Should we bother with those old Jewish Feasts?

WatchmanOnTheWall

"For as often as you eat this bread and drink this cup you proclaim the Lord’s death till He comes."
(1 Corinthians 11:26)

A memorial honors someone's death.

You don't, so the Passover is not for you.

You really are thick. Moses took the first Passover 2000 years before Christ died for us.

memorial
noun
1. a statue or structure established to remind people of a person or event.

Memorials cannot happen before an event. God your thick!

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
You really are thick. Moses took the first Passover 2000 years before Christ died for us.

1. a statue or structure established to remind people of a person or event.

Memorials cannot happen before an event. God your thick!

Jesus changed the Passover the evening before he died the next afternoon.

Same day.

Animals are not sacrificed for the NT Passover.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
That's what I just told YOU in post #20 above; "That is the Eucharist (communion)! Not the Passover. Jesus was changing the symbolism of the Passover."Good for you little doggy. :TomO:

"When the hour had come, He sat down and the twelve apostles with Him. Then He said to them, 'With fervent desire I have desired to eat this Passover with you before I suffer, for I say to you, I will no longer eat of it until it is fulfilled in the kingdom of God.'" (Luke 22:14-16)

Jesus called it a Passover.

Your argument is with Jesus not me.

WatchmanOnTheWall

"When the hour had come, He sat down and the twelve apostles with Him. Then He said to them, 'With fervent desire I have desired to eat this Passover with you before I suffer, for I say to you, I will no longer eat of it until it is fulfilled in the kingdom of God.'" (Luke 22:14-16)

Jesus called it a Passover.

Your argument is with Jesus not me.

:doh: So you celebrate Passover each year do you? The Jewish celebration of when the Israelites were freed from their Egyptian slaves master. Your Jewish then? Well you better start believing in Jesus who was the fulfilment of that feast or you will go to hell.

I'm Christian you see and I take the communion which Jesus told us to do when he purposefully changed the symbolism of your Jewish feast.

(You don't know this but Jews actually drink the wine before eating the bread in their ritual, which I find horrible as the bread sticks in my throat).

genuineoriginal

Why do you think the Father of Israel's people was a Jew?

"And the LORD spoke to Moses, saying, 'Speak to the children of Israel and say to them: ‘The feasts of the Lord, which you shall proclaim to be holy convocations, these are My feasts." (Leviticus 23:1-2)

Correct, they are the Feasts of the Lord, not the Feasts of the Jews.

chair

Jews should definitely bother with "those old Jewish feasts". We've been at it a long time, and already had been at it for 1,000 years when that Jew from the Galilee "bothered with those old Jewish feasts."