Tasted Death for every Man !

Nanja

If we would understand the ramifications of Christ having tasted death, we would understand that it could not have been for every man without exception. Heb 2:9

But we see Jesus, who was made a little lower than the angels for the suffering of death, crowned with glory and honour; that he by the grace of God should taste death for every man.

The word taste

1. to taste, to try the flavour of
  2. to taste
    1. i.e. perceive the flavour of, partake of, enjoy
    2. to feel, make trial of, experience
  3. to take food, eat, to take nourishment, eat

See He experienced death in behalf of every man He died for. The death He eperienced is the death they incurred as the wages of their sins Rom 6:23

23 For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.

Rom 5:12

12 Wherefore, as by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned:

So these whom He tasted / experience death their behalf, are fully exonerated/discharged from having to experience it for themselves, as the wages for their sins. Death for them has been abolished 2 Tim 1:10

10 But is now made manifest by the appearing of our Saviour Jesus Christ, who hath abolished death, and hath brought life and immortality to light through the gospel:

Thats a key element in constituting Him Our Saviour, abolishing death for us by tasting death for us.

Its not possible for Christ to have tasted death for an individual and it didn't for that individual abolish death. That would be a detriment to His accomplishment and Him being the Saviour.

Many will have to go into the second death Rev 21:8

But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death

Therefore Christ could not have tasted death and abolished death on their behalf.
Amen exactly Brother !

Robert Pate

Banned
The writer of Hebrews wrote Heb 2:9

9 But we see Jesus, who was made a little lower than the angels for the suffering of death, crowned with glory and honour; that he by the grace of God should taste death for every man.

Now honestly, did the writer write here that Christ tasted death for all mankind without exception here ? Nope he did not. In the original man isnt in the verse:

τὸν δὲ βραχύ τι παρ᾽ ἀγγέλους ἠλαττωμένον βλέπομεν Ἰησοῦν διὰ τὸ πάθημα τοῦ θανάτου δόξῃ καὶ τιμῇ ἐστεφανωμένον ὅπως χάριτι θεοῦ ὑπὲρ παντὸς γεύσηται θανάτου

Man was added by the translators. The word pas can refer to all the whole, the sum total of all the group intended. Context is important n determining the group that the writer has in mind. Lets look at the very next verse 10

10 For it became him, for whom are all things, and by whom are all things, in bringing many sons unto glory, to make the captain of their salvation perfect through sufferings.

Bingo, its the many sons that e suffered and died for, or tasted death for,
The word many polys:

many, much, large, many, numerous, great

He tasted death for many Sons, a great number of them, everyone of them. This is important,, because later in the same epistle the writer uses the adjective many again to denote who He tasted death for Heb 9:28

So Christ was once offered to bear the sins of many; and unto them that look for him shall he appear the second time without sin unto salvation.

See to taste death back in Heb 2:9 is the exact same thing as " to bear the sins of many;" again, the many Sons of vs 10, everyone of the sons is who He tasted death for, not all of mankind without exception.

See Isa 53:11

He shall see of the travail of his soul, and shall be satisfied: by his knowledge shall my righteous servant justify many; for he shall bear their iniquities.

Not only does Hebrews 2:9 say, "That he by the grace of God should tasted death for every man". We also see in John 3:16, "That God so loved the world that gave his only begotten Son". And then it says in Romans 10:13, "That whosoever shall call on the name of the Lord shall be saved". It appears to me that salvation has been provided for everyone by the doing and the dying of Jesus. This is more compatible with the nature and the character of God who is merciful, kind and not willing that any should perish, 2 Peter 3:9. To believe that God would predestinate people to hell is to believe that God is an unmerciful tyrant. No one will be saved that believes God would do such a terrible thing like that.

beloved57

Not only does Hebrews 2:9 say, "That he by the grace of God should tasted death for every man". We also see in John 3:16, "That God so loved the world that gave his only begotten Son". And then it says in Romans 10:13, "That whosoever shall call on the name of the Lord shall be saved". It appears to me that salvation has been provided for everyone by the doing and the dying of Jesus. This is more compatible with the nature and the character of God who is merciful, kind and not willing that any should perish, 2 Peter 3:9. To believe that God would predestinate people to hell is to believe that God is an unmerciful tyrant. No one will be saved that believes God would do such a terrible thing like that.
Im showing how Heb 2:9 is referring to Christ tasting death for every Son, and bringing them to Glory as a result.

marke

Im showing how Heb 2:9 is referring to Christ tasting death for every Son, and bringing them to Glory as a result.
The Bible says Christ tasted death for every man, not "every son."

Hebrews 2:9
But we see Jesus, who was made a little lower than the angels for the suffering of death, crowned with glory and honour; that he by the grace of God should taste death for every man.

Every man implies every man, not just some men.

Revelation 22

11 He that is unjust, let him be unjust still: and he which is filthy, let him be filthy still: and he that is righteous, let him be righteous still: and he that is holy, let him be holy still.

12 And, behold, I come quickly; and my reward is with me, to give every man according as his work shall be.

beloved57

The everyone Christ tasted death for in Heb 2:9 is everyone of His Bride, His Church. Eph 5:25

25 Husbands, love your wives, even as Christ also loved the church, and gave himself for it;

marke

The everyone Christ tasted death for in Heb 2:9 is everyone of His Bride, His Church. Eph 5:25

25 Husbands, love your wives, even as Christ also loved the church, and gave himself for it;
Nobody dies for Adam's sin but Adam. Every man shall die for his own sins.
2 Chronicles 25:4
But he slew not their children, but did as it is written in the law in the book of Moses, where the Lord commanded, saying, The fathers shall not die for the children, neither shall the children die for the fathers, but every man shall die for his own sin.

God renders to every man his just deserts, not for what God does but for what every man does.
Psalm 62:12
Also unto thee, O Lord, belongeth mercy: for thou renderest to every man according to his work.

Maybe sinners will hear the word of God and every man will repent so God can show them mercy.
Jeremiah 36:3
It may be that the house of Judah will hear all the evil which I purpose to do unto them; that they may return every man from his evil way; that I may forgive their iniquity and their sin.

Nobody will be left out in the judgment. God will render to every man according to his works.
Matthew 16:27
For the Son of man shall come in the glory of his Father with his angels; and then he shall reward every man according to his works.

Jesus came to take away the sin of the world, not just the sin of the Calvinist church.
John 1:29
The next day John seeth Jesus coming unto him, and saith, Behold the Lamb of God, which taketh away the sin of the world.

Derf

Maybe not FOR Adam's sin, but certainly BECAUSE OF Adam's sin.
[Rom 5:12 KJV] Wherefore, as by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned:

Derf

2 Chronicles 25:4
But he slew not their children, but did as it is written in the law in the book of Moses, where the Lord commanded, saying, The fathers shall not die for the children, neither shall the children die for the fathers, but every man shall die for his own sin.

God renders to every man his just deserts, not for what God does but for what every man does.
Psalm 62:12
Also unto thee, O Lord, belongeth mercy: for thou renderest to every man according to his work.

Maybe sinners will hear the word of God and every man will repent so God can show them mercy.
Jeremiah 36:3
It may be that the house of Judah will hear all the evil which I purpose to do unto them; that they may return every man from his evil way; that I may forgive their iniquity and their sin.

Nobody will be left out in the judgment. God will render to every man according to his works.
Matthew 16:27
For the Son of man shall come in the glory of his Father with his angels; and then he shall reward every man according to his works.

Jesus came to take away the sin of the world, not just the sin of the Calvinist church.
John 1:29
The next day John seeth Jesus coming unto him, and saith, Behold the Lamb of God, which taketh away the sin of the world.
As soon as you get far enough along in showing that @beloved57 is wrong, he'll put you on ignore. He can't handle the truth.

marke

Maybe not FOR Adam's sin, but certainly BECAUSE OF Adam's sin.
[Rom 5:12 KJV] Wherefore, as by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned:
The first death is inevitable because of sin. The 2nd death is a sentence imposed only upon those who reject the light clearly revealed to them by the Holy Ghost. Nobody goes to hell for the sins of his father.

Ezekiel 18:20
The soul that sinneth, it shall die. The son shall not bear the iniquity of the father, neither shall the father bear the iniquity of the son: the righteousness of the righteous shall be upon him, and the wickedness of the wicked shall be upon him.

Romans 1:20
For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse:

beloved57

The everyone Christ tasted death for in Heb 2:9 is everyone who is a believer, who sees[spiritually] Jesus Heb 2:9

9 But we see Jesus, who was made a little lower than the angels for the suffering of death, crowned with glory and honour; that he by the grace of God should taste death for every man.

The writer here includes himself and isnt speaking of the natural man or jew. The seeing here is the effects of the Holy Spirit giving sight. So Jesus tasted death for every man that is seeing Him, Jesus who came to save His Peole from their sins Matt 1:21 Its the Fathers will Jesus said Jn 6:40

And this is the will of him that sent me, that every one which seeth the Son, and believeth on him, may have everlasting life: and I will raise him up at the last day.

marke

The everyone Christ tasted death for in Heb 2:9 is everyone who is a believer, who sees[spiritually] Jesus Heb 2:9

The writer here includes himself and isnt speaking of the natural man or jew. The seeing here is the effects of the Holy Spirit giving sight. So Jesus tasted death for every man that is seeing Him, Jesus who came to save His Peole from their sins Matt 1:21 Its the Fathers will Jesus said Jn 6:40

And this is the will of him that sent me, that every one which seeth the Son, and believeth on him, may have everlasting life: and I will raise him up at the last day.
Christ tasted death for every man so that no man has to die for his sins if he will only seek the Lord's forgiveness and salvation.

Ezekiel 33:11
Say unto them, As I live, saith the Lord God, I have no pleasure in the death of the wicked; but that the wicked turn from his way and live: turn ye, turn ye from your evil ways; for why will ye die, O house of Israel?

beloved57

Another way to understand Heb 2:9 from the context of scripture, and that is, the foundation of the death of Jesus in the verse is the Grace of God:

And the Grace of God is discriminate, its not for all without exception though for all without distinction
, of Gods Elect. Ex33:18-19

Ex. 33:18-19; And he said, I beseech thee, shew me thy glory. And he said, I will make all my goodness pass before thee, and I will proclaim the name of the LORD before thee; and will be gracious to whom I will be gracious, and will shew mercy on whom I will shew mercy

Rom 11:5-6

5 Even so then at this present time also there is a remnant according to the election of grace.

6 And if by grace, then is it no more of works: otherwise grace is no more grace. But if it be of works, then it is no more grace: otherwise work is no more work.

The substitutionary nature of Christs death was for a remnant accoring to the election of grace.

marke

Another way to understand Heb 2:9 from the context of scripture, and that is, the foundation of the death of Jesus in the verse is the Grace of God:

And the Grace of God is discriminate, its not for all without exception though for all without distinction
, of Gods Elect. Ex33:18-19

Ex. 33:18-19; And he said, I beseech thee, shew me thy glory. And he said, I will make all my goodness pass before thee, and I will proclaim the name of the LORD before thee; and will be gracious to whom I will be gracious, and will shew mercy on whom I will shew mercy

Rom 11:5-6

5 Even so then at this present time also there is a remnant according to the election of grace.

6 And if by grace, then is it no more of works: otherwise grace is no more grace. But if it be of works, then it is no more grace: otherwise work is no more work.

The substitutionary nature of Christs death was for a remnant accoring to the election of grace.
God has declared that He will be merciful to those who believe God.

Bradley D

"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life" (John 3:16).

everyone
πᾶς (pas)
Adjective - Nominative Masculine Singular
Strong's 3956: All, the whole, every kind of. Including all the forms of declension; apparently a primary word; all, any, every, the whole.

Omniskeptical

BANNED
Banned
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life" (John 3:16).

everyone
πᾶς (pas)
Adjective - Nominative Masculine Singular
Strong's 3956: All, the whole, every kind of. Including all the forms of declension; apparently a primary word; all, any, every, the whole.
So what does taste death mean?

Bradley D

That Christ has experienced all that we have/will go through including death. Christ being fully human and fully divine went through all that we experienced yet without sin.

beloved57

Another way of understanding Heb 2:9 as it regards who the every man were concerning who Christ tasted death for. It was for evetyone that had salvation by it Vs 10

10 For it became him, for whom are all things, and by whom are all things, in bringing many sons unto glory, to make the captain of their salvation perfect through sufferings.

Notice the writer terms it their salvation, it belonged to them even though they didnt know it. They had no knowledge of their salvation until they heard the Gospel, Paul writes in Eph 1:13

In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise,

See salvation belongs to the saved before they hear about it by means of the Gospel

Salvation belongs to every sinner Christ tasted death for. The word for in Heb 2:9

Its the greek word prep hyper and means:

1. in behalf of, for the sake of

Christ therefore suffered in behalf of them the death they should have experienced and that equates to their salvation from death. The word denotes representation, in the interest of others.

And notice it also means for the sake of meaning:

You do it for the purpose or in order to achieve a result. The result in this case is their salvation !

marke

Another way of understanding Heb 2:9 as it regards who the every man were concerning who Christ tasted death for. It was for evetyone that had salvation by it Vs 10

Notice the writer terms it their salvation, it belonged to them even though they didnt know it. They had no knowledge of their salvation until they heard the Gospel, Paul writes in Eph 1:13

In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise,

See salvation belongs to the saved before they hear about it by means of the Gospel

Salvation belongs to every sinner Christ tasted death for. The word for in Heb 2:9

Its the greek word prep hyper and means:

1. in behalf of, for the sake of

Christ therefore suffered in behalf of them the death they should have experienced and that equates to their salvation from death. The word denotes representation, in the interest of others.

And notice it also means for the sake of meaning:

You do it for the purpose or in order to achieve a result. The result in this case is their salvation !
Some people mistakenly think God created humans He never intended to love and who He pre-determined from the beginning to burn in white-hot wrath forever in hellfire for the sins He refused to forgive them for like He forgave others.