Take away Americans guns

CherubRam

Take away Americans guns.
There are American politicians who want to take away Americans guns. Those politicians think that it would be the answer to a problem.
What would Americans do if their guns were taken away? Answer: They make their own guns and build bombs.
Americans kept their guns to prevent a government takeover, among other reasons.

jgarden

BANNED
Banned
Take away Americans guns.
There are American politicians who want to take away Americans guns. Those politicians think that it would be the answer to a problem.
What would Americans do if their guns were taken away? Answer: They make their own guns and build bombs.
Americans kept their guns to prevent a government takeover, among other reasons.
No one individual could kill 50 innocent Americans and wound another 53 without access to an automatic assault rifle with large magazines of ammunition.

Assault rifles were designed for only one purpose - so we shouldn't be surprised when disturbed "lone wolves" have access to them!

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
I love this debate. It falls on this idea that it's possible to take away guns from Americans like we're the UK. I don't think people quite understand the concept of an unwilling body of people with arms :rolleyes:

CherubRam

No one individual could kill 50 innocent Americans and wound another 53 without access to an automatic assault rifle with large magazines of ammunition.

Assault rifles were designed for only one purpose - so we shouldn't be surprised when disturbed "lone wolves" have access to them!
A bomb could have killed all of the people. Take away the guns and only criminals will have them. Taking away guns is how dictatorships have started.

CherubRam

I love this debate. It falls on this idea that it's possible to take away guns from Americans like we're the UK. I don't think people quite understand the concept of an unwilling body of people with arms :rolleyes:

Take away peoples automobiles and there will be less crime. That is how the logic of some people works.

rexlunae

People who want guns will get them. Just as those who want illegal drugs can get them. Where there is a market there will be those willing to get and sell the product.

There may be a black market, but that doesn't mean it wouldn't be an effective policy. I think most Americans, even tough-talking gun nuts will decline to become criminals.

Bradley D

There may be a black market, but that doesn't mean it wouldn't be an effective policy. I think most Americans, even tough-talking gun nuts will decline to become criminals.

Most Americans are not the problem. It is the few bad ones that are the problem.

Crucible

BANNED
Banned

Not when they perceive taking guns a crime. It is, by the very constitution of the United States, treasonous. The UK never had this.
You can't disarm America :plain:

rexlunae

Not when they perceive taking guns a crime. It is, by the very constitution of the United States, treasonous. The UK never had this.
You can't disarm America :plain:

You could be right. And the cost will continue to be a river of blood. Because, freedom?

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
You could be right. And the cost will continue to be a river of blood. Because, freedom?

Exactly. Because disarming a people is just a dam in that river that will collapse into chaos. All of history teaches this, there has never been anything good out of taking arms from citizens.
But your kind do not like history- you think mankind has stumbled upon something over the past, what, few decades that all of human history never grasped?
Meh, I'll stick with reality. You all are so lost in your vanities that you are blind to it.

rexlunae

Exactly. Because disarming a people is just a dam in that river that will collapse into chaos. All of history teaches this, there has never been anything good out of taking arms from citizens.

"All of history", meaning what? Some fanciful (and mostly untrue) story of Nazis taking away guns? (http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-m...en-carson/fact-checking-ben-carson-nazi-guns/)

Have you ever been outside the US?

But your kind do not like history-

I don't like your inaccurate and ideology-tainted (not to mention vague) reading of history. It's not quite the same thing.

you think mankind has stumbled upon something over the past, what, few decades that all of human history never grasped?

I'm not even sure what you're referring to, but arms control is neither new nor unproven. The US has far higher gun ownership rates than other countries, and far higher rates of violence. And we seem to be unwilling to do the simplest things about it.

Meh, I'll stick with reality. You all are so lost in your vanities that you are blind to it.

Here's some reality for you. Most of these mass shooters have various warning signs, like histories of violence or known emotional or mental problems. Most of them acquire their weapons legally. Seems like we ought to be able to connect the information from the former to prevent the later. Sure, it might not prevent all violent homicides, but it likely would prevent some. That seems worth it to me. I consider security to be an essential feature of freedom.

CherubRam

On Nov. 11, 1938, the German minister of the interior issued "Regulations Against Jews Possession of Weapons." Not only were Jews forbidden to own guns and ammunition, they couldn’t own "truncheons or stabbing weapons."

CherubRam

If the man would have used a bomb instead of a rifle, he could have killed everyone. Did you know that if a person is killed with a butter knife, that the butter knife is called an assault weapon.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
I think mental records should be included in background checks to purchase weapons. Anyone with depression and/or suicidal or psychotic disorders should be barred from buying guns.