Salutations from Jugulum!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jugulum

Knight,

Thanks.

I won't mention the fact that the NO is colored wrong in the "Can upload signature images" row of the Registered PLUS column.

Jugulum

Ouch.

So, AA... I'm curious. In your experience, how wide-spread is Calvinism at DTS? Both among the faculty and among the student body.

assuranceagent

Ouch.

So, AA... I'm curious. In your experience, how wide-spread is Calvinism at DTS? Both among the faculty and among the student body.

DTS' position is reformed. Not everyone at DTS is hardcore Calvinist (in fact I'd say most aren't) but in a basic sense, the seminary is Calvinistic, if not entirely Calvinist. If that makes sense.

I'd consider myself to be Calvinistic, though not a follower of Calvin in areas like dualism and fatalistic determinism, etc. My Calvinism applies primarily and almost exclusively to my soteriological understanding. I'd say that's the case with the vast majority of students and Profs at DTS.

Jugulum

Ah... I don't think I knew that. I knew that they're dispensational and cessationist, but not that they're Calvinistic.

Hmm... Do you know if Jack Deere is/was Calvinist?

assuranceagent

Ah... I don't think I knew that. I knew that they're dispensational and cessationist, but not that they're Calvinistic.

Hmm... Do you know if Jack Deere is/was Calvinist?

Couldn't tell you. Though given that he was an OT prof at DTS until the late eighties and then pastored a Presbyterian church I'd say the chances are pretty good.

Prisca

Pain Killer
Super Moderator
I noticed that... But I'm not sure I want to be giving money to y'all open t'eists. :mmph:
I suppose what you really mean is that God predestined you to not give money to open t'eists. Right?

Oh, also, :wave2:

assuranceagent

I noticed that... But I'm not sure I want to be giving money to y'all open t'eists. :mmph:

There's a lot of diversity around here. Not everyone's an OVer. In fact, not everyone's even a Christian, for that matter. I'm not even sure some around here are fully human.

Take squeaky for instance... :shocked:

Status
Not open for further replies.