Should we bother with those old Jewish Feasts?

WatchmanOnTheWall

Deuteronomy 16:16 – Three times a year all your men must appear before the LORD your God at the place he will choose:

1. Passover = Easter : Fulfilled by Jesus

2. Shavuot = Pentecost : Fulfilled by Jesus

3. Tabernacles = Harvest Festival : To be Fulfilled…

Luke 2:41 Every year Jesus' parents went to Jerusalem for the Festival of the Passover. And when He became twelve, they went up there according to the custom of the Feast;

Acts 2
1When the day of Pentecost came, they were all together in one place. 2Suddenly a sound like the blowing of a violent wind came from heaven and filled the whole house where they were sitting.3They saw what seemed to be tongues of fire that separated and came to rest on each of them. 4All of them were filled with the Holy Spirit and began to speak in other tonguesa as the Spirit enabled them.

John 7:2 & 8 – But when the Jewish Festival of Tabernacles was near, [Jesus said] “You go to the festival. I am not going up to this festival, because my time has not yet fully come.”

I'd say we have always been keeping remembrance of the feasts for a very good reason that was given by God but the feasts have been misunderstood by the majority of Christians and Jews.

Last edited:

JonahofAkron

And if fulfillment is your qualification for not doing something, we should be still doing the last four feasts because He has yet to fulfill them.

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk

WatchmanOnTheWall

Why do you think the Father of Israel's people was a Jew?

"And the LORD spoke to Moses, saying, 'Speak to the children of Israel and say to them: ‘The feasts of the Lord, which you shall proclaim to be holy convocations, these are My feasts." (Leviticus 23:1-2)

Why did you comment without reading the OP? In future make sure you do so you don't look like a fool.

WatchmanOnTheWall

Jesus and the apostles did. Even after He was ascended, they continued.

Why did you comment without reading the OP? In future make sure you do so you don't look like a fool.

And if fulfillment is your qualification for not doing something, we should be still doing the last four feasts because He has yet to fulfill them.

Actually Jesus fulfilled 10.5 feast and holy days out of 12. There is is just 1.5 to fulfil.

JonahofAkron

Actually Jesus fulfilled 10.5 feast and holy days out of 12. There is is just 1.5 to fulfil.
I did read it. I also noticed that you do not have all 7 feasts laid out for discussion. You chose 3. You're missing 4 of them. No need to be unkind, especially when you don't even have all of the festivals in the op.

JonahofAkron

And for clarification, watchmen, are you saying that you do the feasts? Or only the ones mentioned?

WatchmanOnTheWall

I did read it. I also noticed that you do not have all 7 feasts laid out for discussion. You chose 3. You're missing 4 of them. No need to be unkind, especially when you don't even have all of the festivals in the op.

Well then you didn't understand what I said then, as I said we do; "I'd say we have always been keeping remembrance of the feasts for a very good reason that was given by God but have been misunderstood by the majority of Christians and Jews."

The 3 listed are the 3 most important as explained in the OP. I only listed them as too much information in an OP is often ignored or misunderstood. Yet even then you and Jamie don't bother reading it or misunderstand it. Ignore my good advice for all I care it is yourselves who will miss out and waste your time.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Wow! Your honestly saying you don't even know Easter is the Christian holiday that marks the Passover when Jesus died!?!

You don't know scripture, do you?

"For as often as you eat this bread and drink this cup, you proclaim the Lord’s death till He comes."
(1 Corinthians 11:26)

Passover is a memorial to Jesus' death.

JonahofAkron

Well then you didn't understand what I said then, as I said we do; "I'd say we have always been keeping remembrance of the feasts for a very good reason that was given by God but have been misunderstood by the majority of Christians and Jews."

The 3 listed are the 3 most important as explained in the OP. I only listed them as too much information in an OP is often ignored or misunderstood. Yet even then you and Jamie don't bother reading it or misunderstand it. Ignore my good advice for all I care it is yourselves who will miss out and waste your time.
Perhaps you should try not being so combative. Not really a good quality to have in a forum where there are many differing opinions. Not to mention, it seems like there is a lot information you did not put in your op that you are assuming everyone should understand.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Deuteronomy 16:16 – Three times a year all your men must appear before the LORD your God at the place he will choose:

1. Passover = Easter : Fulfilled by Jesus

2. Shavuot = Pentecost : Fulfilled by Jesus

3. Tabernacles = Harvest Festival : To be Fulfilled…

Luke 2:41 Every year Jesus' parents went to Jerusalem for the Festival of the Passover. And when He became twelve, they went up there according to the custom of the Feast;

Acts 2
1When the day of Pentecost came, they were all together in one place. 2Suddenly a sound like the blowing of a violent wind came from heaven and filled the whole house where they were sitting.3They saw what seemed to be tongues of fire that separated and came to rest on each of them. 4All of them were filled with the Holy Spirit and began to speak in other tonguesa as the Spirit enabled them.

John 7:2 & 8 – But when the Jewish Festival of Tabernacles was near, [Jesus said] “You go to the festival. I am not going up to this festival, because my time has not yet fully come.”

I'd say we have always been keeping remembrance of the feasts for a very good reason that was given by God but have been misunderstood by the majority of Christians and Jews.

Today is Rishon (First), Aviv (the first month, according to Torah) 23.

You may know about the feast of unleavened bread that Paul wanted to observe in Acts.

Be careful not to observe anything that is pagan.

WatchmanOnTheWall

Perhaps you should try not being so combative. Not really a good quality to have in a forum where there are many differing opinions. Not to mention, it seems like there is a lot information you did not put in your op that you are assuming everyone should understand.

You didn't understand the OP or my last post and you think you can handle more information. :doh:

WatchmanOnTheWall

You don't know scripture, do you?

"For as often as you eat this bread and drink this cup, you proclaim the Lord’s death till He comes."
(1 Corinthians 11:26)
That is the Eucharist (communion)! Not the Passover. Jesus was changing the symbolism of the Passover.

Passover is a memorial to Jesus' death.

How can Passover be a memorial! When it had been practised for 2000 years prior. Memorials by their very nature take place after an event. The Passover was a foreshadowing of Jesus death not a memorial.

Can't believe you got this so wrong but then you are just a little dog.