Skeeter

Banned
220820164601-02-opinion-cartoons-0820.jpg

Jefferson

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
The Republican Party is so dominated by MAGA that most of them won't even dispute the 2020 election.
That couldn't possibly have anything to do with the topic being censored off the major social media platforms, could it?

User Name

Greatest poster ever
Banned
That couldn't possibly have anything to do with the topic being censored off the major social media platforms, could it?
So then, what you're actually saying is that the Republican Party is being dominated by the censorship of social media platforms and not by MAGA? Got it.

Gary K

Banned
I didn't know that. Did you know those fake MAGA "Patriot Front" losers are likely members of the Ukrainian Azov movement also?
I hadn't read anything on that as I've been really focused on Ukraine for the last few months. Odd isn't that Nazi's get visas into the US juwst in time for January 6.

Oh, and a bunch of the Azov people were at Charlottesville too. The CIA brings in whoever they want when they want.

Arthur Brain

Many scientists are Christian but also believe in evolution. Young earthers are rightfully drummed out of fields relevant to the belief because of the evidence. Other fields like the social sciences would not necessarily care.
Yep, there were two professors on here who tried to educate how evolution wasn't the 'boogeyman' where it came to Christianity and science.

Yorzhik

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I do not need to do anything. If anyone wants clarification on anything I say, I am happy to provide it. I simply mean those who value the empirical method. This, of course, include scientists.
Then according to your definition people that believe in life after death are more scientifically minded.

It is helpful to note that upwards of 59% of scientists do not believe in a deity as compared 15% of the general population.
Why? How are scientists better equipped to evaluate whether there is a deity or not relative to any other scientifically minded person? They aren't.

But we do know a couple things. First, philosophically, a deity is more likely. You can't even argue against this without having to justify the origin of logic and reason - something outside science.

But even further, study of the natural world disproves the idea of common descent, which is consistent with the bible.

I sometimes try to skip over blatant drivel rather than engage with it, but sense you keep bringing this up: No, it is obviously not correct. People who simply vote based on personal values that are based on religion ( or conservative in general) are not proposing theocracy. People who want to change the structure of government so religious principles automatically reign are. People who want to abolish the separation of church and state likewise are. Where was this unclear?
That is not what a theocracy is. See? It wasn't blatant drivel - you learned something!

Firstly , your definition doesn't make sense since voting changes the structure of government. Do you see where the two sets of people in your definition are not exclusive in the US? To make it even clearer, there are no religious people calling for the US to no longer be a republic.

Secondly, people that want the church to have a say in government could very well be proposing freedom, not theocracy. It's a very muddy subject since it's hard to be sure of intentions and what exactly constitutes a church or where a state begins or ends. To say "the government cannot dictate what religion people are supposed to be" is worlds different from saying "religious people are allowed to implement their opinion on governmental policy as much as non-religious/differently-religious people". Framing the topic as "the separation of church and state" should be avoided because of its ambiguity.

A theocracy is when a god, or a human representative speaking for a god, is actively involved with decisions that rule a nation. Ancient Israel had a theocracy because God not only dictated their initial law book, but frequently intervened in their current affairs, and kept a direct line open for questions through the priests and prophets. There have been other theocracies, one I remember reading about where a spiritual leader of an Indian tribe kept a hands-on approach to any aspect of the rules in daily life by speaking for their god. And I'm sure that has happened a lot in history (possibly even Christian spiritual leaders). It also means having a theocracy in a democracy/republic is practically impossible.

But that is not what religious people in the US are doing today. The vast majority of religious people don't claim to speak for God at all. The vast majority of Christians take the bible as history and attempt to learn from it to implement political policy along with any other aspect of life.

Perhaps we can get a clearer idea of your theocracy fears if we get an example of what governmental structure you think Christians are trying to change to make a theocracy. Remember, it can't be "abolishing the separation of church and state" unless your example makes it clear what that means, and it can't be "institute a kind of Christian monarchy" because I'm a monarchist and there are so few of us in the US we have zero influence on the current political stage.

Last edited:

Arthur Brain

Goo-to-you evolution is most certainly a "boogeyman", since it also does not exist.
Science and Christianity are perfectly compatible.
Goo-to-you evolution is most certainly not science.
"Goo-to-you" evolution doesn't exist but the theory does and that most certainly is science and compatible with Christianity.

Right Divider

Body part
You should send your insightful comments to all scientific outlets everywhere.
Typical childish nonsense.

If you would ever talk about the FACTS, we could talk about the DETAILS that do NOT agree with goo-to-you.

You are a zombie that just "believes" what you're told by those that are "true believers" just like you... regardless of the facts.
They'd be sure to take notice that apparently the theory of evolution is "complete crap".
The idea that all life has a single common ancestor is COMPLETE CRAP. If you'd like to present some actual FACTS to support that false claim.... DO IT!
Could be a world changer!!
INDEED. If the world believed the TRUTH that would be a GREAT CHANGE.

Arthur Brain

Typical childish nonsense.

If you would ever talk about the FACTS, we could talk about the DETAILS that do NOT agree with goo-to-you.

You are a zombie that just "believes" what you're told by those that are "true believers" just like you... regardless of the facts.

The idea that all life has a single common ancestor is COMPLETE CRAP. If you'd like to present some actual FACTS to support that false claim.... DO IT!

INDEED. If the world believed the TRUTH that would be a GREAT CHANGE.
Then rise above the juvenile and educate yourself more where it comes to a subject you're clearly lacking knowledge in. Seriously, your understanding of evolution is several grades below third level...and you've no excuse for it given how many times you've been schooled on the matter.

Right Divider

Body part
Then rise above the juvenile and educate yourself more where it comes to a subject you're clearly lacking knowledge in.
Aren't you just Mr. FalseAccusation? (Yes, you are).

I've discussed FACTS with you.... whereas you dodge with fallacious arguments ad nauseam.
Seriously, your understanding of evolution is several grades below third level...
Childish and FALSE accusations are your ONLY response.
and you've no excuse for it given how many times you've been schooled on the matter.
More bluff and bluster from the biggest windbag on this site.

Last edited:

Arthur Brain

Aren't you just Mr. FalseAccusation? (Yes, you are).

I've discussed FACTS with you.... whereas you dodge with fallacious arguments ad nauseam.

Childish and FALSE accusations are you ONLY response.

More bluff and bluster from the biggest windbag on this site.
Cute.

The facts are that you've been educated as regards evolution by those better versed in the subject than I and you've blown them off with childish snark as you've done here. Fine. Believe as you will and carry on as you will but you're clearly ignorant as regards the subject as per your 'goo to you' nonsense. Laughable.