Quotations of the day

FineLinen

Do you know how the ancient refiner knew when he was finished, and the heat could finally be turned down? It was when he looked into the cauldron and saw his own reflection in the shining silver. As long as the image was muddy and rippled with flecks of slag, he knew he had to keep working. When his face finally showed clearly, the silver had been purified. Our Father sees when His refinement is complete.
"This is exactly how it is with our spiritual refining process. God's eternal plan is for us to be conformed to the likeness of His Son. Jesus Christ continues today as the refiner and purifier of His people. As he carefully works on our lives, he keeps looking into us to see his own blessed reflection". ~Jim Cymbala

Last edited:

FineLinen

"Gladly would He free them from their misery, but He knows only one way: He will teach them to be like himself, meek and lowly, bearing with gladness the yoke of His Father's will. This in the one, the only right, the only possible way of freeing them from their sin, the cause of their unrest." -George MacDonald

FineLinen

"To free a man from suffering, he must be set right, put in health; and the health at the root of man's being, his rightness, is to be free from wrongness, that is, from sin. A man is right when there is no wrong in him. I do not mean set free from the sins he has done: that will follow; I mean the sins he is doing, or is capable of doing; the sins in his being which spoil his nature — the wrongness in him — the evil he consents to; the sin he is, which makes him do the sin he does. ~George MacDonald

FineLinen

“The reason why many are still troubled, still seeking, still making little forward progress is because they haven't yet come to the end of themselves. We're still trying to give orders, and interfering with God's work within us. ” - A. W. Tozer

Idolater

"Foundation of the World" Dispensationalist χρ
That is literally all about coming to Mass. The Holy of Holies in the New Covenant is the Real Presence of Jesus in the Eucharist, as He said He is Present wherever two or three are gathered in His name, we know that this means Mass, and has so since Acts 2:42, very early in Acts.

"God wills that we should push on into His presence and live our whole life there." The Real Presence of Christ in the Eucharist is God's presence. Even if you do not partake of the altar, you are still in His presence at Mass, this is why one of the 'charismatic' customs Catholics practice is kneeling during the liturgy of the Eucharist, and kneeling or bowing before receiving the consecrated host. We believe that Jesus is really there with us, and particularly and especially in the Eucharist, so we kneel, because He is after all the King of the universe.

"it is a life to be enjoyed every moment of every day." Again, this is Mass and receiving the Eucharist, we enjoy 'entering the Holy of Holies' weekly, and many Catholics even go every day to Mass, because they are gifted 'enjoyers', their gift is their capacity to enjoy entering the Holy of Holies---speaking of which, did you know that in the Jerusalem Temple, that the Holy of Holies was only entered like once a year. Now, we can enter, and we're not even ordained priests, let alone high priests, but yet, in the New Covenant, it's like we are all high priests, because we enter the Holy of Holies, and we partake of the altar, the Eucharist, which is the Lord Himself, in the flesh, blood, soul and divinity.

Come, to Mass.

FineLinen

"There is nothing small about our God, and when we understand God we will find out that there ought not to be anything small about us. We must have an enlargement of our conception of God, then we will know that we have come to a place where all things are possible, for our God is an omnipotent God for impossible positions." ~Smith Wigglesworth

FineLinen

"Happiness isn’t a conditional state. It’s a state of being. True lasting happiness comes from making an active choice to be happy, rather than depending on external things to make you happy. The more that we seek out happiness, and look for it as if it is a treasure we will find, the less we are feeding the wolf that is inside of us. You already have everything you need to be happy because you are whole as you are, right now. The feeling and experience of happiness comes from feeding the wolf from within. As he becomes bigger and stronger, he will be better equipped to handle life’s challenges. If you choose to feed only him, he will always win." -Alyssa Yeo

1626394133583.png

FineLinen

“For me, trees have always been the most penetrating preachers. I revere them when they live in tribes and families, in forests and groves. And even more I revere them when they stand alone. They are like lonely persons. Not like hermits who have stolen away out of some weakness, but like great, solitary men, like Beethoven and Nietzsche. In their highest boughs the world rustles, their roots rest in infinity; but they do not lose themselves there, they struggle with all the force of their lives for one thing only: to fulfil themselves according to their own laws, to build up their own form, to represent themselves. Nothing is holier, nothing is more exemplary than a beautiful, strong tree. When a tree is cut down and reveals its naked death-wound to the sun, one can read its whole history in the luminous, inscribed disk of its trunk: in the rings of its years, its scars, all the struggle, all the suffering, all the sickness, all the happiness and prosperity stand truly written, the narrow years and the luxurious years, the attacks withstood, the storms endured. And every young farmboy knows that the hardest and noblest wood has the narrowest rings, that high on the mountains and in continuing danger the most indestructible, the strongest, the ideal trees grow." - Herman Hesse, Bäume. Betrachtungen und Gedichte

Attachments

• 1626400427186.png
    1626400427186.png
    481 KB · Views: 1

FineLinen

“Heaven goes by favor. If it went by merit, you would stay out and your dog would go in.” - Mark Twain

“I have come home at last! This is my real country! I belong here. This is the land I have been looking for all my life, though I never knew it till now...Come further up, come further in!” ― C.S. Lewis

Idolater

"Foundation of the World" Dispensationalist χρ
“I have come home at last! This is my real country! I belong here. This is the land I have been looking for all my life, though I never knew it till now...Come further up, come further in!” ― C.S. Lewis
This is my personal experience converting to Catholicism.

Come, to Mass.

FineLinen

"The death of Jesus was the opening and the emptying of the full heart of God; it was the out-gushing of that ocean of infinite mercy that heaved and panted and longed for an outlet; it was God showing how he could love a poor, guilty sinner." - Octavius Winslow

1626535847681.png

Last edited:

FineLinen

My times are in Thy hand;
My God, I wish them there;
My life, my friends, my soul I leave
Entirely to Thy care.

Whatever they may be;
Pleasing or painful, dark or bright,
As best may seem to Thee.

Why should I doubt or fear?
My Father's hand will never cause
His child a needless tear.

My times are in Thy hand,
Jesus, the crucified!
Those hands my cruel sins had pierced
Are now my guard and guide.

My times are in Thy hand,
I'll always trust in Thee;
And, after death, at Thy right hand
I shall forever be.

FineLinen

"It is because we have such shallow views of God's love that we have such defective views of God's dealings. We blindly interpret the symbols of His provisions because we imperfectly read the engravings of His heart." ~Octavious Winslow