JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
52df8934f4648f1bd610bfa612a8a003.gif

Danoh

IP has hinted that he does not believe that these hard sayings were to be followed, but were designed to motivate the disciples in some way. I'd like to hear his complete view of the sermon the mount.

Take it away...

At the same time, what you continue to fail to see is that it is his "in some way" or other than the Dispy's normally literal approach, that has IP, not in unbelief, but in belief of his resulting understandings.

He is not in unbelief - that is just your determined ignorance.

IP IS in belief - of his erroneous understanding; the result of his erroneous study approach.

Big difference.

Even Affleck - who's own understanding basically aligns with IP's in much, has nevertheless been essentially pointing out to IP, not that the IP is in unbelief, but that IP's study approach is off, in places.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
IP has hinted that he does not believe that these hard sayings were to be followed, but were designed to motivate the disciples in some way. I'd like to hear his complete view of the sermon the mount.

Take it away...

Saul to Paul believes the sermon on the mount was only to the Jews and remains so to this day.

LA

Interplanner

Yeah, and he's correct.

Eph 2:12 That at that time ye were without Christ, being aliens from the commonwealth of Israel, and strangers from the covenants of promise, having no hope, and without God in the world:

Yes, it was to appeal to Israel to shape up and follow him, whether zealot or upper class in Jerusalem, and the country's total response would determine whether it would be desolated. But only his righteousness exceeded the Pharisees, and only he fulfilled the Law. Knowing those things impresses his followers a lot!

But past that setting, it still has value; it is still adultery to lust, for ex.

I have no idea why anyone would use Eph 2:12 as some kind of support for 'this (passage) is only for the Jews.' That's nuts. It's only for them because they were the only ones their to listen and to make the kinds of decisions in that generation that affected their country that way. But they had common problems to any other humans that apply in other situations.

This thread is just a ploy to start come kind of 2P2P credibility now that it has been so dashed.

Interplanner

Yeah, we already know that you don't know.

What exactly does Eph 2 say about the sermon on the mount? do you think for a minute that is what Paul had in mind instead of the previous history and covenants? Paul was talking about post-exilic Judaism. They saw nothing shared. They thought the promises were about the seed, meaning, many people (descendants) instead of the Seed, meaning, one representative person, in whom many people would be blessed. That is why the benefits were not the mystery but Judaism's saying the Law was the conduit was the confusing thing. It was 'in the Gospel' (3:6) that these things were/are shared. The 'previous generations' that did not see this was the Judaism that led up to his time.

'Without justification by Christ as center, all Scripture is dark.' --Luther

Danoh

Luther made this up.

Isn't what Luther had meant by that actually your own view?

Part of what he'd meant by that was that only the saved can understand the Scripture.

Which is as much a contradiction in his assertion of it, as it is in yours.

Unless you believe that faith is a gift and that regeneration is only possible through faith as a gift.

A thought, bro...

Things like that are why people like IP wonder if you so often keep your posts so short only because you really do not understand what you are about to comment on.

In the spirit of Romans 5:8 - towards you and me, both :chuckle:

SaulToPaul 2

Isn't what Luther had meant by that actually your own view?

He'd meant that only the saved can understand the Scripture.

Which is as much a contradiction in his assertion of it, as it is in yours.

Unless you believe that faith is a gift and that regeneration is only possible through faith as a gift.

A thought, bro...

Things like that are why people like IP wonder if you so often keep your posts so short only because you really do not understand what you are about to comment on.

In the spirit of Romans 5:8 - towards you and me, both :chuckle:

Luther's quote sounds like, "Unless you view all scripture as pointing to justification by Christ, you're missing the boat".

Danoh

Luther's quote sounds like, "Unless you view all scripture as pointing to justification by Christ, you're missing the boat".

lol - you have understood this that you believe about what Luthor said - you have understood it through what Interplanner has misunderstood it having been a reference to :chuckle:

Note what IP was talking about when he then followed that with the Luthor quote.

In this it is obvious you are either not familiar with Luther's writings, or have forgotten what you may have been familiar with concerning his writings.

Perhaps someone will prove you the much more sound one on that - which is fine by me - Prov. 27:17 :)

SaulToPaul 2

At the same time, what you continue to fail to see is that it is his "in some way" or other than the Dispy's normally literal approach, that has IP, not in unbelief, but in belief of his resulting understandings.

He is not in unbelief - that is just your determined ignorance.

IP IS in belief - of his erroneous understanding; the result of his erroneous study approach.

Big difference.

Even Affleck - who's own understanding basically aligns with IP's in much, has nevertheless been essentially pointing out to IP, not that the IP is in unbelief, but that IP's study approach is off, in places.

I disagree.

For instance, if he believed Ezekiel 36-38 regarding the land he would not misunderstand much of the NT when he comes to it.

SaulToPaul 2

lol - you have understood this that you believe about what Luthor said - you have understood it through what Interplanner has misunderstood it having been a reference to :chuckle:

Note what IP was talking about when he then followed that with the Luthor quote.

In this it is obvious you are either not familiar with Luther's writings, or have forgotten what you may have been familiar with concerning his writings.

Perhaps someone will prove you the much more sound one on that - which is fine by me - Prov. 27:17 :)

I don't follow...

Danoh

No one, Jew or Gentile, can follow the sermon today...nor should they be seeking to.

Well, not in the same way.

For though it's application will differ, it's various principles are often found in Paul's writings, also.

In both, for example, love without dissimulation, is the fulfilling of the Law.

Etc.

Both applications being because...Romans 5:8.