Ted Cruz is about the only one whose logic is consistent

brewmama

Then why does he keep filibustering and blocking ObamaCare and everything else? He knows full well any bill he offers up will never be signed by the president. Or else will sooner or later have to confront its own stupidity and be rejected.

To me he is a strange and puzzling little man.

Because if the other spineless Republicans would join him, Obama would would be in the same predicament as Clinton, and have to take the will of the people into account.

republicanchick

Ted Cruz doesn't seem to wet his finger and stick in in the air.

yeh, he's a peculiar one, isn't he

:)

people like that are very rare, it seems...

I have never found a person who agrees with me on everything... just Cruz...

now, true, I haven't found out his opinions on EVERYTHING but i have read his book and have been following the news closely... not that the news has him on as much as he deserves... as much as this country NEEDS... nope... but in any case...

+++

aikido7

BANNED
Banned
Ted Cruz is the most.. or at least ONE of the most logical candidates.. logical and consistent..

He is totally pro life.. doesn't believe as some of the more logically-challenged ones do that some lives are more worthy of protecting than others (lives that had the misfortune of being conceived in rape or incest, which of course was not THEIR doing..).

Huckabee seems to be another one who is logical and consistent in his reasoning. I say this despite not being (yet) in total agreement w/ him on not touching SS and Medicare. I think they could stand to be cut some.. I think EVERY dollar in gov should be cut but 5%..

But in any case... I have never... seriously NEVER heard Cruz say anything that is illogical or anything that I disagree with.

Do you know how awesome that is? I mean how many times can we find someone who believes exactly the same we we do? Now, true, I don't know everything ab out Cruz...

but I am already just... amazed...

This is someone who has true integrity, who cannot be bought..

and again, Huckabee is another one.

I was also impressed with Rand Paul at the debate... but i want Cruz for pres

__
Logic, thy name is not Ted Cruz. He wants to be president but he keeps saying things that make no sense.

Helping his fellow Republicans govern, or allowing small businesses prosper, is clearly not part of the grand design of Ted Cruz.

His job is to say outrageous things, and hope that enough people consider him a “maverick" for his outbursts.

Cruz fully supported the federal relief that went to flood victims in Texas but was against it when Hurricane Sandy destroyed parts of New York.

He has compared climate activists to flat-earthers, blamed Obama for the 2008 economic crash, claims ISIS is "literally nailing Christians to trees" (not true), says that cities with the toughest gun control laws have the most crime, estimates there are "111,000 agents" at the IRS and believes that George Soros is plotting to shut down golf courses throughout the U.S.

Charles Krauthammer recently wrote that Cruz was guilty of “amazing hypocrisy” in a recent news column.

If you listen carefully, you can hear the sound of popcorn being made by dense people all over the land.

Cruz probably doesn’t mind the title that’s been hung on him: Most hated man in the Senate. I’ll bet he relishes being called a "wacko bird” as John McCain refers to him.

After all, it’s the crazy birds who dominate the GOP these days.

republicanchick

He has compared climate activists to flat-earthers, blamed Obama for the 2008 economic crash, claims ISIS is "literally nailing Christians to trees" (not true), says that cities with the toughest gun control laws have the most crime, estimates there are "111,000 agents" at the IRS and believes that George Soros is plotting to shut down golf courses throughout the U.S.

days.

Jesus said his followers would be "hated by all" so no surprise people don't always like Cruz

and I REFUSE to listen to your supposed "facts" about Cruz w/o investigating myself

we have learned... that liberals are LIARS

they invented lying

Satan whom they follow is called the Father of all lies...

___

aikido7

BANNED
Banned
Jesus said his followers would be "hated by all" so no surprise people don't always like Cruz
Are you insinuating that Cruz is like Jesus? People don’t like Hitler, either. Is Cruz Hitler or is Jesus?

and I REFUSE to listen to your supposed "facts" about Cruz w/o investigating myself
That’s what all informed citizens should do. Not follow anyone who claims “authority,” whether pundits or pastors.

we have learned... that liberals are LIARS
Let’s admit up front that you will not evaluate any facts, evidence or data that comes from what you believe is “a liberal source.” So why do you trumpet the idea that you will be an objective investigator yourself?

they invented lying

Satan whom they follow is called the Father of all lies...
That is pure silliness. You are not only immature in the first phrase, but you are taking John’s Gospel literally. John wrote that about “the Jews,” not liberals!

You are wearing glasses that have lenses of defensiveness and fear.

We need citizens today that mean what they say when they make claims that they will investigate all claims.

And to put it to you bluntly, Cruz has revealed himself to be a hypocrite.

republicanchick

That is pure silliness. You are not only immature in the first phrase, but you are taking John’s Gospel literally. John wrote that about “the Jews,” not liberals!

I thought I had heard all the cockamamie interpretations of the Word possible...

geez... this one takes the cake!

outa here!

:luigi:

+++

aikido7

BANNED
Banned
If you think the cagwistas won't try and do that and worse, it's your intellect that you should worry about. Of course, the right-thinking elitists won't have to live that way. Just the hoi polloi.

I am amazed at the denial of the intellect of arguably the most brilliant man that has attempted the presidency in quite awhile. Oh that's right, it's a fatally flawed meme that is stuck in the brains of liberals that conservatives are STUPID!
The meme you bring up goes both ways, as any serious student of politics knows.

As for “worrying about [my] intellect,” it is a daily occurrence for me. This is exactly why I need focused and respectful criticism of my thoughts and beliefs. It’s the only way I learn new things--from other good people.

In matters such as beliefs about my faith, my constant companion is my more critical and objective side. Which usually falls flat when it comes to the subjectivities and diversities of theology.

aikido7

BANNED
Banned
I thought I had heard all the cockamamie interpretations of the Word possible...

geez... this one takes the cake!

outa here!

:luigi:

+++
Actually, the difference between John and the other three accounts was picked up by the first theological historians at the end of the 1700s.

These differences among the four gospels is why John is not called a “synoptic” gospel. In fact, in his gospel Jesus dies on a different day than the Passover proclaimed by Mark, Luke and Matthew.

That fact and evidence is proof that my interpretation and that of many others is far from “cockamaime.” Of course, I think that you are unable to meet me in a framework of Christian studies.

So I guess you can continue to fling judgements and name-callint my way, given you probably have little else to offer.

I DO like focused criticism of my thoughts and beliefs. But I need them given respectfully with an intention to evidence, facts and real data from the Bible.

republicanchick

it's amazing... and sad.. how some are stuck on MINUTIAE

in their spiritual progress so called...

scratch the word Progress....

but in any case... yeh, i dont think Jesus ever wanted us to get snagged on minor details... like how one gospel differs from another and blah blah blah...

Jesus is too awesome for such tomfoolery

++++