Report: Justice Antonin Scalia found dead

User Name

Greatest poster ever
Banned
Seems he died suddenly in his sleep at age 79. I can't think of a more peaceful way to go.

Why did you post Proverbs 8:36?

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
Seems he died suddenly in his sleep at age 79. I can't think of a more peaceful way to go.
Is 57:21, Heb 10:31
Why did you post Proverbs 8:36?
He was
kill.gif
a child killer (Pr 23:7). Now he knows justice (Deut 32:4). :burnlib:

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
Texas governor Greg Abbott released a statement about Justice Scalia:

Justice Antonin Scalia was a man of God, a patriot, and an unwavering defender of the written Constitution and the Rule of Law. He was the solid rock who turned away so many attempts to depart from and distort the Constitution. His fierce loyalty to the Constitution set an unmatched example, not just for judges and lawyers, but for all Americans. We mourn his passing, and we pray that his successor on the Supreme Court will take his place as a champion for the written Constitution and the Rule of Law...

Rest in Peace Antonin Scalia

Antonin_Scalia_Official_SCOTUS_Portrait_1455401089091_31861966_ver1.0_640_480.jpg

kiwimacahau

Nope, he was not. The Bible is quite silent on abortion for the simple reason that a foetus is not considered a child until one month post birth (for boy children, longer for girls.) Only then were they numbered among the "children of Israel. "

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
RIP Antonin Scalia.

This is going to be very interesting. An election year, and an open spot on the Supreme Court.

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
RIP. Thoughts and prayers to his family and friends and colleagues.

Yes I had the same thought. Such a shocking death and wonder what it will mean for upcoming cases.

Me too. Very shocking, I saw it at Drudge, and it took a moment to sink in. I'm very sorry for their loss, and I hesitated to say more because it seems insensitive, but it's a fact that the timing is momentous.

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
Justice Scalia will be sorely missed and very difficult to replace. His family will be in my prayers.

So far the only grave spitters are two that are supposedly Christian. Without a doubt the baby murderers and sodomites at websites like HuffPo are partying it up big time over Scalia's death, maybe the thread's author and her buddy can go join them?

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
You could start with a point-by-point refutation of the information listed here: http://prolifeprofiles.com/antonin-scalia-and-abortion

The Youtube video I posted pretty much said it all.

Roe v Wade lacks due process of the law.

Due Process of Law

A fundamental, constitutional guarantee that all legal proceedings will be fair and that one will be given notice of the proceedings and an opportunity to be heard before the government acts to take away one's life, liberty, or property. Also, a constitutional guarantee that a law shall not be unreasonable, Arbitrary, or capricious.

The constitutional guarantee of due process of law, found in the Fifth and Fourteenth Amendments to the U.S. Constitution, prohibits all levels of government from arbitrarily or unfairly depriving individuals of their basic constitutional rights to life, liberty, and property. The due process clause of the Fifth Amendment, ratified in 1791, asserts that no person shall "be deprived of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law
http://legal-dictionary.thefreedictionary.com/Due+Process+of+Law

Buzzword

Did anyone else hear "found dead on a hunting trip" and instantly think "CHENEY'S AT IT AGAIN!"?

On an unrelated note, one of two events will result from this, and either will result in the overturning of Citizens United.
1) President Obama appoints a liberal judge, finally ending years of conservative majority in the Court.
2) Republicans stall the process until the election, a Democrat wins, and appoints Barack Obama to the Court, finally ending years of conservative majority in the Court.