Take away Americans guns

northwye

"Every citizen shall have the right to bear arms in defence of himself and the republic. The military shall at all times and in all cases be subordinate to the civil power." Constitution of the Republic of Texas.

"Every person shall have the right to keep and bear arms in the lawful defence of himself or the State, under such regulations as the legislature may prescribe." Texas State Constitution...

"That the right of every citizen to keep and bear arms in defense of his home, person and property, or when lawfully summoned in aid of the civil power, shall not be questioned; but this shall not justify the wearing of concealed weapons........" Missouri Constitution

CherubRam

There is ZERO talk of taking away guns from American. There is talk of future purchases of assault weapons and background checks. I don't think anyone should be against that. It's wrong to say THEY want to take away OUR guns. Silly.

If you should buy a gun for yourself, would you want a good one, or a bad one? Dictatorships always confiscate the guns of their people, and then subjugate and murder them. "Germans who wish to use firearms should join the SS or the SA. Ordinary citizens don't need guns, as their having guns doesn't serve the State" -- Heinrich Himmler.

Scroll down to the center of the page for a history lesson: http://www.cuttingedge.org/news/n1877b.cfm

CherubRam

U.S. Constitution -- "Amendment II --A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed."

"Court Upholds State Assault Weapons Ban", L.A. Times, December 6, 2002.

"U.S. appellate panel rules that the 2nd Amendment does not give individuals the right to keep and bear arms..."

Did you know that the government is not obligated to protect its citizens.

exminister

If you should buy a gun for yourself, would you want a good one, or a bad one? Dictatorships always confiscate the guns of their people, and then subjugate and murder them. "Germans who wish to use firearms should join the SS or the SA. Ordinary citizens don't need guns, as their having guns doesn't serve the State" -- Heinrich Himmler.

Scroll down to the center of the page for a history lesson: http://www.cuttingedge.org/news/n1877b.cfm

Nuke anyone?

Explain to me how the restriction of machine guns in the 1930s and ban in 1980s "took away your guns"?
How is it any different than putting on a restriction on assault weapons which are for the same reason - kill humans and as many as you can ?

exminister

U.S. Constitution -- "Amendment II --A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed."

"Court Upholds State Assault Weapons Ban", L.A. Times, December 6, 2002.

"U.S. appellate panel rules that the 2nd Amendment does not give individuals the right to keep and bear arms..."

The government personnel are citizens.

Do you really think you could make a stand with all your weapons against the military?

TomO

Get used to it.
Hall of Fame

:chuckle: I always find it amusing when I have to break it to someone that it's not a Cop's job to protect you as a private citizen and he/she is under no obligation to do so. Now, granted, he/she may indeed do so because they are a decent human being or do so in the performance of their duties (enforcing the law)...But that would be incidental.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
There is ZERO talk of taking away guns from American. There is talk of future purchases of assault weapons and background checks. I don't think anyone should be against that. It's wrong to say THEY want to take away OUR guns. Silly.
Hillary is bad news for gun owners

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
No one individual could kill 50 innocent Americans and wound another 53 without access to an automatic assault rifle with large magazines of ammunition.

Seriously?

You can't be this stupid.

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
"All of history", meaning what? Some fanciful (and mostly untrue) story of Nazis taking away guns? (http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-m...en-carson/fact-checking-ben-carson-nazi-guns/)

There's a lot more stories than that, hombre :rolleyes:

I'm not even sure what you're referring to, but arms control is neither new nor unproven. The US has far higher gun ownership rates than other countries, and far higher rates of violence. And we seem to be unwilling to do the simplest things about it.

America doesn't labor under delusions that 'arms control' is some miracle cure.

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
Hillary is bad news for gun owners

She's bad news period :chuckle:

You can't trust anti-gun advocates. Look at Obama as a shining example: he blamed this recent attack on the gun rather than the Islamist. Is that what we want dictating our freedoms and security :freak:

Frankly, it's just flat out disturbing.

CherubRam

Nuke anyone?

Explain to me how the restriction of machine guns in the 1930s and ban in 1980s "took away your guns"?
How is it any different than putting on a restriction on assault weapons which are for the same reason - kill humans and as many as you can ?
Machine guns are automatic weapons for military use. The term "assault weapon" is a term that applies to "ANYTHING" that is used to assault with. Automobiles are also dangerous, should we take them away also?

PureX

Take away Americans guns.
There are American politicians who want to take away Americans guns.
This is simply not true. No American politician wants to take away anyone's guns.

What people want, and some politicians, too, is to regulate gun ownership and use so that we can minimize the number of deaths caused by firearms.

When you tell yourself, and others, lies like this, you are only making a bad situation worse. And so is the NRA, and the right wing media when they tell the same lie.

No one is suggesting that we ban gun ownership, or take guns away from law-abiding citizens.

I'll repeat this because I know you don't want to recognize it:

No one is suggesting that we ban gun ownership, or that we take guns away from law-abiding citizens.

CherubRam

:chuckle: I always find it amusing when I have to break it to someone that it's not a Cop's job to protect you as a private citizen and he/she is under no obligation to do so. Now, granted, he/she may indeed do so because they are a decent human being or do so in the performance of their duties (enforcing the law)...But that would be incidental.

A very large percent of people have delusions as to what is true. If they deem a situation to dangerous, they can wait until it is over with. The police are obligated to make a report after you are dead.

CherubRam

This is simply not true. No American politician wants to take away anyone's guns.

What people want, and some politicians, too, is to regulate gun ownership and use so that we can minimize the number of deaths caused by firearms.

When you tell yourself, and others, lies like this, you are only making a bad situation worse. And so is the NRA, and the right wing media when they tell the same lie.

No one is suggesting that we ban gun ownership, or take guns away from law-abiding citizens.

I'll repeat this because I know you don't want to recognize it:

No one is suggesting that we ban gun ownership, or that we take guns away from law-abiding citizens.

True, they do want government citizens to have guns.

exminister

It is not impossible. Germany avoided attacking Sweden because its citizens were armed.
No. I have a long time friend from Sweden. She told me Sweden has a lot of guilt because they cow towed to Hitler and let him cross through their country. He had no need to attack.