ECT Spiritual Israel?

Danoh

It is much easier to converse with Steko than with you, Danoh.

He does not make vague explanation to express his faith.

I like his honest approach even though I don't agree with most, if not all, of his beliefs.

:chuckle: Now that Tam is mad at me again, perhaps I should hire Steko to keep my posts un-vague.

Rom. 5:6-8.

Danoh

Not me, I learn from Jesus' own word.

That's why we don't agree on just about anything.

Never mind study methods; right?

Just get in there and go with whatever one thinks any passage is talking about.

And where does "Jesus" say "the Body of Christ is spiritual Israel?"

Rom. 5: 6-8.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
Never mind study methods; right?

Just get in there and go with whatever one thinks any passage is talking about.

And where does "Jesus" say "the Body of Christ is spiritual Israel?"

Rom. 5: 6-8.

I will bring the verses later but I know you have excuses to oppose it which I don't care.

I have to get some sleep.

good night.

Danoh

that's a great idea.

every time when he posts, he gets approval from main MADs here.

No. Not every time.

Apparently you haven't noticed that but for DanP and myself, and sometimes Jerry, when one MAD posts something the others do.not agree with, they often just don't say ANYTHING about it, nor post a thank you to that MAD.

Only DanP and I tend to make noise when we do not agree with what another MAD posts.

I even more so.

Which is one more reason they have an issue with me :chuckle:

Danoh

I will bring the verses later but I know you have excuses to oppose it which I don't care.

I have to get some sleep.

good night.

Good luck with that.

For you will have to clearly define a few things first.

And good night back to you.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
Good luck with that.

For you will have to clearly define a few things first.

And good night back to you.

here is one but I bring some more from Jesus' word.

39 They answered and said to Him, “Abraham is our father.”

Jesus said to them, “If you were Abraham’s children, you would do the works of Abraham. 40 But now you seek to kill Me, a Man who has told you the truth which I heard from God. Abraham did not do this. 41 You do the deeds of your father.”

Then they said to Him, “We were not born of fornication; we have one Father—God.”

42 Jesus said to them, “If God were your Father, you would love Me, for I proceeded forth and came from God; nor have I come of Myself, but He sent Me. 43 Why do you not understand My speech? Because you are not able to listen to My word. 44 You are of your father the devil, and the desires of your father you want to do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and does not stand in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaks a lie, he speaks from his own resources, for he is a liar and the father of it.

I am in a process of moving out my apartment.

I have a tons of work to do.

thanks.

turbosixx

12 plus minutes (shorter version of a 3 part series) proving otherwise, and its basis...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OwHfDBqFXk0&app=desktop

2 Tim. 2:15

I watched the videos you linked and more including this one. I basically agree with his methods if I understood them correctly.
No secret code
Literal unless common sense says it’s not
Compare scripture with scripture using the closest context first

I do however disagree with his conclusions about the division of the dispensations. It appears to me that he didn’t continue Paul’s point about the “now”.
When talking about the secret vs. prophecy, he compares Peter in Acts 3 and Paul in Romans 16. He says Peter is speaking about that which has been spoken of since the world began and Paul has revealed that which has been secret since the world began. What I disagree with is that he stopped short when quoting Paul, not using the closest context, which totally changes the meaning.

Here is the whole verse:
But now is made manifest, and by the scriptures of the prophets, according to the commandment of the everlasting God, made known to all nations for the obedience of faith:
“by the scriptures of the prophets made known”. Paul is using the prophetic writings to prove the gospel is also for the Gentiles. Paul also starts out the book saying the same thing.
Romans 1:1 Paul, a servant of Jesus Christ, called to be an apostle, separated unto the gospel of God, 2 (Which he had promised afore by his prophets in the holy scriptures,)
1:5 By whom we have received grace and apostleship, for obedience to the faith among all nations, for his name:

The gospel being preached to the Gentiles is found in the scriptures of the prophets.
Isaiah 42:6 I the LORD have called thee in righteousness, and will hold thine hand, and will keep thee, and give thee for a covenant of the people, for a light of the Gentiles;
Isaiah 49:6 And he said, It is a light thing that thou shouldest be my servant to raise up the tribes of Jacob, and to restore the preserved of Israel: I will also give thee for a light to the Gentiles, that thou mayest be my salvation unto the end of the earth.

Here Paul quotes Isaiah when he tells the Jews he’s going to the Gentiles.
Acts 13:46 Then Paul and Barnabas waxed bold, and said, It was necessary that the word of God should first have been spoken to you: but seeing ye put it from you, and judge yourselves unworthy of everlasting life, lo, we turn to the Gentiles. 47 For so hath the Lord commanded us, saying, I have set thee to be a light of the Gentiles, that thou shouldest be for salvation unto the ends of the earth.

If the gospel Paul was set apart for and salvation going to the Gentiles can be found in the writings of the prophets, what information is new?

DAN P

I watched the videos you linked and more including this one. I basically agree with his methods if I understood them correctly.
No secret code

I do however disagree with his conclusions about the division of the dispensations. It appears to me that he didn’t continue Paul’s point about the “now”.
When talking about the secret vs. prophecy, he compares Peter in Acts 3 and Paul in Romans 16. He says Peter is speaking about that which has been spoken of since the world began and Paul has revealed that which has been secret since the world began. What I disagree with is that he stopped short when quoting Paul, not using the closest context, which totally changes the meaning.

Here is the whole verse:
But now is made manifest, and by the scriptures of the prophets, according to the commandment of the everlasting God, made known to all nations for the obedience of faith:
“by the scriptures of the prophets made known”. Paul is using the prophetic writings to prove the gospel is also for the Gentiles. Paul also starts out the book saying the same thing.
Romans 1:1 Paul, a servant of Jesus Christ, called to be an apostle, separated unto the gospel of God, 2 (Which he had promised afore by his prophets in the holy scriptures,)
1:5 By whom we have received grace and apostleship, for obedience to the faith among all nations, for his name:

The gospel being preached to the Gentiles is found in the scriptures of the prophets.
Isaiah 42:6 I the LORD have called thee in righteousness, and will hold thine hand, and will keep thee, and give thee for a covenant of the people, for a light of the Gentiles;
Isaiah 49:6 And he said, It is a light thing that thou shouldest be my servant to raise up the tribes of Jacob, and to restore the preserved of Israel: I will also give thee for a light to the Gentiles, that thou mayest be my salvation unto the end of the earth.

Acts 13:46 Then Paul and Barnabas waxed bold, and said, It was necessary that the word of God should first have been spoken to you: but seeing ye put it from you, and judge yourselves unworthy of everlasting life, lo, we turn to the Gentiles. 47 For so hath the Lord commanded us, saying, I have set thee to be a light of the Gentiles, that thou shouldest be for salvation unto the ends of the earth.

If the gospel Paul was set apart for and salvation going to the Gentiles can be found in the writings of the prophets, what information is new?

Hi and what is NEW is the MYSTERY , THE BODY OF CHRIST , A NEW CREATION , REDEMPTION , JUSTIFICATION , SEATED IN THE HEAVENLY , A NEW MESSAGE , SAVED BY GRACE , just to mention a few things !!

dan p

meshak

BANNED
Banned
39 They answered and said to Him, “Abraham is our father.”

Jesus said to them, “If you were Abraham’s children, you would do the works of Abraham. 40 But now you seek to kill Me, a Man who has told you the truth which I heard from God. Abraham did not do this. 41 You do the deeds of your father.”

Then they said to Him, “We were not born of fornication; we have one Father—God.”

42 Jesus said to them, “If God were your Father, you would love Me, for I proceeded forth and came from God; nor have I come of Myself, but He sent Me. 43 Why do you not understand My speech? Because you are not able to listen to My word. 44 You are of your father the devil, and the desires of your father you want to do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and does not stand in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaks a lie, he speaks from his own resources, for he is a liar and the father of it.

bump for Danoh.

this is just one. I will bring some more.

Danoh

No secret code

Here is the whole verse:

He stopped short of the balance of what Romans 16:26 goes on to say, because the balance of that is a different issue.

Did he go into the balance of Acts 3? No.

Because the rest of it is also comprised of various, different issues the one he did touch on, is central to.

And your take on Romans 16:26's "scriptures of the prophets" makes Paul appear confused.

How can something about Gentile salvation and or establishment that was kept secret since the world began, be the same as that about Gentile salvation that was prophesied since the world began?

They are not - Paul is referring to his own "commandment of God" and therefore, to his own "prophetic writings."

As in Peter's explanation of what became of the Lord's promised return that Peter had preached, say, in Acts 3...

What became of the Lord's promised return?

2 Peter 3:3 Knowing this first, that there shall come in the last days scoffers, walking after their own lusts, 3:4 And saying, Where is the promise of his coming? for since the fathers fell asleep, all things continue as they were from the beginning of the creation.

3:9 The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.

Where did Peter get that from?

3:14 Wherefore, beloved, seeing that ye look for such things, be diligent that ye may be found of him in peace, without spot, and blameless. 3:15 And account that the longsuffering of our Lord is salvation; even as our beloved brother Paul also according to the wisdom given unto him hath written unto you; 3:16 As also in all his epistles, speaking in them of these things; in which are some things hard to be understood, which they that are unlearned and unstable wrest, as they do also the other scriptures, unto their own destruction.

Track that down in Paul's writings.

And Peter is asserting that just as people in their day had ended up distorting the OT, their same kind had ended up distorting these new things being revealed thru Paul that had been the basis of the Lord's delay of His promised return to Israel, that Paul had written about and that Peter's readers obviously had copies of.

By the way; there goes the false idea that the RCC decided the Cannon of Scripture several centuries later.

And here, you wanna play prophet, or spiritual, let's see if you're playing by its rules, or your own..

Acts 26:16 But rise, and stand upon thy feet: for I have appeared unto thee for this purpose, to make thee a minister and a witness both of these things which thou hast seen, and of those things in the which I will appear unto thee; 26:17 Delivering thee from the people, and from the Gentiles, unto whom now I send thee, 26:18 To open their eyes, and to turn them from darkness to light, and from the power of Satan unto God, that they may receive forgiveness of sins, and inheritance among them which are sanctified by faith that is in me.

1 Corinthians 14:37 If any man think himself to be a prophet, or spiritual, let him acknowledge that the things that I write unto you are the commandments of the Lord.

For the Lord Himself revealed this Mystery to Paul that Paul ALONE, is ever going on about.

Romans 15:15 Nevertheless, brethren, I have written the more boldly unto you in some sort, as putting you in mind, because of the grace that is given to me of God, 15:16 That I should be the minister of Jesus Christ to the Gentiles, ministering the gospel of God, that the offering up of the Gentiles might be acceptable, being sanctified by the Holy Ghost. 15:17 I have therefore whereof I may glory through Jesus Christ in those things which pertain to God. 15:18 For I will not dare to speak of any of those things which Christ hath not wrought by me, to make the Gentiles obedient, by word and deed, 15:19 Through mighty signs and wonders, by the power of the Spirit of God; so that from Jerusalem, and round about unto Illyricum, I have fully preached the gospel of Christ. 15:20 Yea, so have I strived to preach the gospel, not where Christ was named, lest I should build upon another man's foundation: 15:21 But as it is written, To whom he was not spoken of, they shall see: and they that have not heard shall understand.

You see that last passage?

It is Paul's unique use of passages like that, that also throws off those who erroneously conclude that a passage like the balance of Romans 16:26 is asserting that what was kept secret since the world began is the same as what was prophesied in the OT, or that it was hidden in the OT, or what have you.

To your credit, though, you at least continue to look at what you are encouraged to look at towards considering the truth of.

You are perhaps only one of possibly two others on here who apparently even bothered with those videos.

To that much then.

To the Three-Fold Study Principle so readily apparent described in the following nobility..

Acts 17:11 These were more noble than those in Thessalonica, in that they received the word with all readiness of mind, and searched the scriptures daily, whether those things were so. 17:12 Therefore many of them believed; also of honourable women which were Greeks, and of men, not a few.

And until you are otherwise fully persuaded in your own mind, Rom. 14:5 then.

And until then - Romans 5:6-8 towards you.

turbosixx

And your take on Romans 16:26's "scriptures of the prophets" makes Paul appear confused.
Not at all.
Acts 28:23 When they had appointed a day for him, they came to him at his lodging in greater numbers. From morning till evening he expounded to them, testifying to the kingdom of God and trying to convince them about Jesus both from the Law of Moses and from the Prophets.

Jesus did the same.
Luke 24:25 And he said to them, “O foolish ones, and slow of heart to believe all that the prophets have spoken! 26 Was it not necessary that the Christ should suffer these things and enter into his glory?” 27 And beginning with Moses and all the Prophets, he interpreted to them in all the Scriptures the things concerning himself.

I would suggest you're focusing too much on the commas and not on the paragraph.
It’s all about Jesus, not Israel.
Gal. 3:16 Now the promises were made to Abraham and to his offspring. It does not say, “And to offsprings,” referring to many, but referring to one, “And to your offspring,” who is Christ.

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
I would suggest you're focusing too much on the commas and not on the paragraph.
It’s all about Jesus, not Israel.
Gal. 3:16 Now the promises were made to Abraham and to his offspring. It does not say, “And to offsprings,” referring to many, but referring to one, “And to your offspring,” who is Christ.

With no knowledge of Galatians 3:15, would anyone ever get the idea when reading Genesis 12-22 that GOD was referring to one singular seed?