Riots in Ferguson MO. USA

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
I don't know much about the original incident that sparked these riots but I am going to assume it was wrong doing by the officer shooting an unarmed man.

However....

That doesn't excuse these rioters and looters. They should be handled like any other rioter or looter.

I think 95% of these folks are just using it as an excuse to steal, and destroy property.

Granite

Hall of Fame
I'm not aware of any looting other than limited incidents that occurred the first night. Last night was an outrageous abuse of police power.

We used to hear a lot of squawking and ominous warnings from conservatives about jackbooted thugs. Well, guess what. They're here. The militarization of American police is utterly unacceptable and guarantees violence against the public.

Christian Liberty

I don't know much about the original incident that sparked these riots but I am going to assume it was wrong doing by the officer shooting an unarmed man.

However....

That doesn't excuse these rioters and looters. They should be handled like any other rioter or looter.

I think 95% of these folks are just using it as an excuse to steal, and destroy property.

As I said in another thread about this, people are morons. They can't figure out the very obvious fact that the enforcement class and the political class are the problem. Its not about rich v poor, as the marxists make it. Its about the State v its subjects, whether rich or poor.

I'm not aware of any looting other than limited incidents that occurred the first night. Last night was an outrageous abuse of police power.

We used to hear a lot of squawking and ominous warnings from conservatives about jackbooted thugs. Well, guess what. They're here. The militarization of American police is utterly unacceptable and guarantees violence against the public.

Yep. Dead on.

I wonder what the "it can't happen here" crowd is saying right now.

"If you just follow the law and obey every command an officer gives you, you won't have any problems."

Well... that's probably what they're saying, at any rate...

http://new.livestream.com/accounts/9035483/events/3271930

We got a situation.
Thoughts on this?
I'm sure THall and Christ's Word are too busy stuffing 300 BLK into their ARs on their way to defend the citizens of Ferguson to respond.
Unless they're still holding the line at Bundy's ranch.
Anybody else near the conflict?

The Berean

Gotta agree with Granite here. How does a town of 21,000 get such "military" equipment and gear?

http://www.cbc.ca/news/world/michae...ary-like-response-to-missouri-riots-1.2735588

Harlem Riot of 1964

On Thursday, July 16, 1964, James Powell was shot and killed by police Lieutenant Thomas Gilligan. The second bullet of three fired by Lieutenant Gilligan killed the 15-year-old African American in front of his friends and about a dozen other witnesses.

PureX

However....

We need to be careful of the labels, though. In this case they may be nothing more than looters, or they may be truly incensed citizens, protesting the ongoing abuse of police (some looters will always take advantage of any kind of public uprising). And it's pretty much guaranteed that the police will call them all "looters", i.e.: criminals, and even believe it, themselves, when they start swinging the batons.

And if it was you protesting some heinous abuse by the police or the government, it would be you they would be calling "looters" and "criminals" and beating about the head.

I guess my point is that we ought to be very careful about automatically agreeing with 'public authorities' simply because they labeled the people they are responding to with violence, as criminals.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
We need to be careful of the labels, though. In this case they may be nothing more than looters, or they may be truly incensed citizens, protesting the ongoing abuse of police
I see....

I am incensed about the killing of an unarmed man in my town, time to throw a rock through my neighbors store window.

Last edited:

quip

BANNED
Banned
I see....

I am incensed about the killing of an unarmed man in my town, time to throw a rock through the window of my neighbors store window.

If those windows happen to be within the city limits of say Clayton or Ladue, Mo.....then they might be on to something! (Otherwise, they're just crapping where they eat.)

Christian Liberty

I see....

I am incensed about the killing of an unarmed man in my town, time to throw a rock through my neighbors store window.

For once I'm wholeheartedly in agreement with you. THrowing a rock in your neighbor's store because you are rightly angered at police brutality is somewhat absurd. And by "somewhat" I mean "completely."

drbrumley

Great question for all the liberals out there....asked by Tom DiLorenzo

Question: How is justice served for the family and friends of the unarmed black teenager who was recently executed on the street by thuggish and murderous Ferguson, Missouri cops by black “protesters” who smash the windows of department stores to steal wide-screen TVs in preparation for the upcoming NFL season? After all, it wasn’t the manager of the local Wal-Mart who did the shooting according to news reports.

Just asking.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame

Limited incidents? Seems you just listen to huffington post and other liberal media hiding how bad the looting and other crimes that happened and continue to happen are.

Walmart, cell phone and electronic stores, quick trip and scores of other local buisness, bus stop enclosures destroyed and city community property.

Go watch youtube for local videos of the happenings that the mainstream news isnt showing. People acting like animals destroying their own community. They dont care about that guy, they care about chaos and free stuff.

quip

BANNED
Banned
Great question for all the liberals out there....asked by Tom DiLorenzo

Question: How is justice served for the family and friends of the unarmed black teenager who was recently executed on the street by thuggish and murderous Ferguson, Missouri cops by black “protesters” who smash the windows of department stores to steal wide-screen TVs in preparation for the upcoming NFL season? After all, it wasn’t the manager of the local Wal-Mart who did the shooting according to news reports.

Just asking.

Frustration...a lashing out. Not an excuse...but understandable.