Suicidality and the Second Amendment

Idolater

"Foundation of the World" Dispensationalist χρ
I don't deny that there's something wrong with schools. idk how many school shooters are personally associated with the schools they choose to shoot up, but it's not negligible. iow they don't just randomly pick a school out of a phonebook to shoot up.

What might be so wrong with schools that suicidal people decide to go shoot one of them up rather than just shoot themselves without involving anybody or any other institution?

It could be the bullying. Who knows.

Jefferson

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
I don't deny that there's something wrong with schools. idk how many school shooters are personally associated with the schools they choose to shoot up, but it's not negligible. iow they don't just randomly pick a school out of a phonebook to shoot up.

What might be so wrong with schools that suicidal people decide to go shoot one of them up rather than just shoot themselves without involving anybody or any other institution?

It could be the bullying. Who knows.
Why aren't the shrinks of these shooters ever interviewed?

Idolater

This mass murderer didn't kill himself but his actions had no reasonable hope of him escaping as he just seemed to go on a spree, driving around and murdering people until he was caught "without incident." If the police had shot at him, he would have died, so who knows.

There is this little tidbit though:
The apparent mass murderer " ... had previously been charged with criminal attempted first degree murder, but pleaded guilty in April 2021 to a lesser charge of aggravated assault. He was sentenced to three years in prison but only served 11 months and was released in March .... "

Idolater

Suicidality and the Second Amendment in one chart:

https://www.reddit.com/r/dataisbeautiful/comments/x5m70v
Most every school shooting in America is a suicide.
"Most every school shooting in America is a suicide."

American schools have a suicide crisis. If the schools now are so much better than schools used to be (like in the 1800's when the one-room schoolhouse was the norm), then why nowadays is suicidality apparently a much bigger problem in America?

I can't prove that schools are at the center of the school shooting and the suicidality, even if many school shooters are returning to one of their own schools to shoot them up (not some random school iow).

It could just be a coincidence. But then again ... maybe not.

Idolater

... I can't prove that schools are at the center of the school shooting and the suicidality, even if many school shooters are returning to one of their own schools to shoot them up (not some random school iow).

It could just be a coincidence. But then again ... maybe not.
Seems a little unlikely to be a coincidence:

"The gunman died at a hospital after a gun battle with officers ... He was identified as Orlando Harris, who graduated from the school last year."

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
Seems a little unlikely to be a coincidence:

"The gunman died at a hospital after a gun battle with officers ... He was identified as Orlando Harris, who graduated from the school last year."
CNN reporting it as "a long gun" and not an assault rifle?

Curious

TomO

Get used to it.
Hall of Fame
CNN reporting it as "a long gun" and not an assault rifle?

Curious
Hmm. Another source said it was an AR pattern. Maybe they don't want to use bogeyman terms with the upcoming mid-terms so close, and with Dems looking like they're going to take it in the shorts.
I read a piece awhile back that the AP put out a guide which advised away from the old buzz words...I guess it was for real. :unsure:

Idolater

Idolater

Idolater

Suicidality in this country rn is a super-duper tragedy, make no mistake.

73xzlddkkopz.jpg