Theology Club: Repent and be Baptized...for the Remission of Sins

Jerry Shugart

how your using it is in error

That is ridiculous and of course you offered nothing in the way of proof that they way I used it is in error:

"Very truly I tell you, whoever hears my word and believes him who sent me has eternal life and will not be judged but has crossed over from death to life" (Jn.5:24).​

I said that those words were spoken to the Jews who lived under the law. Do you deny that what I said is the truth?

And His words spoken to them are clear. The only thing He said that was required for salvation was to believe.

Do you deny that?

way 2 go

That is ridiculous and of course you offered nothing in the way of proof that they way I used it is in error:

"Very truly I tell you, whoever hears my word and believes him who sent me has eternal life and will not be judged but has crossed over from death to life" (Jn.5:24).​

I said that those words were spoken to the Jews who lived under the law. Do you deny that what I said is the truth?

And His words spoken to them are clear. The only thing He said that was required for salvation was to believe.

Do you deny that?

1Sa 28:16 And Samuel said, "Why then do you ask me, since the LORD has turned from you and become your enemy?

Jerry Shugart

1Sa 28:16 And Samuel said, "Why then do you ask me, since the LORD has turned from you and become your enemy?

I have already quoted what the Lord Jesus said to the Jews who lived under the law but you just refuse to believe what He said:

Do you deny that?

Now I am sure that you will not answer my questions and instead you will run and hide from them. Not only that, but you try to change the subject to something that happens thousands of years before the baptism of Acts 2:38.

Jerry Shugart

No, it was necessary for the remission of sins (Acts 2:38 KJV). Their salvation is future (Acts 3:19-21 KJV, Romans 11:26-27 KJV, 1 Peter 1:9-13 KJV).

Their salvation was future?

Come on, don't you know that they were already redeemed by the blood of Jesus Christ (1 Pet.18-19)?

Or perhaps you want to argue that even though they were redeemed by the blood of the Lamb that they were still not saved? All of them who believed were given eternal life and none of them will ever perish:

"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life"
(Jn.3:16).​

You have been given some bad information and you still cling to that false teaching even though you have already been shown that you are wrong. Now you are leading others astray.

Jerry Shugart

Is, not was! The evidence is overwhelming! Zechariah 13:1 KJV, Acts 3:19-21 KJV, Romans 11:26-27 KJV, Hebrews 8:8-12 KJV, 1 Peter 1:9-13 KJV

You fail to understand that the verses to which you refer are speaking of a future time when ALL Israel will be saved. But individual Jews were being saved during the first century.

Or do you want to argue that the Jews who Peter said had been redeemed by the blood of the Lord Jesus were not yet saved?

Jerry Shugart

Your accusation does not change the overwhelming evidence that their salvation is future.

So even though Peter tells the Jewish believers that they are redeemed by the blood of the Lord Jesus they were not saved?

And even though he told them that they were born again they were not yet saved?

And even though John told the Jewish believers that they have been given eternal life and that life is in Jesus Christ they weren't yet saved?

And even though the author of Hebrews tells the Jewish believers that they have been perfected forever they were not yet saved?

And even though the same author told the Jewish believers that they have obtained eternal redemption they were not yet saved?

You are totally confused!

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
So even though Peter tells the Jewish believers that they are redeemed by the blood of the Lord Jesus they were not saved?

And even though he told them that they were born again they were not yet saved?

And even though John told the Jewish believers that they have been given eternal life and that life is in Jesus Christ they weren't yet saved?

And even though the author of Hebrews tells the Jewish believers that they have been perfected forever they were not yet saved?

And even though the same author told the Jewish believers that they have obtained eternal redemption they were not yet saved?

You are totally confused!

Those who believed in Christ were saved. She means those who would not receive Him as savior.

Nang

TOL Subscriber
Those who believed in Christ were saved. She means those who would not receive Him as savior.

The saving Gospel of God is not contingent upon human reception.

Human reception of faith to believe the Gospel of God, is His miraculous gift of grace . . alone.

Soli Gratia!

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
The saving Gospel of God is not contingent upon human reception.

Human reception of faith to believe the Gospel of God, is His miraculous gift of grace . . alone.

Soli Gratia!
That is the humans as manufactured puppet theory.

Nang

TOL Subscriber
That is the humans as manufactured puppet theory.

No ... the Gospel is defined as being God's work, alone. To His glory, alone.

Given to sinners through the gift of grace, alone, by faith, alone, in the righteousness of Jesus Christ, alone, as revealed in the Holy Scriptures, alone.

You will be hard pressed to present biblical evidence that argues or negates any one of these truths.

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
No ... the Gospel is defined as being God's work, alone. To His glory, alone.

Given to sinners through the gift of grace, alone, by faith, alone, in the righteousness of Jesus Christ, alone, as revealed in the Holy Scriptures, alone.

You will be hard pressed to present biblical evidence that argues or negates any one of these truths.
That is about the same as I believe, yet people must be more than puppets!

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
Do you consider Jesus Christ to have been a "puppet?"

Why ask me stupid questions, I dislike stupid questions.
Now show me the part were humans must make an effort to seek faith to read the Gospel and have a chance to be saved. There is no way all people are randomly picked for salvation. Otherwise we would be like animals scratching ourselves in public.

Nang

TOL Subscriber
Why ask me stupid questions, I dislike stupid questions.

I have no idea why you consider the question to be stupid.

You seem to imply that sinners must attain righteousness to some degree, to please God, instead of totally depending upon their Saviour for such.

Otherwise, you claim they are "puppets."

There is no way all people are randomly picked for salvation. Otherwise we would be like animals scratching ourselves in public.

Now, that is a stupid post . . . and a denial of God's grace providing salvation to undeserving sinners, according to His efficiaous will, rather than their ineffectual works.

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
I have no idea why you consider the question to be stupid.

You seem to imply that sinners must attain righteousness to some degree, to please God, instead of totally depending upon their Saviour for such.

Otherwise, you claim they are "puppets."

Now, that is a stupid post . . . and a denial of God's grace providing salvation to undeserving sinners, according to His efficiaous will, rather than their ineffectual works.

you mean efficacious?
It is stupid to suggest anything lowly as pertaining to Jesus.

You still do not explain how humans come to faith in Christ, if they have no ability to come to faith by their will to believe.

Nang

TOL Subscriber
you mean efficacious?

Yep. Sorry for the spelling error.

It is stupid to suggest anything lowly as pertaining to Jesus.

My point, exactly.

Jesus Christ was righteous in His Person, and those regenerated to faith are imputed with His righteousness . . . by grace alone . . . so what else is needed to be right with God, other than the gift of faith?

You still do not explain how humans come to faith in Christ, if they have no ability to come to faith by their will to believe.

Regeneration.* The power of the Holy Spirit who changes the heart, mind, and wills of men, granting them repentance from sin and ability to trust in Jesus Christ for righteousness and everlasting life. *John 3:1-8

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
You are right there, about Grace, always capitalize "Grace' It is surely God and therefore from God, as Holy Spirit. It does make one regenerated, yes! Yet there has to be a reason one receives Grace while another does not, and it would be so with Adam, who lost his faith, so shall we find faith without seeing. Jesus had told Thomas. "believe without seeing".

'surely', that does look right?