Salutations from Jugulum!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jugulum

Howdy! I'm new. Though I think I might have posted on this forum a long time ago, before the site redesign.

I'm not an open theist, though I have friends connected with Denver Bible Church. I find mid-Acts dispensationalism to be absurd (no legitimate Pauline/Petrine dichotomy). I believe that ethnic Israel will predominately turn to Christ before/during the end times. I haven't studied enough to judge whether the Church is the inheritor of all the promises of Israel. I don't know of any good reason to believe in a pre-trib Rapture. I'm mostly agnostic on millenialism--but I think that the coming of the Kingdom was always intended to be viewed in an already-not-yet way. I'm a 5-point Calvinist...depending. (Some self-labeled Calvinists believe vile things--and some non-Calvinists are rejecting a Calvinism that I reject, too. As far as I understand the historic definitions of the 5 points, I agree. Though I would want to know how you define them before I sign off on them. Limited Atonement/Particular Redemption has to be articulated particularly carefully. And I'm not sure if 1 Tim. 2:4 means that God wants-but-does-not-bring-about the salvation of all individuals, or means something like "all kinds of people".) I'm roughly in the Reformed charismatic arena. (Though I'm open-but-cautious on much of charismatic practice.) The gift of tongues includes private-prayer-languages, though I suspect many (most?) people are faking it. I'm still figuring out if NT prophecy includes the fallible reporting of infallible revelation. The baptism of the Spirit occurs at conversion, but the Spirit might "fall on"/fill us with greater intensity at various times in our life, or we may "walk with" him more or less closely. The Emerging Church is too diverse to broadbrush, but it includes some bad responses to real problems...and maybe some good responses. I used to post on TheologyWeb a lot, in the creation/evolution forums. I'm a young-earther by exegesis, but various lines of physical evidence give me headaches--and I'm not quite sure of the exegesis. I don't see any good theological/biblical reason for an old-earther not to become a theistic evolutionist. I like C. Michael Patton, Greg Koukl, Michael Horton, James R. White, the Pyromaniacs (Frank is my favorite), the Internet Monk (though I find him annoying half the time), D. A. Carson, Sam Storms, C. J. Mahaney, Thabiti Anyabwile, Alistair Begg, Roger Olson, Carl Trueman, Wayne Grudem, Mark Driscoll, Matt Chandler, J. Ligon Duncan, Mark Dever, and more. (Hmm... Two non-Calvinists in that list. Interesting.) I haven't listened much to Bob Enyart, but one of my best friends loves him.

I voted for Chuck Baldwin.

I have a blog, on which I haven't posted much in the last month or so: Through A Glass, Dimly

Last edited:

Jugulum

P.S. I probably won't post much here. I came for the "Is it immoral to vote for McCain/Palin?" debate, referred by a friend. I'm not doing much forum-posting these days.

Jugulum

P.P.S. Question: How do I create a signature, or send PMs? Is that something that is not turned-on for newbies until they post 20 messages? (I've been on another forum where that was the case.)

assuranceagent

**Looks around for TH...**

"Hey buddy! There's a lot to work with over here!" :wave2:

oh...sorry. I mean, welcome (back) to TOL ;)

Jugulum

Hmm... "A lot to work with"... Does that mean there's a lot of work to do, or that there's a lot of substance there already, or something else?

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
:mock: Jugulum

1 Tim. 2:4 means exactly what it says. God desires all men to come to him. But not all men choose to do so.

assuranceagent

Oooh, you're at DTS? So you live in Dallas? What church are you part of? The Village, by any chance?

I actually graduated from DTS a number of years back. I live in Houston now. When I was at DTS I usually trekked to Denton Bible Church. Tommy Nelson is still my favorite teacher of the Word. :thumb:

Status
Not open for further replies.