Shilo and Lee on God

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nineveh

Merely Christian
shiloh,
What more can I say that hasn't been said repeatedly? Your theology and God's word are different.

:Nineveh:

shilohproject

Nineveh said:
shiloh,
What more can I say that hasn't been said repeatedly? Your theology and God's word are different.

We aren't talking thoelogy. We're talking about what happened in the Garden, why it happened and what it's implications might be. And my comments are totally in keeping with scripture, e.g. they lived after the Tree incident, and the did not know right from wrong.

Try and actually examine this from that angle, rather than repeating the same old conservative mantra, and you might discover a wonderful thing about God and his love for mankind.:cool:

Jadespring

shilohproject said:
...you might discover a wonderful thing about God and his love for mankind.:cool:

Hey Shiloh,

I've been reading this thread with some interest. Thanks for your thoughts here.
I was wondering. If you could sum up your thinking in one place what would you say the essential message of this part of the creation story is?

Nineveh

Merely Christian
shilohproject said:
We aren't talking thoelogy. We're talking about what happened in the Garden, why it happened and what it's implications might be. And my comments are totally in keeping with scripture, e.g. they lived after the Tree incident, and the did not know right from wrong.

I have nothing more to offer you, shiloh. You can't even accept simple "in your face" things spoken of in Scripture. It's not like this is the first time you have tripped over the obvious and ignored it.

Nineveh

Merely Christian
Jade,

Would it really matter? It seems you are free to make almost anything in the Bible mean whatever you want it to. Are you merely going to weigh your "essoteric spiritualized" interpretation to shiloh's?

shilohproject

Nineveh said:
I have nothing more to offer you, shiloh.
Not nothing more, just nothing, it seems.
You can't even accept simple "in your face" things spoken of in Scripture.
Like the fact that they did not know right from wrong?
It's not like this is the first time you have tripped over the obvious and ignored it.
You know, I try to be civil and "Christian" in these posts, so let me just say lovingly: "Nineveh, you crack me up! My kids and I sit around and actually roll on the floor when reading how you accuse me of not accepting 'in your face' things while loudly denying that Adam and Eve did not die in the Garden of Eden on the day they ate of the fruit of the Tree of Knowledge."

Tripping over the obvious seems to be so natural for you that you don't even realize how truely delightful it is for so many of us. ...and to say nothing of the inability to see the subtlties in the landscape! It is a wonderfully childlike characteristic, something to wallowed in with utter abandonment! Don't ever let the realities of the story steal your joy!:cool:

shilohproject

Nineveh said:
..."essoteric spiritualized" interpretation...
Does this mean that it counters the party's approved platform? Sorta like going againt the conservative religious leadership of the day, i.e. the Neo-Pharasees? :cool:

Jadespring

shilohproject said:

Does this mean that it counters the party's approved platform? Sorta like going againt the conservative religious leadership of the day, i.e. the Neo-Pharasees? :cool:

Actually....if I remember correctly, this is her phrase about something I do when I don't take God at his word and read exactly what is on the page and take it literally. I spiritualize it...

And good example of this technique could be....

synposis...
God: "You will die if you disobey me and eat this"
*munch munch*
Punishment occurs...
They didn't die. No where did they say that they died in the words on the page.....

Nin: "Well yeah..I know it didn't say that....it was a "spiritual death" "

:think:

Fun times with inconsistancy eh? ;)

Nineveh

Merely Christian
shilohproject said:
Not nothing more, just nothing, it seems.
Like the fact that they did not know right from wrong?

You know, I try to be civil and "Christian" in these posts, so let me just say lovingly: "Nineveh, you crack me up! My kids and I sit around and actually roll on the floor when reading how you accuse me of not accepting 'in your face' things while loudly denying that Adam and Eve did not die in the Garden of Eden on the day they ate of the fruit of the Tree of Knowledge."

Tripping over the obvious seems to be so natural for you that you don't even realize how truely delightful it is for so many of us. ...and to say nothing of the inability to see the subtlties in the landscape! It is a wonderfully childlike characteristic, something to wallowed in with utter abandonment! Don't ever let the realities of the story steal your joy!:cool:

I wonder if you still believe most of the founders of the US were deist. I feel for you shiloh. It's one thing to be ignorant of a matter, it's another to want to stay that way.

shilohproject

Nineveh said:
I wonder if you still believe most of the founders of the US were deist. I feel for you shiloh. It's one thing to be ignorant of a matter, it's another to want to stay that way.

Classic bait and switch! Can't handle the the topic so you try to distract people by refering to things from two years ago. Very fresh! Btw, Geo. Washington, Thomas Jefferson...just a couple of minor players to stir up your avoidance juices a little.

I wonder if you still think a dead woman had all those babies after expulsion from the garden, or have you in the past few days outgrown the VBS stories we tell to children?:cool:

Oh, I doubt you really feel for me, though. Perhaps I'm mistaken, but I get the impression that feeling for people who disagree with you isn't one of your flaws.

Nineveh

Merely Christian
No, shiloh, that was a reminder of you tripping over the truth of a matter. And yes, I do feel for you. It's sad to see someone avoid honesty. : shrugs :

shilohproject

Nineveh said:
No, shiloh, that was a reminder of you tripping over the truth of a matter. And yes, I do feel for you. It's sad to see someone avoid honesty. : shrugs :
You ignore what you like. But let's try a little honesty game: Did Eve die before she had Abel?Yes, or No, pick one.

Nineveh

Merely Christian
Yes, spritually she was no longer in perfect communion with God. She could not go to heaven when her body died, which wouldn't have happened had she not sinned and lost access to the tree of life. So, now that I have answered you again, you will disagree. Then what? Do I really have to sit through another of your "edifying" posts like # 86?

PS. Honesty isn't a game.

shilohproject

Nineveh said:
Yes, spritually she was no longer in perfect communion with God. She could not go to heaven when her body died, which wouldn't have happened had she not sinned and lost access to the tree of life. So, now that I have answered you again, you will disagree. Then what? Do I really have to sit through another of your "edifying" posts like # 86?

PS. Honesty isn't a game.
You didn't answer the question.You waffled again. Dead people don't have children. They're dead!
Note:
1. The word "die" as used in Genesis refers to physical death.
2. Eve never had eaten from the Tree of Life, so she would have "died" in any event.
3. The threatened consequence of eating of the Tree of Knowledge had nothing to do with "spiritual" anything.
4. Being in "perfect communion with God" was never mentioned in the text, and one must question whether a person with no knowledge of right and wrong could be in such "perfect communion" anyway.

Stop adding bogus things to scripture and you'll find a wonderful, simple truth about God and His compassion for mankind.

Oh, and you don't have to sit through any post you don't want to read. But it cracks me up that you are concerned about such things when the shoe is on the other foot. Nuts.:cool:

Nineveh

Merely Christian
shilohproject said:
You didn't answer the question.You waffled again. Dead people don't have children. They're dead!

People who are cut off from God are dead.

4. Being in "perfect communion with God" was never mentioned in the text,

Another "in your face fact" you will ignore: God walked and talked with them in the garden.

Oh, and you don't have to sit through any post you don't want to read. But it cracks me up that you are concerned about such things when the shoe is on the other foot. Nuts.:cool:

The only posts I don't care to read from you are the ones where you are acting like a complete putz. Sort of like your above paragraph. :Nineveh:

Exactly why I read it the way I do. How about you?

Honesty not being a game? I'm not sure I understand what you mean here.

shilohproject

Nineveh said:
People who are cut off from God are dead.
No. Words mean things, and "dead," in the context of Genesis' garden story, does not mean cut off from God
Another "in your face fact" you will ignore: God walked and talked with them in the garden.
Not ignoring it, Nin! Just not seeing walking and talking as equating "perfect communion." Something you might consider is the fact that scripture records Satan as walking and talking with Jesus in the wilderness. Surely you are not suggesting that they were in "perfect communion."
The only posts I don't care to read from you are the ones where you are acting like a complete putz. Sort of like your above paragraph. :Nineveh:
Does "putz" mean that we are disagreeing?
Honesty not being a game? I'm not sure I understand what you mean here.
Thats okay.:cool:

Nineveh

Merely Christian
Shiloh,
What do you want me to reply? You refuse to even acknowledge Eve understood God and disobeyed thereby mucking up all of creation (eventually).

No, putz means "an idiot". Which is what one becomes after they decide to remain willfully ignorant.

Do we really need to go back to square one again again again? Or can you just start at post one and reread it all and be satisfied?

shilohproject

Nineveh said:
Shiloh,
What do you want me to reply? You refuse to even acknowledge Eve understood God and disobeyed thereby mucking up all of creation (eventually).
I've never denied any of this. What I've asked folks to consider is that while understanding language, she did not understand the right/wrong implications of it, because she knew nothing of good/evil. She was unequipt to respond to her "understanding" of the words.

No, putz means "an idiot". Which is what one becomes after they decide to remain willfully ignorant.
Golly, woman, just read the text. They did not die! It's a simple fact. So something else must be going on that is faulty in the little kids story!

Do we really need to go back to square one again again again? Or can you just start at post one and reread it all and be satisfied?

You just don't get it. I get that. It's okay.:cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.