Should the Vatican open its borders for immigration?

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
I heard that Mr. Pope said that the U.S.A. should open it's borders for immigration. Maybe he did....I don't know.
If it is the case, then should the Vatican likewise open it's borders for immigration?

Do you think that the Vatican should open its borders for immigration?

What do you say?

JosephR

I think it's only fair, but to me I would love for them to open the archives and early church text from the early councils .... Then there may be no Vatican left.....

User Name

Greatest poster ever
Banned
I heard that Mr. Pope said that the U.S.A. should open it's borders for immigration. Maybe he did....I don't know.
If it is the case, then should the Vatican likewise open it's borders for immigration?

Do you think that the Vatican should open its borders for immigration?

What do you say?

Pope Francis puts up Syrian refugee family
The Christian family is the first of two that the Catholic leader has promised to find space for as part of a broader Church effort to help shape Europe's response to the ongoing migration crisis, partly caused by the conflict in Syria. The family arrived in Italy on September 6th, the day the pope called on every Catholic parish across Europe to find space for at least one family of refugees.​

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
I took the nickle tour of that mausoleum. There's room enough for thousands.

I sat on one o' those stones surrounding the Egyptian Obelisk. It was head high and quite a struggle but I managed it. I was plumb wore out and my feet was achin' from climbing them Spanish Stairs.

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
I think it's only fair, but to me I would love for them to open the archives and early church text from the early councils .... Then there may be no Vatican left.....

Hi, Joe!

I'd love to see that stuff.

Reckon them immigrants would respect the preservation of those ancient documents?

JosephR

Hi, Joe!

I'd love to see that stuff.

Reckon them immigrants would respect the preservation of those ancient documents?

Well for the religious of them I am sure it would be very interesting... But yes it was well of topic :) good to see you steko:)

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
Pope Francis puts up Syrian refugee family
The Christian family is the first of two that the Catholic leader has promised to find space for as part of a broader Church effort to help shape Europe's response to the ongoing migration crisis, partly caused by the conflict in Syria. The family arrived in Italy on September 6th, the day the pope called on every Catholic parish across Europe to find space for at least one family of refugees.​

Well, that's walkin' th' talk, as they say. But, it's not quite like 'open borders', th' likes of which some places are experiencing.

Thanks for th' link.
I especially enjoyed the article on Agrigento, Sicily.
I used to live near there.