Reasoning and Common Sense Theology

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
I would have to get off my knees in order to get up on your high horse.

It would be better to start with the other writers of the Bible so I don't end up twisting Paul's words to my own destruction the way the people that only listen to Paul have done.

2 Peter 3:15-16
15 And account that the longsuffering of our Lord is salvation; even as our beloved brother Paul also according to the wisdom given unto him hath written unto you;
16 As also in all his epistles, speaking in them of these things; in which are some things hard to be understood, which they that are unlearned and unstable wrest, as they do also the other scriptures, unto their own destruction.​

So, that's your reason for not reading/studying Paul's writings? After
all, he was writing to the Gentiles. I suspect you're one of those,
correct? Or, do you prefer to live according under the law, as a Gentile?

It's your choice to do so. Well, I understand. You're another, "Other."

genuineoriginal

So, that's your reason for not reading/studying Paul's writings?
You must have me confused with someone else.
I read and study the entire Bible.

After all, he was writing to the Gentiles. I suspect you're one of those,
correct?
Peter was warning against reading Paul's letters if you are unstable and unlearned, since that means you (yes, you) will wrest Paul's writings to your own destruction.

There is a cure for being unlearned:

2 Timothy 2:15
15 Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.​

That does not mean studying Paul's writings and ignoring the rest.
It means to study what Paul studied so you can understand what Paul was speaking about.

Acts 28:23
23 And when they had appointed him a day, there came many to him into his lodging; to whom he expounded and testified the kingdom of God, persuading them concerning Jesus, both out of the law of Moses, and out of the prophets, from morning till evening.​

Or, do you prefer to live according under the law, as a Gentile?

It's your choice to do so. Well, I understand. You're another, "Other."
Do you prefer to make the law void through faith?
I don't understand why you would do something that Paul says God would forbid.

Romans 3:31
31 Do we then make void the law through faith? God forbid: yea, we establish the law.​

Maybe you should become learned and find out what it means to establish the law.

Lon

We are all saved. Universalism is the only theology that makes any sense.
:nono: No, but this explains a lot about you. You don't even understand the scriptures as mythic morals that you claim them to be :( Now you are perma-banned and will likely never be corrected on your faulty thinking :(

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
Truth is learned by reasoning and common sense.

Isaiah said, "Come now, and let us reason together, saith the Lord: though your sins be as scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they be like crimson, they shall be as wool" Isaiah 1:18.

If the scripture says that the Lord is long-suffering toward us and is not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance, 2 Peter 3:9. Then should we not believe that God is just and Merciful? Common sense should tell us that with very little reasoning.

If the scripture says that God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten Son, John 3:16. Then should we not believe that God wants ALL MEN to be saved and that he is not willing that any should perish?

If Isaiah said that our sins can be as white as snow. Then should we not believe that God has provided a way for our sins to be made as white as snow? Reasoning and common sense tells us that God can make our sins as white as snow.

If the scripture says that Jesus has reconciled us and the world unto God, 2 Corinthians 5:18, 19. Then why should we not believe the apostle Paul? Why believe what men say? Common sense should tell us that Paul being an apostle of Jesus Christ is a truthful an honest man.

The Bible portrays God as being just, merciful and righteous. Why not give God the credit and believe that he is? "Come let us reason together, saith the Lord. Reasoning and common sense should tell us that God loves us and the whole created order.

If the scripture says that it is God's will that all men would be saved and come into the knowledge of the truth, 1 Timothy 2:4. Common sense should tell us that God is for us and not against us. Jesus was not only God with us, he was God for us.

Come let us reason together and have common sense, so that we can see and believe the wonderful thing that God has done for us in his Son Jesus Christ. "Though your sins be as scarlet they can be as white as snow".

What is so very good and kind about God is that He will take what is His word of a message like this and despite the cranky theology which you add to it, God will use it for His glory.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
You must have me confused with someone else.
I read and study the entire Bible.

Peter was warning against reading Paul's letters if you are unstable and unlearned, since that means you (yes, you) will wrest Paul's writings to your own destruction.

There is a cure for being unlearned:

2 Timothy 2:15
15 Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.​

That does not mean studying Paul's writings and ignoring the rest.
It means to study what Paul studied so you can understand what Paul was speaking about.

Acts 28:23
23 And when they had appointed him a day, there came many to him into his lodging; to whom he expounded and testified the kingdom of God, persuading them concerning Jesus, both out of the law of Moses, and out of the prophets, from morning till evening.​

Do you prefer to make the law void through faith?
I don't understand why you would do something that Paul says God would forbid.

Romans 3:31
31 Do we then make void the law through faith? God forbid: yea, we establish the law.​

Maybe you should become learned and find out what it means to establish the law.

I would rather not learn anything from you and your ilk.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
I would have to get off my knees in order to get up on your high horse.

It would be better to start with the other writers of the Bible so I don't end up twisting Paul's words to my own destruction the way the people that only listen to Paul have done.

2 Peter 3:15-16
15 And account that the longsuffering of our Lord is salvation; even as our beloved brother Paul also according to the wisdom given unto him hath written unto you;
16 As also in all his epistles, speaking in them of these things; in which are some things hard to be understood, which they that are unlearned and unstable wrest, as they do also the other scriptures, unto their own destruction.​

Another "Other" speaks.

Robert Pate

Banned
Genuine ought to be ignored. He's got some real problems.

On his mast head he refers to himself as a "Christian other".

What is a Christian "Other"?

I don't think that there is such a thing as a "Christian other".

You are either a Christian or you are not a Christian.

whitestone

Truth is learned by reasoning and common sense.

Isaiah said, "Come now, and let us reason together, saith the Lord: though your sins be as scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they be like crimson, they shall be as wool" Isaiah 1:18.

If the scripture says that the Lord is long-suffering toward us and is not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance, 2 Peter 3:9. Then should we not believe that God is just and Merciful? Common sense should tell us that with very little reasoning.

If the scripture says that God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten Son, John 3:16. Then should we not believe that God wants ALL MEN to be saved and that he is not willing that any should perish?

If Isaiah said that our sins can be as white as snow. Then should we not believe that God has provided a way for our sins to be made as white as snow? Reasoning and common sense tells us that God can make our sins as white as snow.

If the scripture says that Jesus has reconciled us and the world unto God, 2 Corinthians 5:18, 19. Then why should we not believe the apostle Paul? Why believe what men say? Common sense should tell us that Paul being an apostle of Jesus Christ is a truthful an honest man.

The Bible portrays God as being just, merciful and righteous. Why not give God the credit and believe that he is? "Come let us reason together, saith the Lord. Reasoning and common sense should tell us that God loves us and the whole created order.

If the scripture says that it is God's will that all men would be saved and come into the knowledge of the truth, 1 Timothy 2:4. Common sense should tell us that God is for us and not against us. Jesus was not only God with us, he was God for us.

Come let us reason together and have common sense, so that we can see and believe the wonderful thing that God has done for us in his Son Jesus Christ. "Though your sins be as scarlet they can be as white as snow".

I really like this post R.P. especially the sentence you coined ,,,"...that God loves us AND THE WHOLE CREATED ORDER."

Why I say this is because of the "created order". In the scriptural created order we are told Colossians 1:15 KJV that the first born of every creature is our "Savior" and common sense should reason that this was no afterthought of God.

So for anyone to think for a second that God formed them and sent them into the world to act as "their own Savior" by their own works completely negates the order of creation. That is God did not create man(Adam) and as he and his offspring began to multiply and sin find it necessary to create an Savior, but in it's exact order first was the Savior,then those who needed salvation.

Robert Pate

Banned
I really like this post R.P. especially the sentence you coined ,,,"...that God loves us AND THE WHOLE CREATED ORDER."

Why I say this is because of the "created order". In the scriptural created order we are told Colossians 1:15 KJV that the first born of every creature is our "Savior" and common sense should reason that this was no afterthought of God.

So for anyone to think for a second that God formed them and sent them into the world to act as "their own Savior" by their own works completely negates the order of creation. That is God did not create man(Adam) and as he and his offspring began to multiply and sin find it necessary to create an Savior, but in it's exact order first was the Savior,then those who needed salvation.

Glad that you liked the article.

Jesus will return to restore the fallen created order, Romans 8:22, 23.

What a day that is going to be.

genuineoriginal

A Christian "other" is someone who is a follower and disciple of Jesus Christ outside of organized religion, which some of us believe is corrupt.
The entire Bible shows how God always chooses someone outside of organized religion to bring His messages to the people, because that is the only way to find people that will listen to His words.

Since Pate is always bashing "religion" in his posts, he really needs to change his designation from Protestant Christian to Christian (other).

Robert Pate

Banned
The entire Bible shows how God always chooses someone outside of organized religion to bring His messages to the people, because that is the only way to find people that will listen to His words.

Since Pate is always bashing "religion" in his posts, he really needs to change his designation from Protestant Christian to Christian (other).

You don't know what a Christian is.

A Christian is someone that lives by faith, because he has been justified by faith. Paul said, "The Just Shall Live By Faith" Romans 1:17.

A Christian does not live by laws rules or religion. Those are things of the flesh. A Christian lives by Spirit.

genuineoriginal

You don't know what a Christian is.
A Christian is someone that believes that Jesus is the Messiah (Christ), and has given up their life to Him.

A Christian is someone that lives by faith, because he has been justified by faith. Paul said, "The Just Shall Live By Faith" Romans 1:17.
Yes, and I have previously corrected your misunderstandings of "just" and "faith" as used by Paul.
"Just" is a word used by the translators of the KJV as a synonym for "righteous".
"Faith" in the quote by Paul from Habakkuk 2:4 is אֱמוּנָה 'emuwnah.

אֱמוּנָה 'emuwnah
__firmness, fidelity, steadfastness, steadiness
FROM אֵמוּן 'emuwn
__faithfulness, trusting
__faithful, trusty
FROM אָמַן 'aman
__to support, confirm, be faithful

You can't have the "Faith" Paul was speaking of without actions to match it.

A Christian does not live by laws rules or religion. Those are things of the flesh. A Christian lives by Spirit.
A Christian does not reject laws and rules.
Your objections to religion are a rejection of Christianity itself.

You reject the Spirit in your rejection of the duties of a Christian, and are left with nothing but living in your flesh.