R the 144,000 of Rev 7 the same as the 144,000 of Rev 14?

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Why Dan is not mentioned as being among the 12 tribes to survive the tribulation is not known but you will notice that Dan is to be in the Ezk.37 (the whole house of Israel) resurrection and is given his portion of land in Ezk.48

Yes, I know. Thanks for your response.

iouae

My belief is this, that all of Rev is sequential, a chronological order of end-time events.
Thus I see the 144000 as removed/raptured/sealed and taken to heaven at the 6th seal (Rev 7) and they come back to earth at the 7th trumpet (Rev 14).

The 144000 and in fact all saints are not mentioned between Rev 7 and Rev 14 because they are not on earth, therefore the 6 trumpet plagues do not affect them, which occur between Rev 7 and 14.

Ask Mr. Religion

☞☞☞☞Presbyterian (PCA) &#9
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I'm convinced the figurative 144,000 in Rev 7:4 and Rev. 14:1 are not a remnant of ethnic Jews at the end of the age or a remnant of the church. They are rather the figurative totality of the vast number of God’s people throughout the ages, viewed as true Israelites.

The quantity 144,000 results from the square of 12 multiplied by 1,000, or the multiple of the squares of 10 and 12 multiplied by 10. The use of 12 (and perhaps 10) elevates the figurative idea of completeness. The square of 12 may be simply the number of the tribes of Israel multiplied by itself or, even more likely, the twelve tribes multiplied by the twelve apostles. Rev 21 seems to confirm, wherein the names of the 12 tribes and of the 12 apostles form part of the figurative structure of the heavenly city of God, “the new Jerusalem,” representing the whole people of God dwelling in the midst of God and the Lamb.

AMR

PneumaPsucheSoma

TOL Subscriber
I'm convinced the figurative 144,000 in Rev 7:4 and Rev. 14:1 are not a remnant of ethnic Jews at the end of the age or a remnant of the church. They are rather the figurative totality of the vast number of God’s people throughout the ages, viewed as true Israelites.

The quantity 144,000 results from the square of 12 multiplied by 1,000, or the multiple of the squares of 10 and 12 multiplied by 10. The use of 12 (and perhaps 10) elevates the figurative idea of completeness. The square of 12 may be simply the number of the tribes of Israel multiplied by itself or, even more likely, the twelve tribes multiplied by the twelve apostles. Rev 21 seems to confirm, wherein the names of the 12 tribes and of the 12 apostles form part of the figurative structure of the heavenly city of God, “the new Jerusalem,” representing the whole people of God dwelling in the midst of God and the Lamb.

AMR

Indeed, but you'll likely never convince the (alleged) "literalist" Dispensationalists and other Futurists of this truth. They consider only the tangible to be literal, and have an odd affinity for numerology, etc.