Should the Vatican open its borders for immigration?

shagster01

:thumb:

I could sense from your demeanor that you'd eventually come around.

Ha.

I'd never demand or expect that of the Pope. I want to keep our own borders closed. I wouldn't expect anyone else to open theirs unless they wanted to either.

aikido7

BANNED
Banned
The less this pope tries to emulate Jesus, the less criticism he will attract.

Jesus and his Judaic tradition admonished us to welcome the stranger and the immigrant and comfort the homeless and destitute. Most of us Christians are just too busy and preoccupied to give Jesus much thought these days.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I heard that Mr. Pope said that the U.S.A. should open it's borders for immigration. Maybe he did....I don't know.
If it is the case, then should the Vatican likewise open it's borders for immigration?

Do you think that the Vatican should open its borders for immigration?

What do you say?
Mr. Pope needs to try it first, and let us know if everything worked out OK.

Quetzal

I heard that Mr. Pope said that the U.S.A. should open it's borders for immigration. Maybe he did....I don't know.
If it is the case, then should the Vatican likewise open it's borders for immigration?

What do you say?
This is a ridiculous question. First, the Vatican is a city state within a larger nation state (Italy). Second, what could the Vatican offer to immigrants, honestly? Finally, the Vatican is so small that it could only house so many before they would have to shut it up again. I do not view this as a fair comparison.

rocketman

Resident Rocket Surgeon
Hall of Fame

What do you say?

Open it's borders, take all that come, and pay for it with the vast wealth that the RCC has stored up...I would tell the Pope to put his money & vatican city where his mouth is. :plain:

User Name

Greatest poster ever
Banned
Open it's borders, take all that come, and pay for it with the vast wealth that the RCC has stored up...I would tell the Pope to put his money & vatican city where his mouth is. :plain:

He's taken in 2 refugee families and called on every church parish in Europe to take in 1 refugee family. I'd call that putting his money where his mouth is.

rocketman

Resident Rocket Surgeon
Hall of Fame
He's taken in 2 refugee families and called on every church parish in Europe to take in 1 refugee family. I'd call that putting his money where his mouth is.

No, I would say he should personally commit to use the roughly 8 billion in assets that the RCC has and let them fund it, let the church subsidize every family that takes these refugees. Maybe he should fill up the endless empty rooms in the vatican with these people, feed them, & clothe them instead of expecting others to extend themselves while the pontiff stands and pontificates about what everyone else should do.

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
This is a ridiculous question. First, the Vatican is a city state within a larger nation state (Italy). Second, what could the Vatican offer to immigrants, honestly? Finally, the Vatican is so small that it could only house so many before they would have to shut it up again. I do not view this as a fair comparison.

Vatican City is all of 110 acres. It has two churches and at the pope's direction each is taking in a refugee family.