Sick and tired of Knight's bigotry against Gnostic Christianity

Status
Not open for further replies.

rocketman

Resident Rocket Surgeon
Hall of Fame
Banning is the closest Knight will ever get to his dreams of such religious organizational power, lucky for us as America's Constitution protects us from such theological fascism.

Ahhh its a small kingdom but, it is his...America's Constitution also protects the right of TOL and it's staff to run this forum as it pleases. If you hate it so much, beat it!

waterbear

BANNED
Banned
Hey waterbrain, do you REALLY think I gave you a one day TOL vacation for you Gnosticism??

Is this guy for real?

Knight, do you pay any attention to the feedback coming at you for your power tripping here on TOL? You are such a classic example of the forum monitor as petty bureaucrat in office protecting his turf.

You need the vacation, pal, because you're out of your league now and showing your true colors as the bigot you are. You have zip spiritual knowledge or authority over any of us here and as for Gnosticism, you really do need to go back to school and learn what Christianity really is about vs. the Republican Mammonism you stand for.

Thunder's Muse

Is this guy for real?

Knight, do you pay any attention to the feedback coming at you for your power tripping here on TOL? You are such a classic example of the forum monitor as petty bureaucrat in office protecting his turf.

You need the vacation, pal, because you're out of your league now and showing your true colors as the bigot you are. You have zip spiritual knowledge or authority over any of us here and as for Gnosticism, you really do need to go back to school and learn what Christianity really is about vs. the Republican Mammonism you stand for.

You know... you are more likely to get banned for mouthing off like that than you are for having a belief that Knight doesn't agree with. I don't think Knight has EVER banned someone simply for their beliefs....

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Is this guy for real?
Coming from a Gnostic? :chuckle:

Said the self-made martyr? :eek:

You need the vacation, pal, because you're out of your league now and showing your true colors as the bigot you are.
Translation: for Pete's sake, all my cool friends are waiting on me to tell them how some right wing nutter tossed me out in fear of my prodigious intellect and argument. What's the hold up?

You have zip spiritual knowledge
Translation: you don't agree with me.

or authority over any of us here
Translation: I haven't quite gotten how the whole forum thing works yet.

and as for Gnosticism, you really do need to go back to school and learn what Christianity really is about vs. the Republican Mammonism you stand for.
Translation: I'm an enlightened, God filled, spiritually superior being, as my name calling and chest pounding should have pointed out to you by now. :IA:

ghost

Hall of Fame
Hey TomO I was looking at the picture in the chatbox. I'm guessing that waterbear received that gift from the Lady in the Lake?

TomO

Get used to it.
Hall of Fame
Hey TomO I was looking at the picture in the chatbox. I'm guessing that waterbear received that gift from the Lady in the Lake?

:chuckle: Not exactly....he mail ordered it.

He had to have a metal-smith do the goofy peace sign thing in order to get it through customs in Israel. That photo is him "baptizing" the mighty "Paxcalibur" in the river Jordan. :)

Last edited:

Sherman

I identify as a Christian
Staff member
Administrator
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Is this guy for real?
I find myself wondering if you are for real. You just don't get it.

Knight, do you pay any attention to the feedback coming at you for your power tripping here on TOL?
What a dumb question to ask. Running a website isn't about power tripping. Apparently you haven't run a forum before. It's a lot of work. I've been the number two person on a forum before. That was a lot of work. Knight being the owner has even more responsibilities.
You are such a classic example of the forum monitor as petty bureaucrat in office protecting his turf.
You are the one who is being petty and whining about your ban. There are plenty of people on here that are tired of your whining. :angrymob: It isn't your gnosticism that is getting you in trouble. It is your attitude.

You need the vacation, pal, because you're out of your league now and showing your true colors as the bigot you are.
Your true colors as an attention monger came out a long time ago.
You have zip spiritual knowledge or authority over any of us here and as for Gnosticism, you really do need to go back to school and learn what Christianity really is about vs. the Republican Mammonism you stand for.
:doh: Do you really have the authority to be saying stuff like this? Read the rules page.

You'll find this.

Keep in mind TOL is a biased forum, leaning very far to the Christian right, and therefore we interpret our rules from OUR perspective. There are many dissenting voices on TOL who have been debating us and fellowshipping with us for years, but those voices understand whose house party they are at and are respectful of that.

Are you keeping that in mind? I don't think so. You burst in here and dump beer on the tables and even the carpet so to speak. This is Knight's party. Being at this party is a privilage, not a right.

You can aviod a ban by familiarizing yourself with the rules and abiding by them. There are those that come to this site and blend in. Then there are those that stick out like a sore thumb. Your fellow Gnostic, Freelight blends in because he follows the rules.

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
You can aviod a ban by familiarizing yourself with the rules and abiding by them. There are those that come to this site and blend in. Then there are those that stick out like a sore thumb. Your fellow Gnostic, Freelight blends in because he follows the rules.

Well thank you Inzl,

I do my best. I've addressed waterbear elsewhere on this issue such as Here. Gnostic viewpoints among other religious views are welcome here, especially in the 'Religion' section, as this forum is for engaging dialogue. How we engage is 'key'.

pj

Frank Ernest

Hall of Fame
Coming from a Gnostic? :chuckle:

Said the self-made martyr? :eek:

Translation: for Pete's sake, all my cool friends are waiting on me to tell them how some right wing nutter tossed me out in fear of my prodigious intellect and argument. What's the hold up?

Translation: you don't agree with me.

Translation: I haven't quite gotten how the whole forum thing works yet.

Translation: I'm an enlightened, God filled, spiritually superior being, as my name calling and chest pounding should have pointed out to you by now. :IA:
:darwinsm: :first:

Sherman

I identify as a Christian
Staff member
Administrator
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
:chuckle: Not exactly....he mail ordered it.

He had to have a metal-smith do the goofy peace sign thing in order to get it through customs in Israel. That photo is him "baptizing" the mighty "Paxcalibur" in the river Jordan. :)
I browsed his website. The guy's lost in his own little world. His religion I don't think even qualifies as 'gnosticism'. It is a homespun goofball cult of 1.

waterbear

BANNED
Banned
This pretty much sums it up.

Yeah, you don't lie down and roll over and beg Knight's approval and swear allegiance to Mammon like most TOL rightwingers do calling themselves "Christians", you end up banned or even bad mouthed by Knight's toadies lining up for pat's on the head from Master..

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
appropriating knowledge........

appropriating knowledge........

I browsed his website. The guy's lost in his own little world. His religion I don't think even qualifies as 'gnosticism'. It is a homespun goofball cult of 1.

I read a bit of the bio-mystical christianity webpage, and some aspects of what is shared are consonant with some gnostic perspectives, although it appears to be a synthesis of views, correlating his own personal revelations and visions as well. If/when I do further research on particulars and the general concensus of the material, I can more properly critique it.

I'm not aware from previous posts is waterbear has linked his personal websites for sharing, as he does not list such in his 'personal website' space on his profile. So not sure how 'open' he is with such, and if points on such pages were up to the challenge of being discussed here.

Even my own invitation to join my 'Esoteric School of Gnostic Wisdom' social group was turned down, merely a friendly gesture if he was interested, as my perspective on gnosticism appear to be much more liberal and all-inclusive than his and it apparently was too universal, pluralistic or sanitized for his liking.

But even behind all the religious/philosophical schools and general mysticism,....I hold Non-Duality (originating from Adviata Vedanta) to be the most direct approach to reality, 'God' (as pure being and consciousness) as taught by teachers such as Ramana Maharshi and Nisargadatta Maharaj and many modern day teachers within the non-dualism path.

Truth is that which actually exists, in the very core and essence of one's own 'being' for it cannot exist anywhere else to be of value, since there is no reality beyond this Presence. Only what is actually being, is real. - my pathways into Gnostic mythology are more peripherial adventures and blend in quite well with the experience of 'God' shared in most all religious traditions. After all, 'God' is a Universal Presence.

pj

Status
Not open for further replies.