have an idolatrous view of the State and its military. Most American churches scoff at libertarianism because they, knowingly or not, like to steal from their neighbors and kidnap them when they refuse to comply with their arbitrary dictates. Even with the mitigating factors that come with ignorance, these are still great evils.

But these are not problems with the church as an INSTITUTION, rather, it is the product of an idolatrous, self-loving society.

that's why i choose Christian (other) on my profile. because of bad churches. i just figure everybody knows there are good and bad in EVERY aspect of life. ideally, not in churches, but humans are involved. you touched on the key word "self" self-loving - selfishness in all forms. i say this in many of my posts, EVERY SIN or Crime. without exception, can be traced back to SELF. or mental illness. every person is selfish. the battle between flesh and spirit. self. very very few overcome self completely, maybe Only Jesus. maybe we can, for a moment or for a time, but not always. that's why God came as Jesus. but you knew that. anyway, i used to defend meshak. and i love her. you will see how she treats others soon. i do agree with alot of what she says, but very key things are sticking points between us. but the first time i disagreed with her strongly, she threatened to post a PM i sent. which, i told her, i didn't mind, nothing to hide. that was very childish and uncalled for. just sayin' - if you think i'm mean to her, i just poke her a bit. only when i disagree - :rapture:

Christian Liberty

that's why i choose Christian (other) on my profile. because of bad churches. i just figure everybody knows there are good and bad in EVERY aspect of life. ideally, not in churches, but humans are involved. you touched on the key word "self" self-loving - selfishness in all forms. i say this in many of my posts, EVERY SIN or Crime. without exception, can be traced back to SELF. or mental illness. every person is selfish. the battle between flesh and spirit. self. very very few overcome self completely, maybe Only Jesus. maybe we can, for a moment or for a time, but not always. that's why God came as Jesus. but you knew that. anyway, i used to defend meshak. and i love her. you will see how she treats others soon. i do agree with alot of what she says, but very key things are sticking points between us. but the first time i disagreed with her strongly, she threatened to post a PM i sent. which, i told her, i didn't mind, nothing to hide. that was very childish and uncalled for. just sayin' - if you think i'm mean to her, i just poke her a bit. only when i disagree - :rapture:

I don't think you are mean, and I agree that she is mean without cause at times. I just didn't think the point she was making deserved to be dismissed flippantly, it had nothing to do with her. You weren't necessarily doing that either, I just wanted to discuss it briefly:)

For the record, I still attend a church. Meshak would deem it a "mainstream church". She's partially right in that my church doesn't embrace voluntarism (which I don't like) though it is not nearly as wrapped in flag and empire as most other churches in the US.

Meshak is usually (not always) right on issues of war and peace and violence, but she is very wrong on theology. I have no problems with saying such.