Riots in Ferguson MO. USA

quip

BANNED
Banned
How is attacking and stealing from people and destroying the property of those who did nothing to you, understandable?

You're not a working-class black male living in the suburbs of a big city. I suggest sitting quietly and envisioning yourself as such...you might surprise yourself.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
You're not a working-class black male living in the suburbs of a big city. I suggest sitting quietly and envisioning yourself as such...you might surprise yourself.

So you are saying they are animals without morals who cant behave any other way?

quip

BANNED
Banned
So you are saying they are animals without morals who cant behave any other way?

No. Attitudes such as this are the very problem....not any form of solution. Put yourself in their shoes. Of course that would require expanding that white-bred christian bubble you so comfortably cast stones from.

Just think of this from their perspective for a change. That's not granting approval to their actions...just an understanding.

drbrumley

No. Attitudes such as this are the very problem....not any form of solution. Put yourself in their shoes. Of course that would require expanding that white-bred christian bubble you so comfortably cast stones from.

Just think of this from their perspective for a change. That's not granting approval to their actions...just an understanding.

Tell us then, what is their perspective?

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
No. Attitudes such as this are the very problem....not any form of solution.
I agree and people like you making excuses for behavior like that enables those who behave that way and puts them down even further by treating them as ever victims while ignoring their victims.

Put yourself in their shoes. Of course that would require expanding that white-bred christian bubble you so comfortably cast stones from.
Funny but most of my family grew up in poor farming communities and couldn't rub 2 nickles together.. where 5 children grew up in a tiny 2 br house. We weren't burning the stores uptown when something seemed unfair and robbing neighbors and destroying the community and blaming it on being poor.

I have, and the looting animals have no morals. Its a culture issue not a color one.

quip

BANNED
Banned
I agree and people like you making excuses for behavior like that enables those who behave that way and puts them down even further by treating them as ever victims while ignoring their victims.

Not at all. I believe their actions are punishable.

Funny but most of my family grew up in poor farming communities and couldn't rub 2 nickles together.. where 5 children grew up in a tiny 2 br house. We weren't burning the stores uptown when something seemed unfair and robbing neighbors and destroying the community and blaming it on being poor.

You just made my case. Look beyond your circumstances.

I have, and the looting animals have no morals. Its a culture issue not a color one.

The ignorant ...condemning ignorance. :rain:

The Berean

Here are black men writing and talking about what it means to be a black man in America today. :think:

What I want you to know about being a young black man in America

What does society expect from young black men?

What Is It Like To Be Black in America?

Christian Liberty

How is attacking and stealing from people and destroying the property of those who did nothing to you, understandable?

It isn't. And thus, joining your local police department is not understandable, nor is joining the US Military, since to join either of those organizations, you have to attack and steal from and destroy the property of those who did nothing to you.

Of course, it goes without saying that the looters were morons.

journey

It isn't. And thus, joining your local police department is not understandable, nor is joining the US Military, since to join either of those organizations, you have to attack and steal from and destroy the property of those who did nothing to you.

Of course, it goes without saying that the looters were morons.

Do you have a personal recommendation for who deals with the arsonists and looters?

Christian Liberty

You tell me if we don't have any cops or military - as you suggest.

This is a complex question with a lot of facets to it. I'll suffice by saying that Ancient Israel had no professional police or soldiers and yet somehow they managed to deal with murderers and thieves.

That said, in modern times, specialization of labor has changed things a bit, so I don't necessarily advocate an elimination of all soldiers and cops. I do advocate that nobody join these careers while they are being run the way they are run. That's a critical distinction.

A good article:

http://www.copblock.org/25020/on-copblock-orgs-new-welcome-leos-page/

A video that gets you started on law without government (Or more accurately, law without the State): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=khRkBEdSDDo

When should you shoot a cop:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KQ9w1HHRMQw

(If you were offended by the title, that was intentional... actually watch before commenting.)