Roy Moore, OJ Simpson, And why I don't believe you.

fool

Hall of Fame
Sometimes when you frame a guilty man all people can see is the frame job.
OJ Simpson might have done it and you might have convinced a jury of that based on the gloves and the shoe prints and left it alone. But they had to go spraying blood everywhere and then nobody believed anything they had to say that might have been the truth.

Now comes Roy Moore who might really be a creep but he was the Chief Justice of the Alabama Supreme Court TWICE (after getting removed once) so nobody is going to convince me that they just crawled out from under a rock and realized that the Roy Moore that is running for Senate is THAT Roy Moore they dated in high school. If the allegations are true then all these women just happened to wait until one month before the election to come forward.

When it would do the most damage.

And there's no time to investigate the claims.

They are going to have to forgive me if I don't believe them.

jgarden

BANNED
Banned
Roy-Moore.jpg

Roy Moore reportedly banned from Alabama mall after harassing teen girls in the 1980s

... Police officers who spoke with The New Yorker said Moore’s presence at the mall in Gadsden, Ala., was a problem.

“The general knowledge at the time when I moved here was that this guy is a lawyer cruising the mall for high school dates,” one of the officers said.

“I was told by a girl who worked at the mall that he’d been run off from there, from a number of stores,” another cop recalled. “Maybe not legally banned, but run off.”

That cop also said he “heard from one girl who had to tell the manager of a store at the mall to get Moore to leave her alone.”

The report comes hours after a fifth accuser, Beverly Young Nelson, alleged that Moore sexually assaulted her when she was 16 in the 1970s.

A week before, he had signed her high school yearbook with “Love, Roy Moore D.A.,” Nelson said at a press conference in New York City on Monday.

Four women told The Washington Post that Moore targeted them for dates when they were mere teens and he was in his 30s. Moore has denied those allegations.

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/poli...-harassing-teen-girls-in-the-1980s/ar-BBEWeqq

Two more women have come forward raising the number of accusers to 7 - the only reason conservatives continue to support him is because he is one of their own, if he was a Democrat they'd be demanding swift justice!

The ban from the Mall for harassing teenage girls in the 1980's takes this beyond the "he said, she said" stage - it confirms that as a 30 year old he was "cruising" for teenage girls and making unwanted advances!

Last edited:

WizardofOz

Meanwhile, those who actually have something to lose by disavowing Moore are speaking out

Senator Mitch McConnell of Kentucky, the majority leader, declared, “I believe the women.” Senator Cory Gardner of Colorado, the head of the Senate Republican campaign arm, said that the Senate should vote to expel Mr. Moore, a former State Supreme Court judge, if he won “because he does not meet the ethical and moral requirements of the United States Senate.”

Roy Moore Is Accused of Sexual Misconduct by a Fifth Woman

jgarden

BANNED
Banned
14873610-mmmain.jpg

Fake news. These girls falsely accused him because they knew he would run for senate in 2017.

Reread the article, Moore was banned from the Gadsden Mall in the 1980's after repeated complaints that he was making unwanted advances towards teenage girls!

The "ban" would mean that other store workers, store owners, the Gadsden Mall management and security/police were all aware and concerned about Moore's motives for coming to the Mall - what he was doing outside the Mall is now being documented by the 7 women, and counting!

Last edited:

WizardofOz

Two of Corfman's childhood friends say she told them at the time that she was seeing an older man, and one says Corfman identified the man as Moore. Wells says her daughter told her about the encounter more than a decade later, as Moore was becoming more prominent as a local judge."

More on Moore

fool

Hall of Fame
It's more likely because of Harvey Weinstein and the #metoo movement.

Do you think Weinstein is innocent? How about Kevin Spacey et al?

Those accusers have the advantage that they aren't going after a Senate Candidate right after the Primary.

WizardofOz

Those accusers have the advantage that they aren't going after a Senate Candidate right after the Primary.

"Two of Corfman's childhood friends say she told them at the time that she was seeing an older man, and one says Corfman identified the man as Moore. Wells says her daughter told her about the encounter more than a decade later, as Moore was becoming more prominent as a local judge."

So, this isn't the first time they've discussed these accusations with others. It's not 'just made up'.

Senator Mitch McConnell of Kentucky, the majority leader, declared, “I believe the women.” Senator Cory Gardner of Colorado, the head of the Senate Republican campaign arm, said that the Senate should vote to expel Mr. Moore, a former State Supreme Court judge, if he won “because he does not meet the ethical and moral requirements of the United States Senate.” - It seems those with more reason to defend Moore than you believe these women.

I think you're in denial, fool.

fool

Hall of Fame
Roy-Moore.jpg

The autograph is a forgery, everything after "Roy" is in a different color and handwriting, and "Roy" looks like Ray.
That autograph is a Blatant forgery and that anyone would have published that makes it a blatant political hit job.
Framing the guilty guy.

Two more women have come forward raising the number of accusers to 7 - the only reason conservatives continue to support him is because he is one of their own, if he was a Democrat they'd be demanding swift justice!
He's an outlier in the GOP, Trump supported his opponent.
Roy Moore is not a GOP thing, he's an Alabama thing.
The ban from the Mall for harassing teenage girls in the 1980's takes this beyond the "he said, she said" stage - it confirms that as a 30 year old he was "cruising" for teenage girls and making unwanted advances!
And if anyone can ever come up with proof of that we'll all ask "How did he get on the Alabama Supreme Court"?

fool

Hall of Fame
Fake news. These girls falsely accused him because they knew he would run for senate in 2017.

The accusation is:
“I was told by a girl who worked at the mall that he’d been run off from there, from a number of stores,” another cop recalled. “Maybe not legally banned, but run off.”

You've known me for ten years now WoZ, you know I won't take; "I was told by a girl who worked at the mall" as a source.

fool

Hall of Fame
Meanwhile, those who actually have something to lose by disavowing Moore are speaking out

Senator Mitch McConnell of Kentucky, the majority leader, declared, “I believe the women.” Senator Cory Gardner of Colorado, the head of the Senate Republican campaign arm, said that the Senate should vote to expel Mr. Moore, a former State Supreme Court judge, if he won “because he does not meet the ethical and moral requirements of the United States Senate.”

Roy Moore Is Accused of Sexual Misconduct by a Fifth Woman

That's a really big problem, not seating an elected Senator due to 40 year old allegations after he's won an election assaults the very foundation of our Republic. Can we at least get an Indictment?

fool

Hall of Fame
14873610-mmmain.jpg

Reread the article, Moore was banned from the Gadsden Mall on the 1980's after repeated complaints that he was making unwanted advances towards teenage girls!

The "ban" would mean that other store workers, store owners, the Gsdsden Mall management and security/police were all aware and concerned about Moore's motives for coming to the Mall - what he was doing outside the Mall is now being documented by the 7 women, and counting!

I was told by a girl who worked at the mall
Is the source for that article.
Bring me some proof.

Arthur Brain

That's a really big problem, not seating an elected Senator due to 40 year old allegations after he's won an election assaults the very foundation of our Republic. Can we at least get an Indictment?

Do you think Moore is innocent? You think his interviews or those with his representatives were convincing? What does it matter how old the allegations were, if he assaulted teenage girls he has no business being anywhere but prison and should have been there before he was even elected.

fool

Hall of Fame
I think you're in denial, fool.
I'm in Reality. Moore's an idiot, he got kicked off the Supreme Court of Alabama for being an idiot.
He probably did date high school girls in his 30's. And being Alabama nobody cares.
We did the whole Duck Dynasty thing here not too long ago.
When you do a hit piece on a sleeze bag right before an election.
All people see is the hit piece, and not the sleeze bag.

fool

Hall of Fame
Do you think Moore is innocent?
Don't know, all I can see is the frame job.

You think his interviews or those with his representatives were convincing?

Didn't watch any.
What does it matter how old the allegations were,
When they come up after a contentious primary and after he's been a Chief Justice then it smacks of politics.
if he assaulted teenage girls he has no business being anywhere but prison and should have been there before he was even elected.
Agreed, But, just like we saw with Trump as soon as he's the Candidate we see all sorts of salacious allegations right before the vote, that could have been brought up sooner, that then disappear after he wins.
This is our new Politics.
And it undermines all the people that are really abused.

WizardofOz

For Roy Moore’s insistent defenders: Here’s why now

Of course it’s not a coincidence that the women came forward just as Moore is seeking election to the Senate — but not in the way Moore means.

Moore has been a controversial figure in American politics for some time but mostly at the edges. His fight to preserve a monument to the Ten Commandments in a state building 15 years ago gained him national attention — but not necessarily national importance. Now, he’s seeking election to the Senate, one of 100 people who make up one half of the legislative branch of government. It’s a much more important fight nationally, and, as a result, has attracted much more attention.

There’s a reason that people with skeletons in their closets are loath to seek elected office: Once they do, the scrutiny that is a natural part of the campaign process threatens to expose those skeletons. This is less true for lower-level elected positions, where there is less media attention and fewer resources. For something like the Senate or the presidency, though, that scrutiny is both intense — and should be expected.

In this case, reporter Stephanie McCrummen was in Alabama as part of The Post’s coverage of the race. She explained the genesis of the story to NPR last week.

I was in Alabama actually reporting another story on Roy Moore supporters, a story aiming to understand, you know, the basis of his support in the state. And it was at the end of a long conversation with someone there that these allegations surfaced. So none of these women — none of the women in this story sought out The Washington Post. No one promoted this story to The Washington Post. And all of the women went through quite a long process deciding whether to come forward.​

There’s a more subtle aspect to “why now” that’s worth pointing out. Why did the story drop last week? Because that was when the story was ready, after dozens of interviews and a great deal of verification, down to the date of court appearances 38 years ago.

Why now? Because that’s when an important story about a man who is right now seeking election to the Senate was unearthed, researched and vetted. It’s no more complicated than that.

Arthur Brain

Didn't watch any.

When they come up after a contentious primary and after he's been a Chief Justice then it smacks of politics.

Agreed, But, just like we saw with Trump as soon as he's the Candidate we see all sorts of salacious allegations right before the vote, that could have been brought up sooner, that then disappear after he wins.

Then watch the interview...

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass

Your saying it's a frame job doesn't make it a frame job.

Didn't watch any.

Why don't you now?

You're missing something here. It was Sunday, Oct. 15 when Alyssa Milano sent out her tweet saying if someone had been sexually assaulted or harassed, to retweet with the hashtag #metoo. Two days later, the hashtag had been used 825,000 times. I have no idea what the number is now. According to FaceBook, 45% are friends with someone who has posted "me too."

This was all very much in the public consciousness when the WaPo story broke on Nov. 9. Many women finding the courage to say what had happened to them in the past. You can call this a frame job. I call it timing. The intersection of women telling their stories - and the Moore campaign.