Race For The White House

Race For The White House

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

rexlunae

She long ago sold her soul to corporate America.

I don't totally disagree.

THAT is what is reflected in her lack lustre....she cain't promise what she knows corporate America will not allow her to deliver. She has trim down everything she says to the point of shouting generalities

As far as being lack-lustre, I think that's true, but it's partially a result of experience. She fought for universal health care in the 1990s, and lost. She supported Obamacare. President Obama wanted a public option, but gave it up in order to pass something in the face of Democratic opposition. Sometimes you just have to recognize that the perfect shouldn't be the enemy of the good. After that fight, it's easy to see why reopening that fight would be unappealing. And it's going to be a real fight if Bernie does get the chance to have it. But I still think it's worth it. And I think Clinton is a little too prone to preemptive compromise.

We are for the middle class
we are for students
we are for "conversations" about gun control
we are for "conversations" about immigration
about Wall St
We are for women

It is all vague and unspecific....Sanders says what he intends to DO, as of course so does Trump.

Of course, campaigns have to generalize and gloss over the details for the sake of messaging. Sanders actually does this more than Clinton, and it's one of the reasons he comes across as more authentic. He consistently delivers simple ideas without getting lost in the details, which speaks to his skill as a politician. Clinton seems to get bogged down by the difficulties a lot. I can't fault her for appreciating how hard what she's discussing is, though.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
She long ago sold her soul to corporate America. THAT is what is reflected in her lack lustre....she cain't promise what she knows corporate America will not allow her to deliver. She has trim down everything she says to the point of shouting generalities

We are for the middle class
we are for students
we are for "conversations" about gun control
we are for "conversations" about immigration
about Wall St
We are for women

It is all vague and unspecific....Sanders says what he intends to DO, as of course so does Trump.

She wants America to "be whole" again. Hillary is a joke

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
I don't totally disagree.

As far as being lack-lustre, I think that's true, but it's partially a result of experience. She fought for universal health care in the 1990s, and lost. She supported Obamacare. President Obama wanted a public option, but gave it up in order to pass something in the face of Democratic opposition. Sometimes you just have to recognize that the perfect shouldn't be the enemy of the good. After that fight, it's easy to see why reopening that fight would be unappealing. And it's going to be a real fight if Bernie does get the chance to have it. But I still think it's worth it. And I think Clinton is a little too prone to preemptive compromise.

Of course, campaigns have to generalize and gloss over the details for the sake of messaging. Sanders actually does this more than Clinton, and it's one of the reasons he comes across as more authentic. He consistently delivers simple ideas without getting lost in the details, which speaks to his skill as a politician. Clinton seems to get bogged down by the difficulties a lot. I can't fault her for appreciating how hard what she's discussing is, though.

Healthcare only works successfully if it is universal and single provider....it becomes a money magnet

john w

Hall of Fame
Healthcare only works successfully if it is universal and single provider....it becomes a money magnet
05147_lg.jpeg

Comrad-ette TL.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
As things stand today, the trade unions in my opinion cannot be dispensed with. On the contrary, they are among the most important institutions of the nation's economic life. Their significance lies not only in the social and political field, but even more in the general field of national politics. A people whose broad masses, through a sound trade-union movement, obtain the satisfaction of their living requirements and at the same time an education, will be tremendously strengthened in its power of resistance in the struggle for existence

Who said it. Without google. A Republican or a Democrat? You don't even have to give his name.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
The Republicans and conservatives in general have spent a generation fostering a political climate in which facts don't exist. Trump is the ultimate realization of that project, and it may destroy the GOP, or usher in something that looks like actual fascism.
I heard someone today call Trump a neo fascist

Foxfire

Edit (post Google): Ah, ok. I guess I don't see the point you're making.

Making a comparison with the Republican party of the early 50's maybe?

Today in America, unions have a secure place in our industrial life. Only a handful of reactionaries harbor the ugly thought of breaking unions and depriving working men and women of the right to join the union of their choice. I have no use for those -- regardless of their political party -- who hold some vain and foolish dream of spinning the clock back to days when organized labor was huddled, almost as a hapless mass. Only a fool would try to deprive working men and women of the right to join the union of their choice.

~Dwight D. Eisenhower

Delmar

Patron Saint of SMACK
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I'm still a Cruz supporter, and I think that he has a chance, especially if Kasich and Rubio get out fairly soon.
His best chance now, in my opinion, is if Kasich takes Ohio and Trump takes Florida. This denies Trump the Ohio Delegates and gets Rubio out of the race. After Ohio, Kasich is never going to pick up enough to even be a nuisance.

Then, if Cruz takes Missouri and gets a fair amount of delegates in Illinois and North Carolina he really does have the two man race he has been needing.

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
I'm still a Cruz supporter, and I think that he has a chance, especially if Kasich and Rubio get out fairly soon. I would never vote for Clinton under any circumstances. She deserves to be in prison, and there's a good chance that she will be.

I don't know what to say about Trump, considering recent events. He's tripped over his ego and done some boneheaded things. Trump would already be out if this election was 10 years ago. I have no idea why he keeps pushing his self-destruct button.

Me, too, from the start!

His best chance now, in my opinion, is if Kasich takes Ohio and Trump takes Florida. This denies Trump the Ohio Delegates and gets Rubio out of the race. After Ohio, Kasich is never going to pick up enough to even be a nuisance.

Yeah, I think so, too!

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
The timeframe would potentially change my answer. Maybe a Republican in the 1970s?

Edit (post Google): Ah, ok. I guess I don't see the point you're making.

Mitt Romney, John Kasich, Chris Christie, John McCain....are the union candidates? Is that your final answer? We have another challenger to shaggy and Trad as biggest morons on TOL.

rocketman

Resident Rocket Surgeon
Hall of Fame

Then, if Cruz takes Missouri and gets a fair amount of delegates in Illinois and North Carolina he really does have the two man race he has been needing.

:thumb:

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Since every war imposes on the people fearful sacrifices in life and property, all personal profit arising from the war must be regarded as a crime against the people. We therefore demand the total confiscation of all war profits whether in assets or material.

We demand the nationalization of businesses which have been organized into cartels.

We demand that all the profits from wholesale trade shall be shared out.

We demand a land reform in accordance with our national requirements, and the enactment of a law to confiscate from the owners without compensation any land needed for the common purpose. The abolition of ground rents, and the prohibition of all speculation in land.

My hint is that this is not a communist, so that rules out Bernie Sanders. It does leave the door open for B. Hussein Obama. (not him but close)

Oh, I will just give it to you since Rex looked on google and then threw out a "Republican" when he knew it was liberal Hitler.

Germany has an annual increase in population of nearly nine hundred thousand souls. The difficulty of feeding this army of new citizens must grow greater from year to year and ultimately end in catastrophe, unless ways and means are found to forestall the danger of starvation and misery in time... Without doubt the productivity of the soil can be increased up to a certain limit. But only up to a certain limit, and not continuously without end..... But even with the greatest limitation on the one hand and the utmost industry on other, here again a limit will one day be reached, created by the soil itself. With the utmost toil it will not be possible to obtain any more from it, and then, though postponed for a certain time, catastrophe again manifests itself