Resources for Homeschoolers

heir

TOL Subscriber
Poly-

I know you posted the list of homeschool links over two years ago, but I'm going to thank you now anyway. Thank you.....:D

johana

Thanks for the links. I'm probably misappropriating them given that I'm looking for kitchen chemistry science experiments for my mum who teaches 3rd grade. :chuckle:

She's been struggling to find ideas for practical experiments with scientific explanations. I sent her some of the links already posted but if anyone else has anymore, it'd be appreciated. A lot of the stuff she's found are single use kits that you have to pay for. She's happy to pay for ingredients, but she really wants something practical to get her kids excited about learning that wont drain her back pocket more by making her buy a book or 25 kits... :)

alexb

BANNED
Banned
As am all for teaching your children yourself, probably because I am still young and never liked school, but I can't help but think that homeschooling your children would only hurt them. Children need to interact with people, different from themselves, with different ideas and behaviors. If a child grows up learning only that God made people, and that he doesn't destroy bad people anymore because his son died, then it will be a HUGE shock to thier systems when they hear the idea that people evolved from fish and monkies. Home schooling is for parents who are afriad to let their children think freely, which, according to that bible of yours, says God gave us cuz he wuvs us.

Home schooling children is subjecting them to a lifetime of alienation in the real world. This was made painfully clear to me after a man who went by the name of Phat bowser came into my forum life on an old forum.

Elyon

As am all for teaching your children yourself, probably because I am still young and never liked school, but I can't help but think that homeschooling your children would only hurt them. Children need to interact with people, different from themselves, with different ideas and behaviors. If a child grows up learning only that God made people, and that he doesn't destroy bad people anymore because his son died, then it will be a HUGE shock to thier systems when they hear the idea that people evolved from fish and monkies. Home schooling is for parents who are afriad to let their children think freely, which, according to that bible of yours, says God gave us cuz he wuvs us.

Home schooling children is subjecting them to a lifetime of alienation in the real world. This was made painfully clear to me after a man who went by the name of Phat bowser came into my forum life on an old forum.

Yes, we can all see what public schooling produces. :chuckle:

Shadow9997

This I would state would be quite false. People liken Ben Franklin where homeschooled and many other founding fathers. And I don't know about you or what you know about Ben Franklin, but he was not alienated by the world because he was homeschooled.

Also in school kids, by the majority of their time, only talk to their peers and don't on a usual basis have conversations with people of different ages. In homeschooling on the other hand you speak to people of all ages (usually parent).

As far as thinking freely, what type of free-thinking do you get in public school. Also another note, the lable "free thinker" is actually quite funny and in the most sorrowful way, pathetic. If you read history or study it, the objective of the free thinker is to destroy the free thinker before him.

I would say homeschooling is more like the real world. Because, like what the robinson cirriculum teaches, you have to teach yourself. And now yes in middle and high school you have a teacher right beside you telling you how you should "strive to do better", in college they can care less if you show up, just as long as you pay :D . That is true alienation of study. Also please note, by no means am I saying that you will not meet alienating people, there are weird people and if you argument is that you might meet one, then I would say it would be more likely at public school.

Also California did a study along with several other states and it was proven that homeschoolers not only do better as far as grade wise in school, but also socially more active within the communitee.

-Shadow9997

touched

Hello Polly thanks for posting the homeschooling references I really appreciate it and it shows that you really care for people I guess that's why you're the only person on my friends list I haven't made many posts in a long time but I have stopped in periodically. To read some of yours can I just thank you for your commitment to Christ and to other believers thanks

Poly

Blessed beyond measure
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
First day of our homeschool co-op. We have 11 families participating; 31 students and 12 teachers. We're having a blast!

Demon Buster

Hi Poly, I have two children ages 7 and 11 .
I am a expat in china where both children have been raised.
do you have any info on home schooling for there ages, there math is ok but I need resources on English for both there ages.

Blessings
DB

gregory1971

It's funny to me. I have never imposed my beliefs on anyone. I don't refrain from speaking about my relationship with Christ, but I do not accost anyone with it.
People in the secular world don't want those bible thumping Christians around. So for one reason or another people home school their children. They are away from the secular schools. Why are the atheist secular left wing fascist coming into chats like this. I think that secretly they are afraid. They don't want to give up there self involved secular life but secretly are worried that they have made a bad decision. They need support in what they chose is correct. Just baffles me. God Bless them.

Posted from the TOL App!

Miylee

Resources for Homeschoolers

If you are using "answers in genesis" as a resource for homeschooling than you should seriously rethink public schools. those ppl are not Christians. They are kooks. Up there with The koolaid guys.

Miylee

It's funny to me. I have never imposed my beliefs on anyone. I don't refrain from speaking about my relationship with Christ, but I do not accost anyone with it.
People in the secular world don't want those bible thumping Christians around. So for one reason or another people home school their children. They are away from the secular schools. Why are the atheist secular left wing fascist coming into chats like this. I think that secretly they are afraid. They don't want to give up there self involved secular life but secretly are worried that they have made a bad decision. They need support in what they chose is correct. Just baffles me. God Bless them.

Posted from the TOL App!

Why so angry!?

Delmar

Patron Saint of SMACK
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
If you are using "answers in genesis" as a resource for homeschooling than you should seriously rethink public schools. those ppl are not Christians. They are kooks. Up there with The koolaid guys.

Just call me kooky!