Quotations of the day

FineLinen

1626615744579.png

“Do not be afraid to enter the cloud that is settling down on your life. God is in it. The other side is radiant with His glory.” ~ L.B. Cowman

FineLinen

"So completely was Jesus bent upon saving sinners by the sacrifice of Himself, He created the tree upon which He was to die, and nurtured from infancy the men who were to nail Him to the accursed wood." ~Octavius Winslow

"Christ took your cup of grief, your cup of the curse, pressed it to his lips, drank it to its dregs, then filled it with his sweet, pardoning, sympathizing love, and gave it back for you to drink, and to drink forever!" -Octavius Winslow

FineLinen

“I feel as if I were a piece in a game of chess, when my opponent says of it: That piece cannot be moved.” ~ Soren Kierkegaard

“I am somewhat exhausted; I wonder how a battery feels when it pours electricity into a non-conductor?” -A.C. Doyle

"Do not be content with the old anointing. It is essential to a more holy and happy life that you seek to be anointed with new oil. Do not be satisfied with past experiences. Seek to have a new revelation of Christ to your soul. -Octavius Winslow

Last edited:

FineLinen

"Only by walking with God can we hope to find the path that leads to life. That is what it means to be a disciple. After all -- aren't we 'followers of Christ'? Then by all means, let's actually follow him. Not ideas about him. Not just his principles. Him." -John Eldredge

Idolater

"Foundation of the World" Dispensationalist χρ
"Only by walking with God can we hope to find the path that leads to life. That is what it means to be a disciple. After all -- aren't we 'followers of Christ'? Then by all means, let's actually follow him. Not ideas about him. Not just his principles. Him." -John Eldredge
Indeed.

Come, to Mass.

FineLinen

"There are times when life, like a river, is over your head and you feel like you are drowning. Yet, the water from these very rivers wash away your filth. What the water does not remove, the fire purifies." ~ Francis Frangipane

Idolater

"Foundation of the World" Dispensationalist χρ
"There are times when life, like a river, is over your head and you feel like you are drowning. Yet, the water from these very rivers wash away your filth. What the water does not remove, the fire purifies." ~ Francis Frangipane
Actually licitly celebrating /receiving the Eucharist washes away our filth, the Eucharist cleanses us of the consequences for our venial sins.

For grave sins we must reconcile with the Church before receiving again the Eucharist worthily.

Come, to Mass.

FineLinen

“Truth is so obscure in these times, and falsehood so established, that, unless we love the truth, we cannot know it.” ~ Blaise Pascal

"I found I had less and less to say, until finally, I became silent, and began to listen. I discovered in the silence, the voice of God." ~Soren Kierkegaard

FineLinen

"A man prayed, and at first he thought that prayer was talking. But he became more and more quiet until in the end he realized prayer is listening." ~Soren Kierkegaard

1626963540748.png

Last edited:

FineLinen

"Any one who has been touched by grace will no longer look on those who stray as those evil people or those poor people who need our help. Nor must we search for signs of loveworthiness. Grace teaches us that God loves because of who God is, not because of who we are." - Phillips Brooks-

"God loves you without condition or reservation and loves you this moment as you are and not as you should be.' -Brennan Manning-

FineLinen

"The dominant characteristic of an authentic spiritual life is the gratitude that flows from trust not only for all the gifts that I receive from God, but gratitude for all the suffering. Because in that purifying experience, suffering has often been the shortest path to intimacy with God." -Brennan Manning

"The deeper we grow in the Spirit of Jesus Christ, the poorer we become - the more we realize that everything in life is a gift. The tenor of our lives becomes one of humble and joyful thanksgiving. Awareness of our poverty and ineptitude causes us to rejoice in the gift of being called out of darkness into wondrous light and translated into the kingdom of God's beloved Son." -Brennan Manning

1627107508113.png

Last edited:

FineLinen

"Just as in earthly life lovers long for the moment when they are able to breathe forth their love for each other, to let their souls blend in a soft whisper, so the mystic longs for the moment when in prayer he can, as it were, creep into God." ~Soren Kierkegaard

1627202902262.png

Last edited:

FineLinen

"Sad will be the day for every man when he becomes absolutely contented with the life that he is living, with the thoughts that he is thinking, with the deeds that he is doing, when there is not forever beating at the doors of his soul some great desire to do something larger, which he knows that he was meant and made to do because he is the child of God." ~Phillips Brooks

1627159903206.png

Last edited:

FineLinen

"God is not only King and Judge, God is Father he is indeed Father more than anything else. No father could be happy while there were members of his family for ever in agony. No father would count it a triumph to obliterate the disobedient members of his family."

"The only triumph a father can know is to have all his family back home. The only victory love can enjoy is the day when its offer of love is answered by the return of love. The only possible final triumph is a universe loved by and in love with God." -Dr. Wm. Barclay

FineLinen

"We never become truly spiritual by sitting down and wishing to become so. You must undertake something so great that you cannot accomplish it unaided." ~Phillips Brooks