Rubio sides with Obama

Lexington'96

Rubio wants the PATRIOT Act to be permanently extended. He, just like Obama, has no problem with the NSA spying on Americans.

http://www.nationaljournal.com/tech...xtend-nsa-mass-surveillance-20150127?AID=7236

Sen. Marco Rubio wants Congress to permanently extend the authorities governing several of the National Security Agency's controversial spying programs, including its mass surveillance of domestic phone records...

Rubio called on Congress to permanently reauthorize core provisions of the post-9/11 USA Patriot Act, which are due to sunset on June 1 of this year and provide the intelligence community with much of its surveillance power...

republicanchick

Rubio wants the PATRIOT Act to be permanently extended. He, just like Obama, has no problem with the NSA spying on Americans.

http://www.nationaljournal.com/tech...xtend-nsa-mass-surveillance-20150127?AID=7236

this is insufficient information.

As you may know, the NSA is trying to find terrorists. If all they have is a record of a CALL being made (not the he/said she/said of the call), then we need that to protect our country.

I trust Rubio and do NOT know well the Patriot Act. I think that sentence speaks for millions of other Americans. Yeh, I will try to get around to reading it but I like many others are BUSY.. and that may not happen for awhile.

But I trust Rubio over... you..

+

Lexington'96

this is insufficient information.

As you may know, the NSA is trying to find terrorists. If all they have is a record of a CALL being made (not the he/said she/said of the call), then we need that to protect our country.

I trust Rubio and do NOT know well the Patriot Act. I think that sentence speaks for millions of other Americans. Yeh, I will try to get around to reading it but I like many others are BUSY.. and that may not happen for awhile.

But I trust Rubio over... you..

+

So you don't think the government would ever abuse its power? What if the government is monitoring opponents of the President? What if going to a Tea Party rally makes you a domestic terrorism suspect?

republicanchick

So you don't think the government would ever abuse its power? What if the government is monitoring opponents of the President? What if going to a Tea Party rally makes you a domestic terrorism suspect?

I don't think the Patriot Act allows for such

But I will find out, ok?

++

republicanchick

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Patriot_Act

I have read some of this. It does sound scary in the beginning of the article, but changes were made to this Act. I have yet to read the whole thing, but thought i would post this for others.

I think the Act only says that suspected terrorists will be investigated. True, the gummit always over-reaches... and anyone could be labled a terrorist if the labeler doesn't llike said person's politics.. sigh... same old same old...

but you know, it is alwys the libs who can't stand people being... not libs..

++++

Lexington'96

I think the Act only says that suspected terrorists will be investigated. True, the gummit always over-reaches... and anyone could be labled a terrorist if the labeler doesn't llike said person's politics.. sigh... same old same old...

Bolded for emphasis. The founding fathers would never have trusted the government with this kind of power.

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER

Quincy

I trust Rubio and do NOT know well the Patriot Act.

You should do research on the Patriot Act and then decide on whether or not you should trust Rubio on keeping it. I mean, think of all the liberals who trusted Obama on healthcare and ended up getting their plans messed up. No politician deserves blind faith.

Folks voting establishment without researching the issues and the party/candidate stance on them is probably why we have the problems we do have.

republicanchick

Folks voting establishment without researching the issues and the party/candidate stance on them is probably why we have the problems we do have.

no, that is not so

b/c there is always just, in the end, 2 choices: D or R

so there is mor to "the problems we have" than that