SOTK's SPOTD 1-19-03

Status
Not open for further replies.

SOTK

Originally posted by LightSon

I appreciate your response Clete.

I was challenged by SOTK's response; it was ardent, and for good reason. He knows what it feels like to suffer as an addict. I share that feeling.

Addicts (of which alcoholics are a subset) are trained to just not go there, because the risk of experimenting is just too great.

I will reread your initial post on this, as it does have all the earmarks of Christian "liberty". I've spent my share of time pondering this issue and will probably continue to do so.

"...all things are lawful for me, but I will not be brought under the power of any." 1st Cor 6:12b

As a possible resolution to this issue, I wonder if guys like SOTK and I have relinquished our liberty with respect to drinking, because of our past. For us, to have even one drink is to be "brought under the power."

Your initial post, while having a certain rationale, is the exact kind of mental gymnastics an addict would devise to give himself the "liberty" to reoffend. We addicts have all sorts of lies we can tap to help us wander into dangerous territory. To avoid this, we are trained to "just say no". As has been observed, the line between having a drink and being drunk is ill-defined. As a son of God and of the Light, I am admonished as follows: "For ye were sometimes darkness, but now are ye light in the Lord: walk as children of light." Eph 5:8

Does it make good sense that as children of light, we just can't afford to approach that line of drunkeness (darkness) by taking even one drink?

I hope I haven't been presumptuous in aligning myself with you, SOTK. :)

Blessings to SOTK and to Clete. May the Lord be glorified in us.

:first:

Nice Post! I appreciate the support too! :up:

Context

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.